Softball Super Regional vs. Arizona - game 2

Auburn needs to win twice today to advance to the WCWS in Oklahoma City. Makayla Martin getting the start in the circle for the first game today.

Notice the minor change in the batting order with Cooper batting 2nd today. LIkely to help get her more quality at bats and prevent Arizona from pitching around her as much.

I'm not feeling very well, so AU64 is going to handle the play by play, but asked me to start the thread and put the lineup here.

CjpAIrnWsAEVEfw.jpg

Auburn wearing the all gray uniforms today:

CjpFpfxWkAA1k4a.jpg

Take it away AU64. Perhaps I can pop in from time to time, and hopefully we'll have two games today. Let's do it.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well....AU game just streaming at the moment while Mizz tries to beat Mich.

64, It's not even streaming like they say it is. It's not available anywhere. The link on roku isn't active or available yet. This is unbelievable. I hate this crap.

Not feeling too bad right now, so I'll give it a go for a bit. Carosone hit by a pitch on back to back pitches. 1st one in the strike zone so she stayed at the plate. 2nd one, she takes 1st. Wallace up

Wallace grounds up the middle, cut off by the shortstop and she steps on 2nd for the force. nothing for Auburn after the hit batter.

I had the start on wtch espn - Howard with a bunt put out at first, Cooper ground out to 2nd base. Nothing exciting.

I like to move putting Cooper in second position. Hope it pays off for us today.

Very nice catch by Howard in left . Look what that ball might make the fence.

After 1 complete, we are scoreless. Rhodes, Fagan and Gipson coming up for Auburn.

Garbage call by the home plate ump doesn't hurt AU. Need those early runs. AU plays so much better with a lead.

Martin gets out of the inning stranding a runner on first.

AU coming to bat tied 1-1

Smart move by Clint to dampen the area in front of home...make it a little harder for Az on those chop hits.

Jade's approach at the plate lately hasn't been good. She needs to be more patient early in the count.

Rhodes pops it up to the right side, caught in shallow right. 1 out. Haley Fagan up. Waiting for Fagan to get that big hit.

Fagan at bat now...moved up in the order for this game. and she grounds to short for out 2.

Gipson at bat....fouls one down the right field line...now falls behind on the count 0-2 before grounding to short

A quick at bat for AU.

Arizona at bottom of the 2nd

Marin looking pretty sharp so far....gave up one of those high hoppers in the first but no damage.

Well, Martin hits the lead off batter....a bad way to start an inning putting the first batter on base.

Batter bunts and moves the runner along when Jade tags the batter along the first base line. Runner in scoring position with one out.

Az speed and small ball giving AU defense some problems.

Nice play by Cooper to field a hot grounder and keep the runner at 2nd and then throws the batter out for 2nd out.

Archived