Coaches T-Will & Steele already making waves w/ 2017 LB recruiting

ellitor

Why arent we going after the BIG LB's? Do we not deserve??

Auburn is so far down Dylan Moses list, they have Coach Craig & Coach Johnson as AU recruiters.

I agree get the LB's that fit with the family, but at least knock the BIG LB's doors.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn is so far down Dylan Moses list, they have Coach Craig & Coach Johnson as AU recruiters.

I agree get the LB's that fit with the family, but at least knock the BIG LB's doors.

Will Ignot is a consensus top 3 inside backer. Markail Benton is a consensus top 10 outside backer. Those are big dogs in my opinion. I'd much rather lock those 2 down than play ring around the Rosie with Moses and miss out on them or any number of guys we are recruiting, (IMO JK Britt has the best film of any kid we're currently after, total steal and should be 4*). You may disagree but given our lack of linebacker depth a couple 3* birds in hand is better than a 5* in the bush. WDE

Will Ignot is a consensus top 3 inside backer. Markail Benton is a consensus top 10 outside backer. Those are big dogs in my opinion. I'd much rather lock those 2 down than play ring around the Rosie with Moses and miss out on them or any number of guys we are recruiting, (IMO JK Britt has the best film of any kid we're currently after, total steal and should be 4*). You may disagree but given our lack of linebacker depth a couple 3* birds in hand is better than a 5* in the bush. WDE

Nice statement 44 as long as its not bigbird

Do kids ALWAYS drop in ranking if they commit to AU instead of uat?

lol. No. But it has happened a number of times.

Why arent we going after the BIG LB's?

May be as simple as CKS not wanting them overall. Not including Moses in that statement cuz nearly everyone wants him.

Good post and information!

The Benton rankings drop may be legit. He only had 32 tackles in 9 games last season. A high rated LB must do better. He had over 80 his Soph year for comparison.

The Benton rankings drop may be legit. He only had 32 tackles in 9 games last season. A high rated LB must do better. He had over 80 his Soph year for comparison.

Got hurt a little last year I think I remember my buddy telling me that.

Got hurt a little last year I think I remember my buddy telling me that.

Maybe but since he still played 9 games @ MLB he sould have had more than 3.5 tackles a game in the games he played.

Maybe I set my sights too low but I'm just looking for several good solid guys who can play within our system....not expecting 5* guys though some good 4* kids with size and speed would be nice.

AND....I'm hoping that AU does not keep playing musical chairs with the Defense coaching staff. JMO.....but some very good guys have not reached their potential at AU because each season they were working under different coaches who brought different ideas to the defensive scheme.

In general, we've wasted some very good talent...juniors and seniors who were still playing like freshmen because they were being introduced to a new defense every year...learning on the job.

Now is the time to stop the coaching carousel and let the players get comfortable with our defensive scheme...and have the opportunity to carry what they learn from one season to the next.

#1 LB Nate McBride... send a prayer that Steele and Williams can win his heart!

I would say we have less than 0% chance to sign McBride. But may be good press just to get an unofficial visit. Nonetheless AU will have a good LB class for a change. Probably 3 of Ignont, Benton, Wooten, and Moultry.

Maybe I set my sights too low but I'm just looking for several good solid guys who can play within our system....not expecting 5* guys though some good 4* kids with size and speed would be nice.

AND....I'm hoping that AU does not keep playing musical chairs with the Defense coaching staff. JMO.....but some very good guys have not reached their potential at AU because each season they were working under different coaches who brought different ideas to the defensive scheme.

In general, we've wasted some very good talent...juniors and seniors who were still playing like freshmen because they were being introduced to a new defense every year...learning on the job.

Now is the time to stop the coaching carousel and let the players get comfortable with our defensive scheme...and have the opportunity to carry what they learn from one season to the next.

Agree 100% with every point! :thumbsup:

Agree 100% with every point! :thumbsup:/>

This. I feel we have taken a step in that direction with Steele. He wants to finish his career here. His defenses will be good enough to stay around.

This defensive coaching staff will be together for at least the next 3 to 5 years. Unless McGriff gets a DC position somewhere. And Gus gets his head out of his rear.

As for the wasted talented part, agree to a degree. Didn't help that the culture of the AU D turned into being a sissy.

I would say we have less than 0% chance to sign McBride. But may be good press just to get an unofficial visit. Nonetheless AU will have a good LB class for a change. Probably 3 of Ignont, Benton, Wooten, and Moultry.

Is is just me or is anyone else MEH on this guy?

Nobody will ever sign with AU.. what a dumb post.

University of Auburn will have a good recruiting year......write it down

What? I'm just MEH on McBride. AU is going to sign it's best LBer class in 10 years in 2017. On paper anyways.

What? I'm just MEH on McBride. AU is going to sign it's best LBer class in 10 years in 2017. On paper anyways.

I was referring to my post. AU needs to sign 27 LBs

I was referring to my post. AU needs to sign 27 LBs

Like, posting in 3rd person? This post is confused.

Why are you meh on McBride, WDE? I watched his HUDL film, and he looks to have good instincts, good coverage skills, and to be making plays, generally. I haven't done an in-depth analysis comparing him to the other kids we're recruiting, or anything. Just curious what makes you meh on McBride.

Archived