softball recruiting

These girls are so good they deserve their own recruiting thread. Any stud transfers or freshmen coming up the pipeline next year?

I sure hope we got some good girls coming. Look what OK did with four freshmen. The ONLY disappointment I had with this year's team was we did not adequately replace Morerro in the lineup. Pretty weak lineup at the bottom. We have out best two pitchers coming back and I heard we were getting a girl who was the top player in Alabama, though I don't know if we plan to use her as a pitcher or a hitter. It's a whole lot easier to get football recruiting news than it is for softball.

I sure hope we got some good girls coming. Look what OK did with four freshmen. The ONLY disappointment I had with this year's team was we did not adequately replace Morerro in the lineup. Pretty weak lineup at the bottom. We have out best two pitchers coming back and I heard we were getting a girl who was the top player in Alabama, though I don't know if we plan to use her as a pitcher or a hitter. It's a whole lot easier to get football recruiting news than it is for softball.

I agree. There was a stark difference between our first five hitters and the bottom of the lineup, and since we are losing the majority of players in the top part of our lineup that gives me a bit of concern for next year.

Ashlee Swindle, from Curry High School has signed with Auburn. She is Gatorade Softball Player of the Year in Alabama. A right-handed pitcher, Ashlee finished with a 45-2 record with a tiny 0.59 ERA in 2016. She also hit .557 with 13 homers and 86 RBIs.

These girls are so good they deserve their own recruiting thread. Any stud transfers or freshmen coming up the pipeline next year?

There's no ratings or anything like that to see how good a class is. Just lists going al the way through 2019. Ashley is the only pitcher in the class. Any transfers will be announced later by AU. Go to this site. Click on school. Then scroll down to Auburn. Link

There's no ratings or anything like that to see how good a class is. Just lists going al the way through 2019. Ashley is the only pitcher in the class. Any transfers will be announced later by AU. Go to this site. Click on school. Then scroll down to Auburn. Link

There are some paid sites that rate players... Below is a link to one that comes to me regularly. I read some of the free stuff but not worth it to me to buy the paid part of the site...but they rank teams and players if anyone wants to check.

http://www.flosoftball.com/rankings

There are some paid sites that rate players... Below is a link to one that comes to me regularly. I read some of the free stuff but not worth it to me to buy the paid part of the site...but they rank teams and players if anyone wants to check.

I'm not paying for rankings. I was referring to no free ranking content.

I'm not paying for rankings. I was referring to no free ranking content.

I understand...me neither.....but the site has good stuff on the free side too for those who are interested.

And some good AU props on this location: http://www.flosoftball.com/article/42435-12-reasons-why-you-can-t-stop-watching-the-wcws?utm_campaign=WCWS&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_content=Article&utm_term=12Reasonstowatch6616&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWlRnME1USTFNRFppTVdVeSIsInQiOiJQT0NhY2VQWVB5c1wveHFRa2xXT2RJMlg3b3k2UVFGaXVwMFVyTVdyUHJRdHlJU1JIUXZ1VFhHRmJBY21PSEtKd043eTFmNWNvMm8yS25vOGhKZ3Vyd3o4V214TTlDVmtLTUxwQkZRQkRaWjg9In0%3D

Like Around4ever said, Ashlee Swindle is a stud. She will be used as a pitcher primarily. She plays for the Birmingham Thunderbolts travel team. She will be the dominant pitcher that AU needs to complete the puzzle.

Funny thing is, she grew up a bammer. But, UAT did not want her because she has too many female characteristics....if you know what I mean.

Like Around4ever said, Ashlee Swindle is a stud. She will be used as a pitcher primarily. She plays for the Birmingham Thunderbolts travel team. She will be the dominant pitcher that AU needs to complete the puzzle.

Funny thing is, she grew up a bammer. But, UAT did not want her because she has too many female characteristics....if you know what I mean.

She was the team's best hitter to. If she hits like that I hope CCM lets her hit here.

you mean she is into men?

thanks for telling me about Justus Perry. You guys need to see some of the interview videos of her. Seems like a great kid, and has a cute personality. She said her parents are both police officers and they named her Justus (like Justice)...and it is interesting how she followed the Meyers at Arizona St even when she was in her early teens and had committed there first before Meyers took the AU job.

It's amazing how these connections take place when recruiting is going on...

Travel teams, national competition and even in state competition, they are seriously networked in....Faith in Coach Myers and team, plug in the slots and get us right back up there.............

The WCWS run, certainly didn't hurt the team's national profile either....That was a plucky, exciting bunch to watch play ball....Ladies will want to be a part of that. Pays off for several years down the recruiting road, imo....

Hey Gibson and Thai. My daughter plays on the AU softball team and as a AU fan, though I doubt you are in your heart, you should support and not judge any athlete that puts their efforts into bringing glory to AU. So don't be cowards behind a keyboard and when you are typing hateful comments form your trailer, just remember a kid might be reading your ignorant posts.

War Eagle.

Hey Gibson and Thai. My daughter plays on the AU softball team and as a AU fan, though I doubt you are in your heart, you should support and not judge any athlete that puts their efforts into bringing glory to AU. So don't be cowards behind a keyboard and when you are typing hateful comments form your trailer, just remember a kid might be reading your ignorant posts.

War Eagle.

WTF! I never said anything negative about any of the Auburn players. Please take your attitude somewhere else.

War Eagle.

I was a joke with no ill intent to AU or AU athletes. The other was taking a shot at Bammer. Neither post was hateful to any AU student athlete or possible student athlete.

War Eagle.

I was a joke with no ill intent to AU or AU athletes. The other was taking a shot at Bammer. Neither post was hateful to any AU student athlete or possible student athlete.

E, I think it was more a reaction to their comments about 'being into men' and another commenting on physical attributes. It was a joke, but poor ones. I think the AU parent had a right to vent (I don't think it had anything to do about the shot at Bammer), after their daughter just fought their hearts out but lost a very tough game.

SO if you your going to make jokes like that...be prepared for the reaction...

War Eagle.

E, I think it was more a reaction to their comments about 'being into men' and another commenting on physical attributes. It was a joke, but poor ones. I think the AU parent had a right to vent (I don't think it had anything to do about the shot at Bammer), after their daughter just fought their hearts out but lost a very tough game.

SO if you your going to make jokes like that...be prepared for the reaction...

Maybe but it was a shot at Bammer not AU Athletes as Bunkey thought....You know how I am about clarifying things.

I believe I read that this next class is a top 10 class. I was wondering if we might get any other transfers...will have to wait and see. Feel like you can never have enough good pictures because some of them seem to get pitched to excess. Does anyone know what the red shirt rules are and who if anyone might have qualified for that designation in the current roster

I read a bit about softball redshirts this AM. It is basically the same as any other sport. An academic soph can be a frosh athlete as an example......The NCAA site is so convoluted, we had a lot going on this AM and I didn't go much deeper.

Who those players are on our team, I don't know.....

Archived