2016--The year I became a softball fan

I have never been a big fan for women's sports. This year has changed that. The frequent coverage of our games on the SEC Network allowed me to see our team and their opponents...and I am in love.

When Victoria Draper stole the two-run homer from Oklahoma, the batter's reaction was the ultimate in sportsmanship. She showed amazement, pain, respect and spunk with one smile. That is typical of what I saw out of our wonderful ladies, and among their opponents.

The pace of softball, and the timing of the game is faster than baseball and gives a thrill like a good men's college basketball game. I am really looking forward to watching many games next season.

War Damn Eagle, ladies. You showed us the meaning of the Auburn Creed.

It wasn't Victoria Draper on the HR rob, it was Tiffany Howard. Draper had the diving catch in center in the FSU game.

Welcome to the fold. And listen to the interviews........No doubt that these are student-athletes.....good representatives of Auburn in many ways.

Welcome to the fold. And listen to the interviews........No doubt that these are student-athletes.....good representatives of Auburn in many ways.

Totally. They have way more maturity in handling a disappointing final loss than Cam did (sorry to say that, but true).

Count me as a newbie Fam.

They are a great example of "For the Love of the Game"!

Archived