2016 3* LB/S Stephen Davis Jr.

EagleDamnWar

Can we seriously stop bashing SD? He gave Lattimore the BEST advice out of anyone else involved with his recruitment. I'd rather have a former AU player give solid advice that helps a recruit choose what he wants, as opposed to wrangling these kids to their school when it might not be the best place for them. Did I want Lattimore? Hell yeah! Who didn't? But, what SD did was all class and some of you need to take off the O & B shades and realize it. That is all and WDE!

AU would have been a much better fit that USCe. Spurrier ran ML way too many times. IMO. And this type of post is JABA at it finest.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we seriously stop bashing SD? He gave Lattimore the BEST advice out of anyone else involved with his recruitment. I'd rather have a former AU player give solid advice that helps a recruit choose what he wants, as opposed to wrangling these kids to their school when it might not be the best place for them. Did I want Lattimore? Hell yeah! Who didn't? But, what SD did was all class and some of you need to take off the O & B shades and realize it. That is all and WDE!

Couldn't agree more. The ones who are giving Davis a hard time about not pushing Lattimore to us are probably the same ones who are upset when High School coach who has an affiliation with Bama pushes a kid to Bama. Lets not have double standards. It came down to Lattimore wanting to stay in his home state near his family and Davis couldn't argue with that. That is a solid reason for going to SC

AU would have been a much better fit that USCe. Spurrier ran ML way too many times. IMO. And this type of post is JABA at it finest.

You aren't getting it dude. Spurrier did run Lattimore too much (when has he not done this with RBs) but that isn't the point of my post nor is team fit. Since we're on that topic though, would you tell me why he would have been a better fit at AU sharing carries with Dyer? He could have very well been injured at AU also. This isn't a JABA thing.

Texas, it also came down to not wanting to share carries.

For the others still upset over this situation, time to move on. It was 4-5 years ago.

• 2 months later...
15183081-large.jpg

Auburn could be close to landing a commitment from a 2016 legacy prospect.

Stephen Davis Jr., the son of former Auburn and NFL running back Stephen Davis, named Auburn his leader after the A-Day game, and that lead has reportedly grown.

"They're still No. 1," Davis told 247Sports. "I'm still looking at them big time, and they're still looking at me.

"I want to commit right now, but I still have to visit other places and I'm just keeping it to the side right now."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/06/stephen_davis_jr_son_of_former.html

Will Davis end up at Safety or LB, or Star...any other thoughts. He is way good for just finishing his Sophmore year. Looks like both Scout and 247 have him as a 4 star right now, someone can update the OP. I hope he commits this summer.

Will Davis end up at Safety or LB, or Star...any other thoughts. He is way good for just finishing his Sophmore year. Looks like both Scout and 247 have him as a 4 star right now, someone can update the OP. I hope he commits this summer.

AU likes him at safety. Love the idea of AU having safety's in the 6'2 to 6'4 220lb range. :hellyeah:

AU likes him at safety. Love the idea of AU having safety's in the 6'2 to 6'4 220lb range. :hellyeah:/>

That looks like the position he is playing in high school. I think he is going to be a good one. It will sure be fun to see both Bo Jackson Steven Davis roaming our sidelines together. Talk about talent.

• 1 month later...

It would be good if Davis would commit and help recruit. We are having a fantastic start to our 2016 recruiting.class.

It would be good if Davis would commit and help recruit. We are having a fantastic start to our 2016 recruiting.class.

If Davis Jr visits this weekend he will commit IMO.

It's just a matter of time...if he's ready I'm sure the coaches are choosing the timing to be most effective for max publicity.

It's just a matter of time...if he's ready I'm sure the coaches are choosing the timing to be most effective for max publicity.

Not sure how much this staff does that. For example it would have been more effective had McBoom committed on TV in a few weeks as he had planned to do.

Not sure how much this staff does that. For example it would have been more effective had McBoom committed on TV in a few weeks as he had planned to do.

I thought McBOOM was planning on waiting until his season was over.

Ahem.

Ahem. http://www.aufamily....08#entry2075241

We all know that. McBOOM said in his commitment interview to 247 that he was going to commit on TV I believe next week but decided to go ahead and commit when he did.

Ahem. http://www.aufamily....08#entry2075241

We all know that. McBOOM said in his commitment interview to 247 that he was going to commit on TV I believe next week but decided to go ahead and commit when he did.

Gotcha E, I must've missed that tidbit.

I think they do it plenty. We took 8 commits during a down period that allowed us to be the talk of the nation when nothing else was going on. It propelled us into the too 5 nationally were we have pretty much remained. It may not all be calculated, but you better believe Gus is every bit as calculating in recruiting as he is in coaching.

I think they do it plenty. We took 8 commits during a down period that allowed us to be the talk of the nation when nothing else was going on. It propelled us into the too 5 nationally were we have pretty much remained. It may not all be calculated, but you better believe Gus is every bit as calculating in recruiting as he is in coaching.

They are very calculated when they can be. Sometimes a kid just wants to get his commitment out of the way and thats what happens. Some kids will put off their commitment till the coaches want them to go public.

And we have some staffs who use kids, get them to be dishonest with friends and other coaching staff's to string them along. You know which staff I'm talking about. AU is not one of those.

They are very calculated when they can be. Sometimes a kid just wants to get his commitment out of the way and thats what happens. Some kids will put off their commitment till the coaches want them to go public.

And we have some staffs who use kids, get them to be dishonest with friends and other coaching staff's to string them along. You know which staff I'm talking about. AU is not one of those.

Seems we all know who that staff is. What a great thing to teach your incoming freshman.....be dishonest. Or you could sign with AU and become an Auburn Man!

Wish Stephen would commit to Auburn soon. We need some good news.

Craig, Westry and McBryde in the last ten days is not enough for you?

Wish Stephen would commit to Auburn soon. We need some good news.

Craig, Westry and McBryde in the last ten days is not enough for you?

Exactly! and Davis may commit as well.

Archived