Baylor fallout can effect AU recruiting

ellitor

Famke is easily a composite 5*, even though Scout has her rated as a 4*.

The Grateful Dead opined on the Baylor situation when they sang that "one man gathers what another man spills."

One of my good friends mom was a signer with the grateful dead

Who? Not Donna, was it?

Are we planning to recruit any of the eight guys that have either requested releases from their February 2016 NLIs or intend to file for a release in short order? It's a hell of a list of players, including some potential stars.

Devin Duvernay - WR - 36th on the composite - had an AU offer

Patrick Hudson - OG - 50th

JP Urquidez - OT - 243rd

Kameron Martin - RB - 267th - had an AU offer

Parrish Cobb - CB - 305th

Jared Atkinson - WR - 419th (ESPN had him 237th)

Donovan Duvernay - Ath - 885th

I know it's breaking news, but I was wondering any of our recruiting folk have heard anything on our intentions.

Are we planning to recruit any of the eight guys that have either requested releases from their February 2016 NLIs or intend to file for a release in short order? It's a hell of a list of players, including some potential stars.

Devin Duvernay - WR - 36th on the composite - had an AU offer

Patrick Hudson - OG - 50th

JP Urquidez - OT - 243rd

Kameron Martin - RB - 267th - had an AU offer

Parrish Cobb - CB - 305th

Jared Atkinson - WR - 419th (ESPN had him 237th)

Donovan Duvernay - Ath - 885th

I know it's breaking news, but I was wondering any of our recruiting folk have heard anything on our intentions.

Only thing reported was Hudson not interested in AU.

I read that at least 5 players who were supposed to start class on Monday did not show up. I guess they would count against this year for any school that had space available to take them right now for the 2016 season.

Under the conditions at Baylor could they move along to a different school and be immediately eligible? ...

I read that at least 5 players who were supposed to start class on Monday did not show up. I guess they would count against this year for any school that had space available to take them right now for the 2016 season.

Under the conditions at Baylor could they move along to a different school and be immediately eligible? ...

No. Players that go on scholly with their new school after May 31st count to the next group of 25 initial counters, 2017 in this case. No team can count them with the 2016 even if they have room. On your 2nd part since they signed an NLIs they normally have to sit this season while transferring. The NCAA would have to intervene & make them immediately eligible.

No. Players that go on scholly with their new school after May 31st count to the next group of 25 initial counters, 2017 in this case. No team can count them with the 2016 even if they have room. On your 2nd part since they signed an NLIs they normally have to sit this season while transferring. The NCAA would have to intervene & make them immediately eligible.

That might cause some/most of those guys to reconsider if they have to sit out a year somewhere. Would be mighty hard for top rated prospect to lose his "freshman" year. I'm betting that something special will be worked out pretty quickly.

Some of them did not report to school so that might affect their standing.

That might cause some/most of those guys to reconsider if they have to sit out a year somewhere. Would be mighty hard for top rated prospect to lose his "freshman" year. I'm betting that something special will be worked out pretty quickly.

Some of them did not report to school so that might affect their standing.

Some have already appealed the NCAA null & void which could allow them to transfer without sitting out.

I didnt watch any baylor football last year so I don't know how good their QBs are but it would be nice if they have one looking to transfer out to be ready to go in 17.

So apparently players in last years class who already signed a national letter of intent are starting to ask to be released from their commitment including a player who visited Auburn with his family a couple of summers ago. If this turns into another PennState situation, the pool of available players might greatly increase.

Any chance we're headed to Texas to meet with Devin Duvernay in the near future?? That dude looks like a stud, and apparently Baylor screwed up his paperwork. He doesn't have a valid NLI and never reported for class, which means he's free to enroll anywhere and will be eligible his fall.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/15901528/baylor-bears-recruit-devin-duvernay-free-sign-elsewhere-nli-paperwork-error

Seriously, let's go after him. That would give us 3 of the top 5 WRs on ESPN rankings from last year's class. Plus Eli Stove at 14 and Marquis McClain at 80.

Not gonna start a different conversation, but I just watched Duvernay's Hudl highlights and... uh... he looks like he could fill a specific role in the offense that... uh... I've already said too much...

We can has all the receivers??

Any chance we're headed to Texas to meet with Devin Duvernay in the near future?? That dude looks like a stud, and apparently Baylor screwed up his paperwork. He doesn't have a valid NLI and never reported for class, which means he's free to enroll anywhere and will be eligible his fall.

http://espn.go.com/c...paperwork-error

Seriously, let's go after him. That would give us 3 of the top 5 WRs on ESPN rankings from last year's class. Plus Eli Stove at 14 and Marquis McClain at 80.

Again. Nothing reported on them having AU interest yet.

We played Silsbee last year, and Patrick Hudson is a MAN! It'd be great if he would give us a chance, but that is a looooong shot.

Duvernay has one official visit left, and I think he already visited TCU (who is considered the favorite according to the Internet). I'm just sayin'.

How many spots do we have left in this class? I know we have between 1-3. I'm not sure about the other Texas schools such as TCU. It would great to add a playmaker like Devin that could house it anytime he touches the ball and help lessen the blow of Roc leaving. He would certainly give us another home run threat.

How many spots do we have left in this class? I know we have between 1-3. I'm not sure about the other Texas schools such as TCU. It would great to add a playmaker like Devin that could house it anytime he touches the ball and help lessen the blow of Roc leaving. He would certainly give us another home run threat.

And IIRC Stephen Davis Jr.'s status is still up in the air.

No idea if it means anything to us, but 2016 4* WR Tren'Davian Dickson requesting a release.

Release or not, he's attended classes at Baylor. Unless the NCAA waives the transfer requirement for all Baylor players, Dickson will have to sit out a year. The article is not correct on that point.

Archived