Coach Myers Son

Any chance that he is our HCIW? Seems like he has a pretty active role of coaching already as an assistant. I think if he becomes the next HC, our program would have a much easier transition from head coach to head coach. Also, how long do y'all think Coach Myers will continue to coach before he retires?

Any chance that he is our HCIW? Seems like he has a pretty active role of coaching already as an assistant. I think if he becomes the next HC, our program would have a much easier transition from head coach to head coach. Also, how long do y'all think Coach Myers will continue to coach before he retires?

Yes. It was part of the deal when Clint took the job that 1 of his sons would take over when he retires.

If we win tonight I could see him retiring this year. Just a guess there though.

I hope, selfishly, that doesn't happen yet. Clint has plenty left in the tank. However, when that time comes, IMO, it is as fine an option as is available. Goodness knows, he's learned at the heels of one of the best.

Yes. It was part of the deal when Clint took the job that 1 of his sons would take over when he retires.

If we win tonight I could see him retiring this year. Just a guess there though.

I hope he sticks around a little longer regardless of the outcome of the game tonight. Is he going to take on a consultant role or anything after he retires?

I hope he sticks around a little longer regardless of the outcome of the game tonight. Is he going to take on a consultant role or anything after he retires?

Haven't heard.

I am guessing, he will be a voluntary assistant, like his other son was until he took another job coaching pro baseball.

^^This^^ Corey is set to take over.

I thought i read an article a while back where Coach CM said he planned to coach until about 2020 barring any health issues.

I will look to see if i can find it. I think he is now around 64, and i also think he said sometime last year he wanted to coach another 5 years which would put him in line with what he originally stated.

So, unless he changes his mind, Corey has longer to wait, if that is truly what was agreed upon.

Buddy of mine last night said the reason we do so well in softball recruiting is because the girls like having their pawpaw in the dugout with them lol

ok.. i found his quote, which was from 2013 when he was hired. he said:

"It really depends on two things: God and my wife," Myers said. "I'm looking at 2020 as the goal, and if the health stays good and my wife says she's enjoying herself and everything else, who knows."

ofc, if he feels he has hit such a high plateau earlier (such as 1 or 2 National Championships), then he may change his mind.

I thought i read an article a while back where Coach CM said he planned to coach until about 2020 barring any health issues.

I will look to see if i can find it. I think he is now around 64, and i also think he said sometime last year he wanted to coach another 5 years which would put him in line with what he originally stated.

So, unless he changes his mind, Corey has longer to wait, if that is truly what was agreed upon.

I think you are right. Like I said my opinion was just a guess. The whole wanting to go out on top thing.

Buddy of mine last night said the reason we do so well in softball recruiting is because the girls like having their pawpaw in the dugout with them lol

We don't know how well we have done recruiting yet. All the major players on this team from high school signed with Tina Dees as HC except Carlee Wallace & Makayla Martin. The rest are walk ons and transfers CCM got.

interesting E. So you think our FR/SO recruits Meyers signed are part of a "not done well recruiting", group?

I agree they havent cracked the starting lineup (except Wallace and Martin), but it seems to be because the players Deese brought in, Meyers developed farther to another level, and made them championship players.

It's interesting, that unlike other sports (baseball, etc), the talk always seems to be, that a new coach needs to bring in 'his type' players. Meyers has proved, at least in softball, that he can do it with existing players.

interesting E. So you think our FR/SO recruits Meyers signed are part of a "not done well recruiting", group?

I agree they havent cracked the starting lineup (except Wallace and Martin), but it seems to be because the players Deese brought in, Meyers developed farther to another level, and made them championship players.

It's interesting, that unlike other sports (baseball, etc), the talk always seems to be, that a new coach needs to bring in 'his type' players. Meyers has proved, at least in softball, that he can do it with existing players.

1. No. Just saying they have not had to contribute a lot yet w/ a couple exceptions. We don't know how good they are yet. 2. Obviously.

We don't know how well we have done recruiting yet. All the major players on this team from high school signed with Tina Dees as HC except Carlee Wallace & Makayla Martin. The rest are walk ons and transfers CCM got.

my buddy leant either, he was just making a joke E. Lol!

my buddy leant either, he was just making a joke E. Lol!

Yeah. I did not read pased the word recruiting or I would have known it was a joke. My bad again.

Archived