aucanucktiger

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Seems like he is liking Ole Miss a lot.

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

tOSU

Tough choice... money for your family's bills or free tattoos...

13 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Tough choice... money for your family's bills or free tattoos...

I'd go with better food and better looking women, personally. 

31 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

No doubt, and warmer winters. The NCAA should add a new rule requiring recruits to visit any BIG 10 school in the middle of the winter.

17 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

No doubt, and warmer winters. The NCAA should add a new rule requiring recruits to visit any BIG 10 school in the middle of the winter.

I didn't play college ball, but if I'd visited any B10 school in winter and then even just watched my high school 2-a-days down here, I would've paid my own airfare to the Great White North...

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

I'd choose the better chance to win the Natty...if I could stand Urban as a coach.

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'd choose the better chance to win the Natty...if I could stand Urban as a coach.

College lasts four years, but herpes lasts a lifetime!

On 7/14/2016 at 8:03 AM, thaitopher said:

At the same time, the schools up North, or from the far West could request the same for schools down South, but in July/August. I can tell you from personal experience that unless you grow up in the heat of the south, you will be ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE. Add in extra heat from pads and drills/scrimmages/games... And many who aren't accustomed to the South's true heat, will simply shut down. I've seen it with my own eyes. And it wasn't even football involved. I live in Eugene Oregon now. My wife is from here. We went to my 20th class reunion in Oneonta, and my wife was miserable the entire trip. She wouldn't even go see the sites. She thought she was ready. Its not uncommon to reach 105° here in the Northwest.... But its a significant difference from "true heat." When the sun goes down on those +100 days, long sleeves are often required. Only people born and raised in the South are able to function when true heat kicks in. Heck, she (my wife) was astounded when she walked outside after midnight and it was 95° with 100% humidity. That's something ONLY Southerner's are fimilar with. 

On 7/14/2016 at 7:31 AM, Barnacle said:

This x1000. Gotta give it to OM, they have the women and the food. But as I stated above... I say this because I was raised with the heat...

However, I certainly hope he picks the good guys, and commits back to the state... Just NOT the evil empire.

3 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

At the same time, the schools up North, or from the far West could request the same for schools down South, but in July/August. I can tell you from personal experience that unless you grow up in the heat of the south, you will be ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE. Add in extra heat from pads and drills/scrimmages/games... And many who aren't accustomed to the South's true heat, will simply shut down. I've seen it with my own eyes. And it wasn't even football involved. I live in Eugene Oregon now. My wife is from here. We went to my 20th class reunion in Oneonta, and my wife was miserable the entire trip. She wouldn't even go see the sites. She thought she was ready. Its not uncommon to reach 105° here in the Northwest.... But its a significant difference from "true heat." When the sun goes down on those +100 days, long sleeves are often required. Only people born and raised in the South are able to function when true heat kicks in. Heck, she (my wife) was astounded when she walked outside after midnight and it was 95° with 100% humidity. That's something ONLY Southerner's are fimilar with. 

This x1000. Gotta give it to OM, they have the women and the food. But as I stated above... I say this because I was raised with the heat...

However, I certainly hope he picks the good guys, and commits back to the state... Just NOT the evil empire.

I too live in Eugene now....pm me. Maybe we can catch a game this year.

On July 14, 2016 at 11:17 AM, ellitor said:

I would go to the place where I felt like I would have a better shot at playing early & playing the best teams in the country to showcase my abilities. 

10 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I would go to the place where I felt like I would have a better shot at playing early & playing the best teams in the country to showcase my abilities. 

And there's a counter to that just depending on your personality. I would go to the school that has the better coaching & development to prepare me the best. Between the 2 that again is tOSU IMO.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

And there's a counter to that just depending on your personality. I would go to the school that has the better coaching & development to prepare me the best. Between the 2 that again is tOSU IMO.

You're right. All depends on what the player would want for himself. 

6 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

You're right. All depends on what the player would want for himself. 

I agree. But he is an elite talent, he will more than likely be good wherever he goes. Particularly with the OL's he would run behind. It can be debated that it is a lot easier for coaches to develop elite talent vs lesser talent. Tim Horton has done a pretty good job with the backs he has had, and I don't think he has ever had a 5 star to work with at AU...hopefully he gets a chance with this guy even though it's a long shot.

14 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

I agree. But he is an elite talent, he will more than likely be good wherever he goes. Particularly with the OL's he would run behind. It can be debated that it is a lot easier for coaches to develop elite talent vs lesser talent. Tim Horton has done a pretty good job with the backs he has had, and I don't think he has ever had a 5 star to work with at AU...hopefully he gets a chance with this guy even though it's a long shot.

Roc was a 5*. 

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nice catch. Link

Yes ...he sure was. So in this case was it development or the player? I personally think the book was still open on his AU career....it would have been nice if he would have stayed.

3 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Yes ...he sure was. So in this case was it development or the player? I personally think the book was still open on his AU career....it would have been nice if he would have stayed.

It was the fact that he couldn't stay healthy for 4 quarters.

40 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

It was the fact that he couldn't stay healthy for 4 quarters.

and key fumbles, & was not always focused.

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Had a running back on my team in HS named Ifeanyi (if-on-ee). One day our coach yelled at him for something he did saying "there's no I in team!!!" Ifeanyi replied, "yeah, but they's two I's in Ifeanyi!" One of the funniest things I remember from HS Football. Needless to say he ran the rest of practice. 

Basically, our last three thousand-yard rushers were 4*s at best. Malik Miller was rated about the same as PB and even Tre by one service (ESPN I think).

Archived