WCWS 2016 Bracket

Well it's a new season and in my view, any team that gets hot has a chance to win it . AU seems to be in a good bracket but as the fourth seed, it would be expected that we would be the strongest team in the bracket . As we have discussed a few times lately, Auburn's best route is to win the first game .......and then keep on winning . Losing the first game for any team is a big disadvantage .

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am hoping having the experience last year will have them ready for the start this year. If we play Auburn softball, we win.

CAN WE PLEASE GET SOMEONE OTHER THAN FLORIDA STATE IN OUR BRACKET EVER

It's been a long time since the women have been in the same bracket as FSU. Plus it happened much latter than for the men. The WCWS as opposed to a regional. The last time the women had FSU in regional play was 11 years ago, 2005.

It's been a long time since the women have been in the same bracket as FSU. Plus it happened much latter than for the men. The WCWS as opposed to a regional. The last time the women had FSU in regional play was 11 years ago, 2005.

I'm talking about sports in general. Played em national title game in 2013-2014 football, play em in basketball a good bit, and always seem to go to Tallahassee for regionals when we make them in baseball... Just tired of them being "around"

I'm talking about sports in general. Played em national title game in 2013-2014 football, play em in basketball a good bit, and always seem to go to Tallahassee for regionals when we make them in baseball... Just tired of them being "around"

Lol. My POV is we don't play them that much. For example, in baseball I'd love to play them in a home & home series each year. We don't play them in the regular season.

Well it looks like Georgia may take FSU down in the opening game of the tournament. The Bulldogs are leading 4–2 in the sixth.

Well, looks like I spoke too soon . Florida State just tied the game

Well, looks like I spoke too soon . Florida State just tied the game

Thanks for that Jinx. I want UGA & I wanted our game to start close to on time. Both may not happen now.

E, do you like the matchup with the Pups better?

E, do you like the matchup with the Pups better?

We swept them so yes. Also their ace pitcher has been a stud lately but after her FSU has a more talented roster overall 1-20.

FSU fumbled that game away....7 errors I think....kept letting the Dawgs get back in the game until they lost it.

Guess if I had a choice I would go with UGA but mostly I'm hoping we can get by UCLA...need to get off to a fast start and not get into the elimination round.

FSU fumbled that game away....7 errors I think....kept letting the Dawgs get back in the game until they lost it.

Yup. Lady Pups scored only 1 earned run.

Due to weather delays and postponement of Games 3 and 4 on Thursday night, the Auburn v Georgia game has been moved to Saturday, June 4, at 6PM CDT. WAR EAGLE!!

Due to weather delays and postponement of Games 3 and 4 on Thursday night, the Auburn v Georgia game has been moved to Saturday, June 4, at 6PM CDT. WAR EAGLE!!

Updated Bracket Click the printable bracket logo in the link.

Strange that they won't finish the bama-oky game earlier...waiting until 6 to start...and then LSU afterward if they can get it in? Maybe weather issues but odd they are doing nothing during daylight hours today.

Strange that they won't finish the bama-oky game earlier...waiting until 6 to start...and then LSU afterward if they can get it in? Maybe weather issues but odd they are doing nothing during daylight hours today.

TV

TV

I was thinking max attendance too. Only wanted 1 full day play on a weekday.

TV

I was thinking max attendance too. Only wanted 1 full day play on a weekday.

The fans that went would still be there most likely. None of the schools in the tourney are from the area, so work is not the issue. I guess they would still have local audiences that would attend. The TV ratings would take a dip. On the more important issue, who does this help more in our game pushing back? I would think Georgia. As noted they truly have 1 great pitcher and not much after that. This gives her a day to rest and be better prepared to start our game also. The way Auburn was hitting, I would have liked to play tonight as well.

Just made no sense with the weather out there to let a good play day go unused. Not like they don't play in sunshine....had to have been TV or something but otherwise, wasted a good day...and just hope those notorious late afternoon storms don't get in the way.

Softball pitchers don't need the rest like baseball pitchers do. Still, I'd have liked to play Georgia today. The extra day can't hurt the DullDawgs pitcher any.

Softball pitchers don't need the rest like baseball pitchers do. Still, I'd have liked to play Georgia today. The extra day can't hurt the DullDawgs pitcher any.

Softball not the same as baseball but don't think you can make an absolute statement about durability of pitchers in softball...that pitcher from JSU was definitely used up by the time she got back to the second AU game. ...and same for the very good pitchers at James Madison and Longwood who were asked to throw 3 games in a couple days.

But in the case of UGA,they do have more than one pitcher....and a day of rest won't hurt her.

3 run walk-off by Okla in the 8th to beat bama 3-0......tough pitching by both teams. Bama to the loser bracket

Archived