WCWS FINALS vs. Oklahoma -Game One Thread

Good. Let's string some hits together now.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

infield single but nothing else. After 1 complete we are scoreless. Wallace, Rhodes and Fagan coming up.

Perhaps I don't watch enough softball, but she seems to be having a hard time throwing strikes.

She's not getting behind in the count, and you can't give them too much. Dangerous lineup.

Good contact, just missed it. Getting the bat on the ball tonight so OU pitcher isn't unhittable.

Perhaps I don't watch enough softball, but she seems to be having a hard time throwing strikes.

She's not getting behind in the count, and you can't give them too much. Dangerous lineup.

So that's the strategy. Got it, thanks.

Well crap. Going to be a pitching duel I suppose.

Parker throwing strikes and AU batters not waiting....quick inning. But...PP not fooling anyone much....

Well crap. Going to be a pitching duel I suppose.

First time through the lineup. Let's wait until that second time before we declare that. Plus Davis isn't exactly fireballing them in there, they will start making better contact.

I think they said the ou pitcher gets something like 75% of her outs via the strikeout and fly ball. Through 2 innings but only 6 batters, we have one fly ball and no strike outs. Glad to see our girls making contact as that will pay dividends over the period of the game and start moving that contact to openings in the defense.

Parker throwing strikes and AU batters not waiting....quick inning. But...PP not fooling anyone much....

Yep. AU getting good wood on the ball. Just got to find a gap or two.

The secret is not to throw strikes...just make them look like strikes and keep them out of the strike zone.

Is that 53-55 mph pitch a change up or something else? And she just hit 66 so she's got a bit more pop than I thought.

Davis issues a walk but nothing else. Scoreless through 2 innings. Gipson, Jordan and Draper coming up for Auburn in the 3rd.

Good. Hope the bottom of the lineup can give us something to work with here.

Got the popup. Seems the pitches she's throwing for strikes so far haven't been easy to square up. That's a good sign.

Archived