WCWS Softball vs. UCLA - Game thread

These girls came out ready to play. Fagan is proving to be the difference maker outside of the big 3. So glad to have her in the lineup again. Such a relief to win the first one but like E said, let's win the next to keep from flipping brackets.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giving up 3-run homers has been the Achilles heel for this pitching staff all year. I'm glad to see that it hasn't hurt us YET in this game.

No it hasn't. Hurt us in the UF series & TAMU series.

I think that was his point. The big losses came when they gave up 3R HRs.

That is not the same as " achillies heel all year." That's my & WT's point.

Here's the numbers. We gave up 8 3-run shots and those were only in 5 games. 4 in 3 games against UF. 3 in 1 game versus TAMU. 1 versus UCLA. Our record in those 5 games is 2-3. Not bad considering the taters. And 5 games w/ 3 run homes out of 65 games is not much. Also of the 33 taters we gave up all year 8 were 3 run shot, slightly below 25%. That's not inordinately high at all.

Thanks for doing the research ellitor. I guess someone else had to do it.

To clarify my earlier statement and to make everyone happy....

If there has been one Achilles heel from these Auburn pitchers (that have otherwise done an impressive job), it has been that they have given up 3-run homers at critical points throughout the season that have led to losses. Let's hope that the 3-run homer given up today is an a anomaly in this World Series. War Eagle!

Facts just posted above does not support this opinion.

Yes, they do! They directly contributed to 3 of our 9 losses (that is a high direct correlation). Prior to today we were 1-3 in those games with the one win being Game 3 against Florida that we came from behind to win late at home. We might not have been so fortunate if the game had been on the road. I don't know how else you want me to say it, but it has really hurt us in our losses.

Giving up 3-run homers has been the Achilles heel for this pitching staff all year. I'm glad to see that it hasn't hurt us YET in this game.

Here's the numbers. We gave up 8 3-run shots and those were only in 5 games. 4 in 3 games against UF. 3 in 1 game versus TAMU. 1 versus UCLA. Our record in those 5 games is 2-3. Not bad considering the taters. And 5 games w/ 3 run homes out of 65 games is not much. Also of the 33 taters we gave up all year 8 were 3 run shot, slightly below 25%. That's not inordinately high at all.

Go and love yourself

Go and love yourself

NOT necessary at all. Pack it in and let it go.

Go and love yourself

NOT necessary at all. Pack it in and let it go.

You're right, I apologize!

I just started a new job yesterday and I had meetings all afternoon so I didn't get to see the game live and purposely stayed away from the game thread and sports talk radio. I just finished watching it on DVR and had no clue how the game went. NICE!! That was not the UCLA team that I have watched several times this season. Their pitching was off. But, I give Auburn credit for playing Auburn Softball and taking advantage of the situations given to them. UGA is scary. They have been playing good ball lately. I didn't see their game today but FSU is no pushover. I can't wait to watch the girls tomorrow. WAR EAGLE!!

I just started a new job yesterday and I had meetings all afternoon so I didn't get to see the game live and purposely stayed away from the game thread and sports talk radio. I just finished watching it on DVR and had no clue how the game went. NICE!! That was not the UCLA team that I have watched several times this season. Their pitching was off. But, I give Auburn credit for playing Auburn Softball and taking advantage of the situations given to them. UGA is scary. They have been playing good ball lately. I didn't see their game today but FSU is no pushover. I can't wait to watch the girls tomorrow. WAR EAGLE!!

FSU committed a WCWS record 7 errors today against Georgia.

I keep seeing people say that if you lose you flip to the other bracket at some point. Yet the format I've gathered from tv and reading on the NCAA site is that it is winner from bracket 1 faces winner from bracket 2 in a best of 3 series. Bracket 1 and 2 acts in the same format as a regional with double elimination. Am I missing something???

What we saw today, that is called dominance. So proud of this team. When they hit on all cylinders, they are essentially unbeatable. War Eagle ladies! Maybe teach our guys how to sports?

I keep seeing people say that if you lose you flip to the other bracket at some point. Yet the format I've gathered from tv and reading on the NCAA site is that it is winner from bracket 1 faces winner from bracket 2 in a best of 3 series. Bracket 1 and 2 acts in the same format as a regional with double elimination. Am I missing something???

Yes. There is a winner's game tomorrow in each side of the bracket. The losers of each of those games flip to the other side of bracket. Example, if UGA loses to us tomorrow they go to the other bracket. The 2 flippers are thw teams that win their 1st game but lose their 2nd game.

Full bracket in PDF form for those who still have questions

Yes. There is a winner's game tomorrow in each side of the bracket. The losers of each of those games flip to the other side of bracket. Example, if UGA loses to us tomorrow they go to the other bracket. The 2 flippers are thw teams that win their 1st game but lose their 2nd game.

Full bracket in PDF form for those who still have questions

Thanks for that link!!

Archived