AU signee Ashlee Swindle named USA Today S-Ball Player of the Year

If Haley is having issues with the knee, then I would think 1st might be tough with the strain from stretching out on throws

Agreed but like Turtle, when she feels she is fully back & gets the ok to be in the field you know that woman is dang sure gonna play short til she can't. She's an upgrade there defensively & she knows it. Therefore she will play short for the team.

One thing we know for sure, is that as long as Clint Myers is at Auburn, we are going to be a contender regardless of who we lose. Myers teaches the game and develops players better than any coach I've ever seen. He instills confidence in every one of them. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Draper in the lead off spot. She has the off-season to get better and being a little more consistent. It will be interesting to see what the lineup and the defensive alignment looks like. Fall ball will give us a glimpse of it. We know Cooper is at 3rd, Wallace is catching, Draper in center, Gipson in right (unless we find a better bat from our incoming class). Fagan at short if she is fully recovered from the torn ACL, or they could leave Jordan at short and put Fagan at 2nd. I won't be surprised at all to see incoming freshman Justus Perry playing 1st. Courtney Shea will continue to catch and give Wallace an occasional game off behind the plate. Fornis or Podany take the spot in left.

Is Justus the girl with a little pop in her bat?

One thing we know for sure, is that as long as Clint Myers is at Auburn, we are going to be a contender regardless of who we lose. Myers teaches the game and develops players better than any coach I've ever seen. He instills confidence in every one of them. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Draper in the lead off spot. She has the off-season to get better and being a little more consistent. It will be interesting to see what the lineup and the defensive alignment looks like. Fall ball will give us a glimpse of it. We know Cooper is at 3rd, Wallace is catching, Draper in center, Gipson in right (unless we find a better bat from our incoming class). Fagan at short if she is fully recovered from the torn ACL, or they could leave Jordan at short and put Fagan at 2nd. I won't be surprised at all to see incoming freshman Justus Perry playing 1st. Courtney Shea will continue to catch and give Wallace an occasional game off behind the plate. Fornis or Podany take the spot in left.

NO! She has a lot of pop in her bat.

Batting Ave - .560

Slugging% - 1.052

On Base % - .636

PA - 162

AB - 134

Runs - 64

Hits - 75

2B - 22

HR - 14

BB -21

SO - 7

We don't get much feedback on red shirts or stuff like that in softball but wonder if CCM has some young ladies who sat out the year awaiting the seniors to leave?

I was thinking he had a few good recruits come in last year but mostly we played the same people (except for injuries) as last year and I don't recall seeing many new faces except for the two new pitchers. Wonder what we don't know about other prospects who haven't put on a uniform yet ?

We don't get much feedback on red shirts or stuff like that in softball but wonder if CCM has some young ladies who sat out the year awaiting the seniors to leave?

I was thinking he had a few good recruits come in last year but mostly we played the same people (except for injuries) as last year and I don't recall seeing many new faces except for the two new pitchers. Wonder what we don't know about other prospects who haven't put on a uniform yet ?

There's an easy way to figure that out. Go look at the roster on the AU softball website. Then go to the stats page to see if any didn't play. Those who didn't play get a redshirt.

NO! She has a lot of pop in her bat.

Batting Ave - .560

Slugging% - 1.052

On Base % - .636

PA - 162

AB - 134

Runs - 64

Hits - 75

2B - 22

HR - 14

BB -21

SO - 7

Ashlee has just as much Pop FWIW & had more in the playoffs than JP per an article I saw last week. I would think Ashlee is a contender to DP when she is not pitching. Her season stats

Ang - .557

Slug. - .935

OB% - .578

Runs - 42

Hits - 78

Dubs - 14

HRs - 13

RBI - 86

Also Perry had 59 RBIs. My guess is she hit in front of Ashlee.

Amazing we are bringing teammate sluggers. That is some good 'cruitin

When they each committed they weren't on the same high school team. In fact, Justus is from Minnesota and played all but her senior season there. But, the interesting thing is, she did play travel ball with the Thunderbolts for a few years. She would fly down weekly to practice with the team and stayed in the area for their season.

When they each committed they weren't on the same high school team. In fact, Justus is from Minnesota and played all but her senior season there. But, the interesting thing is, she did play travel ball with the Thunderbolts for a few years. She would fly down weekly to practice with the team and stayed in the area for their season.

Interesting. I like the dedication

There's an easy way to figure that out. Go look at the roster on the AU softball website. Then go to the stats page to see if any didn't play. Those who didn't play get a redshirt.

Okay, I did that it looks like just about everyone on the roster made an appearance a few times during the season. I looked at some bios but there was no way to tell if some of these players are considered to have high upside next year.

We are losing quite a few seniors and I was just curious if there's are some surprise starters out there that we have not heard much about.

Okay, I did that it looks like just about everyone on the roster made an appearance a few times during the season. I looked at some bios but there was no way to tell if some of these players are considered to have high upside next year.

We are losing quite a few seniors and I was just curious if there's are some surprise starters out there that we have not heard much about.

There are likely only 2 fielding spots available for a surprise starter, 1st & 2nd bases. IMO Haley takes Short back. Whit moves to Right, Madi to Left. Coop, Draper, & Wallace stick at their spots.

There are likely only 2 fielding spots available for a surprise starter, 1st & 2nd bases. IMO Haley takes Short back. Whit moves to Right, Madi to Left. Coop, Draper, & Wallace stick at their spots.

Sounds about right..some big shoes to fill at first and second.

Archived