High School QBs signing with AU

gr82b4au

And I remember reading on this board that when Gus was hired...OC and HC...that the elite and 5* DT quarterbacks were going to be lining up to get a chance to play in this high powered offense. Just sayin.....but where they at?

he has only coached two DT QBs.

Actually 4

Cam

Khiel Frazier

Ryan Aplin (Arky St)

Nick Marshall

frazier hardly played. I have never known Alpin to be considered DT. i didn't keep up with that season though.

Aplin was not an explosive guy but he had over 100 carries each season he fully started. Frazier hardly played because he was not who Gus thought who he was as a QB when he recruited him. And Gus was his QB coach his freshmam season so he counts as a dual QB Gus coached.

You people do realize that most of the list is well before Gus right? Every QB that Gus has had did amazing things, even when he was oc, until last year. 1 year.

I was just pointing that it went back to early Tommy T years since we had a good HS starter. I regret starting this thread.

I should have also mentioned that the best years AU has had in history (other than 1 year in the 50s) have come when Gus was on the sideline as an OC or a Coach.

Let that sink in.

This has absolutely nothing to do with how successful the coaches at AU have been with high school QBs, seeing as those years came with JUCO QBs. So yes, you would've completely defeated the purpose of your original point. Surely, you had an idea on what this discussion would turn into?

Someone on another site posted a list of the high school QBs that have signed with AU over the last 20 years. I did not realize until today that Brandon Cox was the last successful QB to come to AU straight from high school. That was in 2002. Of course Sean may get it done this year so you never know, but that is a long time. Here is the list of high school QBs we signed from another site:

03- Kelcy Luke

04- Blake Fields and Calvin Booker

05- none

06- Ensminger and Caudle

07- Kodi burns

08- Trotter

09- C Mosley and Rollison

10- none

11- Frazier

12- Pike and Wallace

13- Jeremy Johnson

14- White (TBD)

15- Queen (TBD)

Of course during this time we did have the greatest college QB ever for one year and a cornerback-QB take us to national title games so not all is lost. If anything is shows that we are very good at recruiting a transfer QB.

Trotter would've been successful if he had stuck around his senior year (I think).

And I remember reading on this board that when Gus was hired...OC and HC...that the elite and 5* DT quarterbacks were going to be lining up to get a chance to play in this high powered offense. Just sayin.....but where they at?

Actually 4

Cam

Khiel Frazier

Ryan Aplin (Arky St)

Nick Marshall

frazier hardly played. I have never known Alpin to be considered DT. i didn't keep up with that season though.

Aplin was not an explosive guy but he had over 100 carries each season he fully started. Frazier hardly played because he was not who Gus thought who he was as a QB when he recruited him. And Gus was his QB coach his freshmam season so he counts as a dual QB Gus coached.

Aplin's first year E mentions was with Hugh Freese, icymi

Actually 4

Cam

Khiel Frazier

Ryan Aplin (Arky St)

Nick Marshall

Aplin's first year E mentions was with Hugh Freese, icymi

i should have said Gus only built two offenses around DT QBs. And he was 3-5 games into those seasons when he decided to focus the offense on the qb zone read.

You people do realize that most of the list is well before Gus right? Every QB that Gus has had did amazing things, even when he was oc, until last year. 1 year.

I was just pointing that it went back to early Tommy T years since we had a good HS starter. I regret starting this thread.

I should have also mentioned that the best years AU has had in history (other than 1 year in the 50s) have come when Gus was on the sideline as an OC or a Coach.

Let that sink in.

This has absolutely nothing to do with how successful the coaches at AU have been with high school coaches, seeing as those years came with JUCO QBs. So yes, you would've completely defeated the purpose of your original point. Surely, you had an idea on what this discussion would turn into?

Lol. Yep.

I'll say this again. If Gus would not go Boot's on AU and hire a good QB coach, I think the sky would be the limit for Gus's offense. But we keep getting the same ole same ole. Just like with Tub's.

Archived