2017 4* LB Tyler Taylor

ellitor

AU has picked things up per a headline on AUC

22 Power Conference offers including 10 from the SEC

High school teammate with 5* DT signee Derrick Brown

Will have a 2 day visit with AU this weekend (June 17-18)

247 Profile

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kid looks good. It says he is a heavy GA lean but is it safe to assume that we have moved up and have a legit shot at him. We already have 2 good LB commits him and one other and despite all the groaning we will have quite a haul at LB. Hopefully Mr. Brown will talk to him.

Tyler looks like a player. Hard to understand why we were recruiting him harder, sooner. I understand he may have been lower on our want list but, OK and 10 SEC teams want the kid and we have not proven that if we focus on 4 LB's that we get the 4. Seems like we need to focus on more players so we get to the number we need to be at. He has good size too.

I would love for us to get him.

Tyler looks like a player. Hard to understand why we were recruiting him harder, sooner. I understand he may have been lower on our want list but, OK and 10 SEC teams want the kid and we have not proven that if we focus on 4 LB's that we get the 4. Seems like we need to focus on more players so we get to the number we need to be at. He has good size too.

There are a lot of good LBs in Alabama & Georgia. You can't press on all of them at the same time plus some kids move up & down the coaches' boards.

There are a lot of good LBs in Alabama & Georgia. You can't press on all of them at the same time plus some kids move up & down the coaches' boards.

I get it E, but we can certainly press on a larger number of them than we have been at an earlier date.

BTW, so glad you are spending more time on this site. It is appreciated.

I get it E, but we can certainly press on a larger number of them than we have been at an earlier date.

BTW, so glad you are spending more time on this site. It is appreciated.

Only to an extent you can. We have 2-3 LB spots left so the staff is likely only going to recruit hard their takes or close too takes.

• 5 weeks later...

Four-star LB 'loves Auburn'

Linebacker Tyler Taylor remains high on Auburn following a visit for a 7-on-7 camp Thursday.

H336lmncarp6l4axkrkw
Tyler Taylor hopes to have a final decision during September.
Rivals.com

AUBURN | Tyler Taylor was back in Auburn again Thursday for a 7-on-7 camp. The four-star linebacker from Lanier in Sugar Hill, Ga., has the Tigers among his favorites as he closes in on a final decision.

“I really love Auburn,” Taylor said. “If I committed here it would be like family. I know that for a fact. Coach T-Will is just a cool dude. He's young and he can relate. I can talk to him like a dad.”

Auburn linebacker coach Travis Williams has had a big impact on Taylor’s recruitment.

“He's just showing love. I like that a lot … and I think that's important,” Taylor said.

Taylor’s teammate, five-star defensive tackle Derrick Brown, signed with Auburn in February and the two talked during Thursday’s visit.

“He told me he's been in love with the place. Workouts, they're going to get you to the next level,” Taylor said.

Taylor, 6-foot-3 and 220 pounds, has a top six of Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and LSU. He said the Bulldogs, Sooners, AU Tigers and Tide are standing out the most.

He was planning to announce a decision before the start of his senior season but has pushed it back to before the third game.

“It's hard. Every time you go somewhere, you're like, 'OK, I really like this school.' Every school has nice programs so they're going to show you the best they have,” Taylor said.

Taylor plans to visit Alabama on July 23 and will visit Auburn, Georgia and Oklahoma again before making his final decision.

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/four-star-lb-loves-auburn-

He is the #1 LB om my board, FWIW.

heard we will take only 4 at LB. IMHO, Taylor is a true run stopping MLB which we need to beat the Bama's, Lsu's, Ga,, Ark's on the schedule.

h

Just watched his HUDL.  Looks like he loves to hit.  Definitely has the body and mentality to play MLB in the SEC.  This kid would be a great pickup for the good guys!!

FWIW my guess is this ends up an AU-OU battle unless Bama decides they want him for their last LB spot

• 3 months later...
On 11/3/2016 at 1:40 PM, AU80cruiser said:

With just one spot remaining, how close are we to getting his commitment?

There are one to two linebacker spots left. Taylor and Monty Rice are the top targets.  I am not sure how close he is to committing.

9 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I'm feeling good about this kid. 

I hope your feeling is right. I'd be happy with either he or Rice but after looking at their film....gimme Taylor.

• 3 weeks later...
On July 15, 2016 at 2:03 PM, ellitor said:

FWIW my guess is this ends up an AU-OU battle unless Bama decides they want him for their last LB spot

Still a AU-OU battle?

33 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Still a AU-OU battle?

That post was before UGA got involved. My guess is AU/UGA battle as I posted in the Rice thread. They get Rice. We get Gravy...I mean Taylor. JMO.

Archived