Courtney Shea

Had to make a thread for this one because I feel strongly about this.

Courtney was obviously really upset after that. Came back to the dugout in tears and looked like she was saying "I'm sorry" to her teammates.

Just want to reiterate what we all know to be true: There is absolutely NOTHING to be sorry about when you put on that orange and blue and fight with everything you've got! And that's exactly what she did.

Courtney Shea took the nation's number 1 pitcher to a 3-2 count and fouled her off to stay alive I think 3 times before smoking a ground ball to second that the fielder just made a fantastic play on.

What a great season, what a great run, and what a great competitor Courtney is. Those girls love Auburn and gave it their all tonight. Coming up short on the scoreboard doesn't mean coming up short as champions. War Eagle Court, and War Eagle Auburn Softball!

Had to make a thread for this one because I feel strongly about this.

Courtney was obviously really upset after that. Came back to the dugout in tears and looked like she was saying "I'm sorry" to her teammates.

Just want to reiterate what we all know to be true: There is absolutely NOTHING to be sorry about when you put on that orange and blue and fight with everything you've got! And that's exactly what she did.

Courtney Shea took the nation's number 1 pitcher to a 3-2 count and fouled her off to stay alive I think 3 times before smoking a ground ball to second that the fielder just made a fantastic play on.

What a great season, what a great run, and what a great competitor Courtney is. Those girls love Auburn and gave it their all tonight. Coming up short on the scoreboard doesn't mean coming up short as champions. War Eagle Court, and War Eagle Auburn Softball!

Good comments . Took more on herself than was necessary . I am proud of her effort and of the team for all they did to bring excitement to Auburn .

They are all great representatives of the school . Congratulations to each one .

Scott Van Pelt

@courtneyshea93 looked like you said "I'm sorry" when it ended. After that at bat? That season? Nope. Nothing to apologize for. #WarEagle

Same goes for Emily who probably feels worse than Courtney. She had an amazing career & is the heart of the 2016 team. I hate it for here that her college career ended not on her best day.

None of these girls have anything to apologize for. They have really lifted the spirits here on the Plains at a time we needed it.

I fully agree. She fought parker off with such courage. I hate it she took it so bad on herself. I am sure these girls and coaches are showing her love.

None of these girls have anything to apologize for. They have really lifted the spirits here on the Plains at a time we needed it.

100% agree

The Shea family is a great Auburn family. Grand Dad Shea is the owner of Morris-Shea bridge company and built the foundation for the new Jumbotron. The Shea family is multiple generation football players and now softball. Congrats to Courtney and the entire Shea family. They are also the lead sponsor for one of the best youth and travel softball organizations in Alabama. The Birmingham Bolts and owners of the amazing softball complex in Irondale, Shea Stadium. I'm sure their organization will be a pipeline to AU for years so come.

I want to know one thing about Courtney. What is she saying or singing when she's batting?

I fully agree with this comment. It was a wonderful season, a joy to watch. Who can honestly say, that even 3 years ago, you would have thought they would be playing in the Championship series this year. They are by far the most improved team in the country.

The Shea family is a great Auburn family. Grand Dad Shea is the owner of Morris-Shea bridge company and built the foundation for the new Jumbotron. The Shea family is multiple generation football players and now softball. Congrats to Courtney and the entire Shea family. They are also the lead sponsor for one of the best youth and travel softball organizations in Alabama. The Birmingham Bolts and owners of the amazing softball complex in Irondale, Shea Stadium. I'm sure their organization will be a pipeline to AU for years so come.

I want to know one thing about Courtney. What is she saying or singing when she's batting?

I was trying to read lips. I'm pretty sure she was saying "you got this. You can do this" etc.

that's interesting about Shea and her family history and connection to AU. Thanks. It is also interesting the connection to one of the best travel softball organizations in Alabama, the Birmingham Bolts. Isn't that the team Corey Meyers coached when he and his dad was hired by AU?

It would be interesting to know the story behind how JJ found out about interviewing Clint Meyers for the job? There had to be some contact from the Meyers family first, or maybe even information from the Shea family who had connections to the Bolts and Corey Meyers, I assume.

I've told countless people over the course of the last two years that this program can make the rest of the programs better by leading through example. These young ladies are the perfect example of the Auburn spirit and why I chose to go to Auburn and not Clemson. There's something special around here and it bubbles up in moments like these.

She tweeted that she was singing "flawless" by Beyoncé

I fully agree with this comment. It was a wonderful season, a joy to watch. Who can honestly say, that even 3 years ago, you would have thought they would be playing in the Championship series this year. They are by far the most improved team in the country.

Forget playing in the Championship. Who would have thought 3 years ago that the Baseball/Softball forum should be renamed the "Softball forum (and baseball if you must)".

Here's hoping the baseball team improves enough that we need two separate forums.

Agree with comments about Courtney. Didn't know all that stuff about the Shea family. I remember we recruited her dad in 1987, I think, when it was thought he was a lock for bama. "Flawless?" OK, whatever works. I could see myself doing "Whole Lotta Shakin". That is, if I were about 50 years younger.

Couldn't agree more about Courtney's at bat and based on her twitter comment I think a large number of people tweeted her to tell her how proud they were of her.....I still feel bad for her. The Tigers had GREAT run this year......

• 4 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 9:25 AM, steeleagle said:

that's interesting about Shea and her family history and connection to AU. Thanks. It is also interesting the connection to one of the best travel softball organizations in Alabama, the Birmingham Bolts. Isn't that the team Corey Meyers coached when he and his dad was hired by AU?

It would be interesting to know the story behind how JJ found out about interviewing Clint Meyers for the job? There had to be some contact from the Meyers family first, or maybe even information from the Shea family who had connections to the Bolts and Corey Meyers, I assume.

Steeleagle I had wondered the same.  At the last fall softball game I sat with a family member of one of our players and asked if she knew or could say anything about just that situation.  She politely avoided answering but suggested I Google Richard Shea and read the article that was in College and Magnolia titled "Auburn Eyeing ASU's Clint Myers for Softball".  I believe it may some light on the situation.  I also found it interesting that Courtney was originally committed to Missouri.

On 6/9/2016 at 9:25 AM, steeleagle said:

JJ was handed c Coach Myers on silver platter. It wasn't hard to get him  at Auburn at all.

Archived