WCWS Softball vs. UCLA - Game thread

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

slow roller to Cooper she throws to 2nd to get the lead runner that reached on a single up the middle. 2 outs. runner on 1st.

lined to right, right at Gipson and that's a final. Auburn wins 10-3 and advances to the winners bracket and will play Georgia tomorrow night at 6 PM on ESPN2 WAR EAGLE!!!!

Great win. Thanks War Tiger for keeping us informed. I was working and could only watch parts of the game.

War Damn Eagle!

Got to wait and see if the ball gets past the pitcher before committing to home... lost the runner at third. Need a hit by Cooper... or an IBB... big chance for Carosone.

That mistake was actually good for us. Would have had runners on 1st & 3rd but got the 2 best runners on the team on 2nd & 3rd.

Giving up 3-run homers has been the Achilles heel for this pitching staff all year. I'm glad to see that it hasn't hurt us YET in this game.

Do us all a favor and shut up

I'm waiting for the information. I figure since he is so quick to make such a statement, he has the info there to support it.

Pop up on the infield then a fly ball to right and Auburn is out of the inning. Going to the bottom 6th, Auburn leads 8-3.

Gipson, Jordan and Draper due up for Auburn.

You want data? Go look at the Florida game(s).

Great pitching there by Kaylee!

You said its been a problem all season not one series or against one opponent. I want the numbers for the whole season. You made the statement, you are the one obligated to prove it. We are waiting.

I'm not obligated to prove anything to you or anyone else. I've followed these girls passionately all year. We gave up FOUR 3-run homers in the Florida Series. And we gave up THREE 3-run homers during the Texas A&M Game 2 ALONE. I'm not looking up the rest of the games, but those are the ones that stood out in my mind. So yes, I stand by my statement. Giving up 3-run homers in critical moments have been a problem for the AU pitchers in our losses, and that is something that we can not afford to do in the World Series. THANKFULLY it did not cost us today.

Giving up 3-run homers has been the Achilles heel for this pitching staff all year. I'm glad to see that it hasn't hurt us YET in this game.

No it hasn't. Hurt us in the UF series & TAMU series.

lined to right, right at Gipson and that's a final. Auburn wins 10-3 and advances to the winners bracket and will play Georgia tomorrow night at 6 PM on ESPN2 WAR EAGLE!!!!

We obviously want to win this next game but we REALLY want to win it. The loser flips over to the bracket of death.

I think that was his point. The big losses came when they gave up 3R HRs.

Made it sound like a frequent occurrence..AU has played 55 games or more.....so actually is pretty rare considering all the times opposition has had 2 runners on base. ...just sayin'

Thank you! My point was that it has hurt us in our losses.

Do us all a favor and shut up

I'm waiting for the information. I figure since he is so quick to make such a statement, he has the info there to support it.

Pop up on the infield then a fly ball to right and Auburn is out of the inning. Going to the bottom 6th, Auburn leads 8-3.

Gipson, Jordan and Draper due up for Auburn.

You want data? Go look at the Florida game(s).

Great pitching there by Kaylee!

You said its been a problem all season not one series or against one opponent. I want the numbers for the whole season. You made the statement, you are the one obligated to prove it. We are waiting.

I'm not obligated to prove anything to you or anyone else. I've followed these girls passionately all year. We gave up FOUR 3-run homers in the Florida Series. And we gave up THREE 3-run homers during the Texas A&M Game 2 ALONE. I'm not looking up the rest of the games, but those are the ones that stood out in my mind. So yes, I stand by my statement. Giving up 3-run homers in critical moments have been a problem for the AU pitchers in our losses, and that is something that we can not afford to do in the World Series. THANKFULLY it did not cost us today.

When you make a statement that encompasses the entire season, yes you are obligated to prove it. Now when called out you change your story to two series' instead of all season. So, to put it another way, your original statement was WRONG. Yes we gave up quite a few home runs in those two series' but those series' were the anomaly not the norm. We wouldn't have a team ERA around 2.14 if we were constantly giving up 3 run home runs like you incorrectly state we were doing all season.

To clarify my earlier statement and to make everyone happy....

If there has been one Achilles heel from these Auburn pitchers (that have otherwise done an impressive job), it has been that they have given up 3-run homers at critical points throughout the season that have led to losses. Let's hope that the 3-run homer given up today is an a anomaly in this World Series. War Eagle!

That is not the same as " achillies heel all year." That's my & WT's point.

Here's the numbers. We gave up 8 3-run shots and those were only in 5 games. 4 in 3 games against UF. 3 in 1 game versus TAMU. 1 versus UCLA. Our record in those 5 games is 2-3. Not bad considering the taters. And 5 games w/ 3 run homes out of 65 games is not much. Also of the 33 taters we gave up all year 8 were 3 run shot, slightly below 25%. That's not inordinately high at all.

To clarify my earlier statement and to make everyone happy....

If there has been one Achilles heel from these Auburn pitchers (that have otherwise done an impressive job), it has been that they have given up 3-run homers at critical points throughout the season that have led to losses. Let's hope that the 3-run homer given up today is an a anomaly in this World Series. War Eagle!

Facts just posted above does not support this opinion.

Archived