Softball Super Regional vs. Arizona - game 2

Important moment ....need to keep Az off the board....and they are the home team today.

Ball is lined into left center...scores the runner from 2nd. Howard not able to get to the ball.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difference right now in pitching, Martin falls behind every batter and Arizona's pitcher gets ahead. That is a huge advantage and the reason AU trails now.

I like what Fagan did for us last year and know when she is on, has more pop than with Shea or Abbott, but she just doesn't have the experience this year at this point in the season. I would have preferred to put Shea or Abbott in as DP, but that is just me.

Hate to see us playing from behind already.

PB ...or WP? .and runner moves to 3rd with 2 outs.

And Martin rings her up for the 3rd out....but AU now down 1-0

martin gets called strike 3 to end the inning. After 2 complete, Auburn trails 1-0. Get the bats going Auburn.

Jordan, Draper and Howard up.

Hate to see us playing from behind already.

PB ...or WP? .and runner moves to 3rd with 2 outs.

And Martin rings her up for the 3rd out....but AU now down 1-0

If I'm calling it, it was a passed ball. Carlee should have blocked it instead she tried to trap it with her glove.

Draper trying to bunt and pops it up and its caught by the catcher. 1 out. Tiffany Howard up.

AU has not gotten anything solid off the Az pitcher...but it's just the top of the 3rd....so some time to respond...

but with a 7 inning game, the opportunities can be gone before you realize it.

Jordan opens with hit between first and 2nd and we have some speed on the bases with no out.

Draper pops up the first pitch...a quick out and did not get the runner moved along.

Howard overdue ......needs to move Jordan along to scoring position....but a short pop to center and Jordan is still stranded with 2 outs.

Cooper up with a chance to help the team.

Cooper grounds to 2nd and they take the force at 2nd to end the inning. Going to the bottom 3rd, Auburn trails 1-0

Well dang...that was weak and another inning gone with barely a whimper. Az pitcher really dominating our left handed batters.

Looking like O'Toole's comment of, "Bring it" wasn't as bad as some here thought. She's being ing it for sure and AU has no answer.

FYI...Michigan came back to eliminate Mizz in the last inning of their final game.....another SEC team gone.

I blame it on no props in the dugout - that's why we can't hit the ball!!!

Is that Braden Smith behind homeplate??

Yes... He's been to every game I think. Thought I read somewhere that his gf is on the team

Az opens with a hit and lead off runner is on again....not a good thing.

Wildcats back to their small ball....probably thinking another run or two will be enough the way O'Toole is pitching.

Need a good defensive effort here.

Is that Braden Smith behind homeplate??

Not sure. The guy was in the same seat last night. I wondered if it might be him.

I see we watered the infield today in front of plate

Archived