WCWS 2016 Bracket

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one day delay is huge for UGA. AU's advantage is the depth of pitching they have. If the other team's ace can go, that is nullified and is in the favor of the opponents. AU has good pitching, but not the shut down ace others have. Just have to bring the bats and be patient.

The one day delay is huge for UGA. AU's advantage is the depth of pitching they have. If the other team's ace can go, that is nullified and is in the favor of the opponents. AU has good pitching, but not the shut down ace others have. Just have to bring the bats and be patient.

With all due respect, no its not.. Many of these girls pitching have pitched back-to-back days many, many times since they start playing fast pitch for their travel teams going back to Jr High & high school. Wilkenson would have pitched if we played today & likely would have been tough. Now if 1 of the back to back days had a DH and that picher had near or more than 300 pitches in 2 day like Gilespie from Jax St, then you have a potential fatigue issue. Single games back-to-back days where the pitcher throws around 200 pitches in that time is nothing & very common for many of these pitchers. The day off does help UGA but the effect is only marginal.

With all due respect, no its not.. Many of these girls pitching have pitched back-to-back days many, many times since they start playing fast pitch for their travel teams going back to Jr High & high school. Wilkenson would have pitched if we played today & likely would have been tough. Now if 1 of the back to back days had a DH and that picher had near or more than 300 pitches in 2 day like Gilespie from Jax St, then you have a potential fatigue issue. Single games back-to-back days where the pitcher throws around 200 pitches in that time is nothing & very common for many of these pitchers. The day off does help UGA but the effect is only marginal.

Ok, maybe not huge, but it's still more helpful to UGA than AU.

We swept the DullDawgs in the regular season. Can we lose to them in this setting? Sure, but I don't see it as likely.

LSU competed stronger than I expected against Michigan. I thought Romero took a called third strike, but they gave her a base, and the Wolverines went from there. Seems one of the hardest coaching calls in a close game is whether and when to pull a pitcher that's been mowing down the opposition. The good news is that now either Michigan or Oklahoma has to lose.

Ok, maybe not huge, but it's still more helpful to UGA than AU.

In the short term of our game agreed. I would have liked to play Friday though so if we won Carlson & Martin would be completely fresh for the semis.

Welp with Bracket 2 being chalk if we win tonight we likely will face OU or Michigan in the Semifinals as the loser of their game tonight flips to our bracket. I hope it's OU because as BA as their stud pitcher is they are a 1 woman staff & by the time they get to us she could be pitching her 4th & if necessary 5th games in 3 days when they may play us.

Bet the NCAA might want to do away with the pitch box after the game last night. The ump had no consistent strike zone and totally clueless on the low pitches.

Did not appear her bad calls affected one team more than the other although after 2 or 3 missed pitches in a row the Mich pitcher was obviously upset and seemed to gesture toward the plate about "where was that pitch". ...and as noted above, a Mich player being awarded a walk on what appeared to a 3rd strike.

Worked both ways....obvious strikes called as balls and the other way around. Hoping someone in "official capacity" noticed that an takes corrective action. Not fair to the players.

I hate the pitch box, regardless of the ability of the ump. It's nothing but a distraction.

I hate the pitch box, regardless of the ability of the ump. It's nothing but a distraction.

This. Is it just me or do the pitches often look a good bit away from where the pitch box says they are?

Welp with Bracket 2 being chalk if we win tonight we likely will face OU or Michigan in the Semifinals as the loser of their game tonight flips to our bracket. I hope it's OU because as BA as their stud pitcher is they are a 1 woman staff & by the time they get to us she could be pitching her 4th & if necessary 5th games in 3 days when they may play us.

I would think it would be Oklahoma, which would be the better option of the 2. I doubt Michigan loses before the final series. Let's win today or we would have to play another SEC game in loser bracket.

I, too, find the box distracting.

I would think it would be Oklahoma, which would be the better option of the 2. I doubt Michigan loses before the final series. Let's win today or we would have to play another SEC game in loser bracket.

I, too, find the box distracting.

Yup. Our game loser gets the Bama-LSU winner.

I have voiced my displeasure of that stupid strike zone box since I saw the first pitch when I got home thursday afternoon. I hate it. There is absolutely no reason for it. It's a distraction and we haven't had it all year, so why does it have to be there now? It takes away from the game, IMO and serves no purpose.

I have voiced my displeasure of that stupid strike zone box since I saw the first pitch when I got home thursday afternoon. I hate it. There is absolutely no reason for it. It's a distraction and we haven't had it all year, so why does it have to be there now? It takes away from the game, IMO and serves no purpose.

Yep. I find myself looking at that stupid box on every pitch.

As an old umpire, I find the box totally useless and distracting. First, I agree that the ump had no clue as to the strike zone. Now, if you will, look at the camera angle. It is not lined up over the mound to the plate. This causes our perception of location to be a tad skewed. I have always maintained that the batteries (pitcher and catcher) will adjust to anybody's CONSISTENT zone. However, I stress consistent because last nights plate ump had severe issues with that word. WDE Ladies!

As an old umpire, I find the box totally useless and distracting. First, I agree that the ump had no clue as to the strike zone. Now, if you will, look at the camera angle. It is not lined up over the mound to the plate. This causes our perception of location to be a tad skewed. I have always maintained that the batteries (pitcher and catcher) will adjust to anybody's CONSISTENT zone. However, I stress consistent because last nights plate ump had severe issues with that word. WDE Ladies!

Yep...worst plate ump of the recent games....all over the place. But as for camera angle....it's several degrees off the right shoulder of the pitcher and the actual strike zone is about half a plate to the left (as shown by the camera) so pitches that look outside to a right handed batter are good strikes in most cases.

As for the box...maybe telling you stuff you already know but the software puts the box where the strike zone is for the batter..which a few feet in front of the catcher. .so many called strikes don't look like strikes when they get to the catcher's mitt.....especially with the drops and rise balls the gals are so good at.

But since the strike box the actual strike zone, when you watch an ump who seemed to miss a good percentage of calls....both balls...and strikes...you can understand why coaches and pitchers....and batters too...get upset with the inconsistency.

watching ucla and fsu play. top 3rd, ucla leads 4-3 and fsu has runners on 1st and 3rd with no outs. batter drops a bunt down, its fielded, throw comes home, tag is not in time, the run scores. After the home plate umpire signaled safe, he put both his arms up (indicating TIME is called), however, the runner going to 2nd was caught in a run down and is tagged out going back to 1st, the runner that was on first moves to third and attempts to score during the run down and home plate umpire calls her safe. How could she be safe (or even advance) after the home plate umpire had called time? Runners should have been on 1st and 3rd and the out not recorded on the run down, because he called time before the runner reached 2nd base. If he's not calling time there, he used some awful mechanics after calling the 1st runner safe at home. My opinion here, based on my basic rule knowledge is that ucla got screwed on that play allowing that 2nd run to score.

A heads up. Pretty sure we'll be the road team tonight since UHA has already been the designated road team in a game & we haven't.

It should always go by seeding, which I know it doesn't. Auburn has earned that seed. They should be rewarded.

It should always go by seeding, which I know it doesn't. Auburn has earned that seed. They should be rewarded.

They tech\nically are rewarded. If 2 teams have been the road team the same number of times. The higher seed is the home team.

i absolutely agree. It should be based on seeding. It should be part of the benefit of being a national seed (or the higher seed) when you play in the regional and super regional as well as the world series. In the first two rounds, you are hosting as a seeded team (or the higher seeded team) and should always be the home team in that situation.

Meanwhile, LSU keeping the pressure on bama..chance to send them home early.

Archived