Victoria Draper

My wife and I went to The Cheesecake Factory Friday night and had a chance to speak to Vicroria Draper while waiting on a table. Very sweet girl. We congratulated her and the team on the season. You could tell the fame was still new to her and humbling. It appeared the wounds of the loss were still a little tender. We didn't want to bother her too much so we kept it short. She did say, rather confidently, "We'll win it next year" as we were wrapping it up. Just thought I would share. She's a great representative of the AUFamily.

My wife and I have really taken in interest in AU softball over the last 2 years and I must say that as the season progressed, Victoria became one of our favorites. We gave her the nick-name "chicken wing" because of the way she would pump her left arm up and down prior to stepping up to bat. Love her speed, enthusiasm and hustle.

I wonder if Victoria will side into that lead off spot now?

With Howard graduating and she seems to have the same skill set for a leadoff batter and she will be a senior.

With Howard graduating and she seems to have the same skill set for a leadoff batter and she will be a senior.

That seems to be the trending guess.

More great stuff about Draper. She is a walk on still w/out any piece of an scholly that is making an impact. Most starters on P5 programs have at least a piece of a scholly. Whit Jordan is in the same boat. Hard work for those girls has been excellent.

Draper will be a Junior not a senior.

These young ladies are just epic individuals. They are a special bunch.

No doubt. Couldn't be prouder of the way they represented themselves and Auburn, if I tried. Best example of heart and effort, I've seen in a long time. Total class, roster and staff. So impressive.

No doubt. Couldn't be prouder of the way they represented themselves and Auburn, if I tried. Best example of heart and effort, I've seen in a long time. Total class, roster and staff. So impressive.

Watched numerous interviews with a good part of the team during the past couple weeks and never once cringed over mumbled answers or incomprehensible grammar. They showed great poise under some difficult questioning.

Proud of all of them as representatives of Auburn University....not just the Auburn softball team..... and they were examples of what I like to think the University is all about.

Draper will be a Junior not a senior.

Ohh.. thanks. that's right. She's a great defensive player and glad she has 2 more.

Archived