Heath Huff Walk on Center

He's better than me and I appreciate his commitment. His feet seem to barely leave the floor, but he hasn't needed to stretch himself with the level of competition. Wish him well.

He's better than me and I appreciate his commitment. His feet seem to barely leave the floor, but he hasn't needed to stretch himself with the level of competition. Wish him well.

Well god I hope he's better then you in BB or we're in deep ............

I'm speculating-- we haven't played. ;)

But I have two years of Auburn intramural experience...

I'm speculating-- we haven't played. ;)/>

So ya got that going for you...which is nice. :)

Indeed...back in the day intramural sports at AU were pretty high level...mostly ex-HS players along with some out of season football players who managed to get time to play. Fond memories of getting by a*** busted in the Student Act building next door to the gym.

The intramural program at AU was quite good for for us un-recovered gym rats who needed and enjoyed the competition. ....hope all is going well there.

Indeed...back in the day intramural sports at AU were pretty high level...mostly ex-HS players along with some out of season football players who managed to get time to play. Fond memories of getting by a*** busted in the Student Act building next door to the gym.

The intramural program at AU was quite good for for us un-recovered gym rats who needed and enjoyed the competition. ....hope all is going well there.

I played a lot of intramural ball at Auburn one year played with a Professor who had been a starting guard at BYU as an undergrad. Had put on some weight and at 6'5" played center for us. Everybody on our team was a HS player except me. I was an athlete with a thick body who played D, rebounded and set picks. The toughest team we played and beat that year was a team made up of Football Players from Sewell Hall. I really miss those days.

I played on two teams that won the entire thing. Played in a summer one when I was a freshman against some football players and cy, who was assistant basketball coach at the time and he had played for South Florida in his time in college.

I used to LOVE playing against the football players. I was pretty well known I the ACT. I had the opportunity to walk on our basketball team but I had to turn it down. My best friend I had met at Auburn received the opportunity instead. I also was a crusher

I played on two teams that won the entire thing. Played in a summer one when I was a freshman against some football players and cy, who was assistant basketball coach at the time and he had played for South Florida in his time in college.

I used to LOVE playing against the football players. I was pretty well known I the ACT. I had the opportunity to walk on our basketball team but I had to turn it down. My best friend I had met at Auburn received the opportunity instead. I also was a crusher

Cole I will probably get laughed at but please what do you mean by saying I was a crusher.

Cole I will probably get laughed at but please what do you mean by saying I was a crusher.

Ha, I'd like to know that too. Must be out of the loop. :)

Orange crush is the guys who practice with/against the women's team. Sometimes with the men as well. From what i could tell coach would send someone from his staff to scout in the ACT. The best people they'd try to get. You had to maintain the same grade qualification as the athletes. You'd get free gear and shoes. Get in the home games free. You'd get to pick your classes and stuff first like the athletes. Bunch of perks.

It's how I met and received some tutelage from coach ciampi. He wanted me to start out on his staff actually. Not starting out as a coach but a low entry level. But sill it was an awesome opportunity if that's what I would have wanted to do on my life.

It's safe to say if coaching was something I wanted to do I would be doing it higher than a high school level from that offer. I was very flattered, he just took a liking to me.

Orange crush is the guys who practice with/against the women's team. Sometimes with the men as well. From what i could tell coach would send someone from his staff to scout in the ACT. The best people they'd try to get. You had to maintain the same grade qualification as the athletes. You'd get free gear and shoes. Get in the home games free. You'd get to pick your classes and stuff first like the athletes. Bunch of perks.

It's how I met and received some tutelage from coach ciampi. He wanted me to start out on his staff actually. Not starting out as a coach but a low entry level. But sill it was an awesome opportunity if that's what I would have wanted to do on my life.

It's safe to say if coaching was something I wanted to do I would be doing it higher than a high school level from that offer. I was very flattered, he just took a liking to me.

Thanks Cole that is cool and I learned something also.

I had the opportunity to attend games. ;)

I was a referee one season.....key word ONE. I almost died from all the running up and down the court non-stop. Couldn't even blow a whistle I was so winded in the first game. Nothing like playing football or golf.

• 3 weeks later...

Cole, have to say I really enjoyed the story as well. Cool!

Cole, have to say I really enjoyed the story as well. Cool!

+1

• 2 weeks later...

Since we're talking intramurals here I just have to share this. I went for 40+ points in back to back games. The next time we played I had DeAngelo Benton (remember him?) guarding me and he was so strong, quick, and agile I only had 4 points at halftime. I ended up with 20 something but we got blown out. I remember leaving the gym thinking that kid was going to be a star football player. I had a similar experience Cole, Lebo's assistant basically told me I'd make the team then I got cut. And I didn't really understand how cool the crusher opportunity would have been so I said no to that.

Anyway, I think Heath has a decent chance to develop into a player. Not very athletic but has good touch and can shoot over both shoulders in the post. Can he do that against guys who are 6-9 is the question. He played against terrible competition in high school but he did play AAU ball with a team on the Nike EYBL circuit. He played decent against that level of competition. At worst he's a practice body that will give AU all he has for 4 years and hopefully keep the team GPA up lol. At best he develops into a rotation big a few years down the road, comes in and gives 12-15 minutes per game. Either scenario is a big win for a walk on.

Archived