WCWS 2016 Bracket

Yep, they seem to not be in the same ball park of the games we watch. Completely inept.

Good thought...I sometimes wonder if they are calling the games from the TV presentation in a studio somewhere.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no!!! Did you guys see the 5th inning home run by Bell? A woman tried to catch it in the stands. It deflected off her hands and hit a little girl right in the forehead. I hope she is OK. The announcers didn't say a word about it. There had to be a lot of commotion around her out there.

I saw it and was surprised they didn't show the replay. Probably because it was a kid. Do hope she's ok.

Misidentify players, miss plays while transpiring, I know it is plenty of airtime to fill, but discussing other teams, while play is ongoing and action on the field in front of them....

I was impressed by one angle and commentary, they caught the slide under the tag and called it well, the other day, during our game.

We beat FsU.....What is next? I have been watching softball here and there and love this team. We do have what it takes to bring home the NC. This would be great. 2 NCs this year is not bad. We need to get David Marsh back to Auburn. Pay the man double what he makes now and give him the keys to the pool and keep JJ out of site.

WHEN AU beats fsu, we would play the winner of the other bracket for the title.....2 out of 3.

EVEN IF AU lost, it would be the first loss and set up another elimination game.

We want LSU to win tonight so we get a day's rest & the 1 OU pitcher would have to pitch another possible 2 games before she sees us.

We want LSU to win tonight so we get a day's rest & the 1 OU pitcher would have to pitch another possible 2 games before she sees us.

I agree. But at the rate Parker is going, she looks like she could pitch forever.

Yep. Best scenario.

Paige Parker may be running out of gas for OU. LSU is starting to hit her effectively. She just got tagged for a three run jack. Just don't know what the Sooners have behind her as far as a staff is concerned.

Why has DirecTV's guide of ESPN stations been wrong all day? SMH!

Weather forced a change to the schedule. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.

OU vs AU in the championship series.

This ought to be a good test of Mikey's theory that softball pitchers have no limit in the number of pitches and games they can throw without some time off.

Paige Parker has started 31 games and appeared in 42 games for OK this season....could not find another pitcher with meaningful stats....looks like Parker is the one.

Oh...BTW...why is it that on rosters for women's teams, they never list the weight? only the height?

Oh...BTW...why is it that on rosters for women's teams, they never list the weight? only the height?

You have to ask why??

This ought to be a good test of Mikey's theory that softball pitchers have no limit in the number of pitches and games they can throw without some time off.

Paige Parker has started 31 games and appeared in 42 games for OK this season....could not find another pitcher with meaningful stats....looks like Parker is the one.

If you know anything about women then you know the answer.

If you know anything about women then you know the answer.

I'm old school...goes without saying....but I thought this was the new age of " truth, justice and the American way"....but some things don't change I guess.. :)

It's not my theory, it's what some of the coaches say. It's obvious that they can throw many times more than a baseball pitcher.

Now, quoting the Oklahoma coach: "Yes, she's thrown over 600 pitches and if she needs to she'll throw 600 more. She won't get tired." I simply don't believe that. There is a difference between tired and fatigued. She may still be somewhat effective, but she's hasn't been nearly as sharp these last two outings as she was previously. Fatigue has to be setting in.

She may whip us twice, we'll see, but I simply do not believe that that much pitching isn't wearing on her, mentally and physically.

Anything can happen, but if she throws even 100-300 more, I expect her to be less effective. I hope the coach goes with that theory, though.

I'm willing to test it out.

It's not my theory, it's what some of the coaches say. It's obvious that they can throw many times more than a baseball pitcher.

Now, quoting the Oklahoma coach: "Yes, she's thrown over 600 pitches and if she needs to she'll throw 600 more. She won't get tired." I simply don't believe that. There is a difference between tired and fatigued. She may still be somewhat effective, but she's hasn't been nearly as sharp these last two outings as she was previously. Fatigue has to be setting in.

I have been think/wondering the samething. I may be proven wrong, but I just can't see/believe a softball pitcher can pitch everyday without losing some of their performance. I also, thought it is interesting that she is going back to OU Softball facilities and getting treatment for her arm. Other schools don't have that options.

She may whip us twice, we'll see, but I simply do not believe that that much pitching isn't wearing on her, mentally and physically.

If she does, then we will know 1 ACE is better than have a committee of very good pitcher, at least in Softball.

I have been think/wondering the samething. I may be proven wrong, but I just can't see/believe a softball pitcher can pitch everyday without losing some of their performance. I also, thought it is interesting that she is going back to OU Softball facilities and getting treatment for her arm. Other schools don't have that options.

If she does, then we will know 1 ACE is better than have a committee of very good pitcher, at least in Softball.

Maybe but several teams with one ace will be watching this series on TV.....there is more to the team that the pitcher.

I am encouraged that LSU started to rough her up a bit in the late innings, but she again shut the door on them. Oklahoma actually had someone warming up in the bullpen. Pretty resilient Left hander. The AU pitchers need to limit their offense. I think we will bring the bats.

lo

Just kidding you Mikey . I know it's common for softball pitchers to throw a couple hundred pitches over a weekend. And while they might look like they still "have it," we have seen examples where just losing a little bit of control or something makes them more vulnerable...the FSU ace and Wilkinson for example. I expect our hitters to have a very positive attitude about Parker and will be greatly surprised if we score fewer than 5 or 6 runs.

Archived