Coaches T-Will & Steele already making waves w/ 2017 LB recruiting

ellitor

AU in good shape w/

4* Markail Benton (could decide within weeks)

4* Will Ignont

4* TD Moultry

3* Chandler Wooten (wants to commit by his birthday April 25th)

3* KJ Britt

3* Monty Rice

3* Kendrick Haynes

3* Thomas Johnston

3* Tadarrius Patterson

Now the question becomes which 4 or 5 will AU take? (No Mikey you can't have all 9.)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very happy that someone(s) at AU is moving to correct the disaster area that has been our linebacker recruiting for 5 of the last 6 years. Signing four solid SEC prospects would be great. Now lets hope we get it done!

That Monty rice kid talent level exceeds a three star imo. Physically ignot will be ready to play his freshman year no matter where he goes

AU in great shape w/

4* Will Ignont

4* TD Moultry

3* KJ Britt

3* Monty Rice

3* Kendrick Haynes

3* Thomas Johnston

3* Tadarrius Patterson

Now the question becomes which 4 or 5 will AU take? (No Mikey you can't have all 9.)

Not to demean our players but lately it seems we've mostly gotten LBs that our major rivals did not want. What's likely to be the competitive situation with these guys? Guess I'm thinking more along the lines of which ones will still be in our corner this time next year.

AU in great shape w/

4* Will Ignont

4* TD Moultry

3* KJ Britt

3* Monty Rice

3* Kendrick Haynes

3* Thomas Johnston

3* Tadarrius Patterson

Not to demean our players but lately it seems we've mostly gotten LBs that our major rivals did not want. What's likely to be the competitive situation with these guys? Guess I'm thinking more along the lines of which ones will still be in our corner this time next year.

You are right. In the past 5 years Tre Williams was the only 1 Bama wanted that we got. Bama is working on some of the same guys we are this year but since they are a national brand I would not be surprised if they signed others making our path with these easier even if Bama wants them too.

AU in great shape w/

4* Will Ignont

4* TD Moultry

3* KJ Britt

3* Monty Rice

3* Kendrick Haynes

3* Thomas Johnston

3* Tadarrius Patterson

You are right. In the past 5 years Tre Williams was the only 1 Bama wanted that we got. Bama is working on some of the same guys we are this year but since they are a national brand I would not be surprised if they signed others making our path with these easier even if Bama wants them too.

Sounds reasonable and with their recent haul, bama might not be after as many LBs this year. I didn't check all of these guys so don't know where they live.

And, as you say, bama fishes a bigger pond....though they seem to have a special affinity for prospects who seem interested in Auburn.

AU in great shape w/

4* Will Ignont

4* TD Moultry

3* KJ Britt

3* Monty Rice

3* Kendrick Haynes

3* Thomas Johnston

3* Tadarrius Patterson

Pretty sure they will get the number 1 guy guy overall from Louisiana. At least that'll be a spot for us to get one of the in state guys hopefully

AU in great shape w/

4* Will Ignont

4* TD Moultry

3* KJ Britt

3* Monty Rice

3* Kendrick Haynes

3* Thomas Johnston

3* Tadarrius Patterson

Pretty sure they will get the number 1 guy guy overall from Louisiana. At least that'll be a spot for us to get one of the in state guys hopefully

I hope they don't get Moses.

I just read that T Will will be 'cruiting Mobile and Gwinnett County GA.

AU in great shape w/

4* Will Ignont

4* TD Moultry

3* KJ Britt

3* Monty Rice

3* Kendrick Haynes

3* Thomas Johnston

3* Tadarrius Patterson

I might be remembering incorrectly but I thought Bama was going pretty hard after Darrell Williams, and I seem to remember everyone going after Jeff Holland. Do those not count as LB recruits?

AU in great shape w/

4* Will Ignont

4* TD Moultry

3* KJ Britt

3* Monty Rice

3* Kendrick Haynes

3* Thomas Johnston

3* Tadarrius Patterson

I might be remembering incorrectly but I thought Bama was going pretty hard after Darrell Williams, and I seem to remember everyone going after Jeff Holland. Do those not count as LB recruits?

Nothing wrong with your memory. You are correct. about both recruits.

AU in great shape w/

4* Will Ignont

4* TD Moultry

3* KJ Britt

3* Monty Rice

3* Kendrick Haynes

3* Thomas Johnston

3* Tadarrius Patterson

Holland was a big sign. People do forget about him somewhat. UF wanted him pretty bad as well as Ole Miss. Not sure about Bama. They can be picky because they can afford to be

Dwill I think didn't have a commitable offer from Alabama until late. By then we had him sold on playing time.

AU in great shape w/

4* Will Ignont

4* TD Moultry

3* KJ Britt

3* Monty Rice

3* Kendrick Haynes

3* Thomas Johnston

3* Tadarrius Patterson

But incorrrect on the details. DW never had a commitable Bama offer. It was 1 of the reason he picked AU in the first place as he was a Bama fan. Bama was never a real threat for Holland so I don't consider that a battle. And since they were not a real threat it's not known if he had a commitable Bama offer either.

Sorry for stating the obvious but I am tickled to see both the quality and the quantity of linebackers we are looking at. Maybe they are listening to Mikey LOL.

Lets just wait and see if any of them really sign with Williams and Steele.

Mr. Obvious shows up with a monumental observation. Boom!

Here you go Mikey.

An ocasional look at Auburn recruiting ....

No matter how you look at it, it appears Auburn is going to hit a homerun at linebacker. Now, will it be a solo shot or a grand slam?

That remains to be seen. But right now, I'm leaning toward the latter.

From the mouths of some prospects -- and from what we're hearing -- Auburn leads for four of its five biggest targets -- Markail Benton, Tadarian Moultry, Will Ignont and Chandler Wooten.

The Tigers definitely want four backers -- could take five. Remember, you have three LB positions -- so they don't all line up at the same position.

Benton seems like he's certainly Auburn bound at this time. Auburn's also in good shape with Wooten.

With Moultry and Ignont, though Auburn leads -- watch out for Alabama. Yes, the Tide just signed a great LB class -- but they will be factors with both.

Should Auburn land all four -- that's a grand slam. Then, if you add a fifth -- let's say a Thomas Johnston from Spanish Fort (Ala.) -- well, that's the proverbial icing.

The good news: Even if Auburn misses on a Moultry or Ignont, the state is loaded. Kenney Britt, offered Saturday, is solid. Monty Rice, also offered Saturday, has the best frame of the bunch.

And ... there are others.

The bottom line: Auburn has a major need at LB -- and the Tigers have the potential for a special class.

But in February, "potential" doesn't mean much.

The time to get excited is when spots start to fill. When will that happen? Maybe fairly soon.

Here you go Mikey.

No matter how you look at it, it appears Auburn is going to hit a homerun at linebacker. Now, will it be a solo shot or a grand slam?

From the mouths of some prospects -- and from what we're hearing -- Auburn leads for four of its five biggest targets -- Markail Benton, Tadarian Moultry, Will Ignont and Chandler Wooten.

The Tigers definitely want four backers -- could take five. Remember, you have three LB positions -- so they don't all line up at the same position.

Benton seems like he's certainly Auburn bound at this time. Auburn's also in good shape with Wooten.

With Moultry and Ignont, though Auburn leads -- watch out for Alabama. Yes, the Tide just signed a great LB class -- but they will be factors with both.

Should Auburn land all four -- that's a grand slam. Then, if you add a fifth -- let's say a Thomas Johnston from Spanish Fort (Ala.) -- well, that's the proverbial icing.

The good news: Even if Auburn misses on a Moultry or Ignont, the state is loaded. Kenney Britt, offered Saturday, is solid. Monty Rice, also offered Saturday, has the best frame of the bunch.

The bottom line: Auburn has a major need at LB -- and the Tigers have the potential for a special class.

The time to get excited is when spots start to fill. When will that happen? Maybe fairly soon.

Thanks for posting, wde. Certainly good to have some optimism on that front

Do kids ALWAYS drop in ranking if they commit to AU instead of uat?

Here you go Mikey.

Thanks for posting, wde. Certainly good to have some optimism on that front

Good report, thanks for posting. About that highlighted sentence: Alabama understands the importance of signing an outstanding LB class every year. It's hard to argue with their results on the field.

I do hope that:

A ) About four of the guys that are mentioned above end up signing with Auburn.

B ) If they do, it's the start of a continuing policy, not a one-year aberration.

Archived