2017 4* LB Tyler Taylor

ellitor

12 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Is he an LSU commit now, or is there still a chance he signs with us?

He hasn't committed anywhere yet.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He hasn't committed anywhere yet.

So we are still in game? I hope he goes our way. Going to Lsu gives me a bad case of diarrhea.

he wound round a great LB class.  Epic - he would make it the best LB group ever recruited I believe.   Am I wrong?  Not talking about how they pan out, just as recruits.

11 minutes ago, Beaker said:

he wound round a great LB class.  Epic - he would make it the best LB group ever recruited I believe.   Am I wrong?  Not talking about how they pan out, just as recruits.

Rankings wise yes. There have been a number of better classes over the years. Heck Bama's current class as it is now is better.

Just now, The Plainsman said:

I beleive Benton is higher rated than Taylor so it could be an "upgrade".   E would know better. 

It could be if Benton fulfills the potential his body affords him. With his subpar Jr year & injury this year I would have Taylor rated higher though.

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

I beleive Benton is higher rated than Taylor so it could be an "upgrade".   E would know better. 

A guy with a bum knee and a history of poor work ethic will not be an upgrade over Taylor.

Just now, Mikey said:

A guy with a bum knee and a history of poor work ethic will not be an upgrade over Taylor.

If Taylor is already gone it would/could be...   I am not sure Benton ends up here anyways...  But if he does he would fill a slot.. Period.  Your the numbers guy.  ?

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If he gets healthy & starts to put some hustle behind his muscle he damn sure well can be. In terms of raw potential there aren't 5 LBs in the class inside or outside that has more potential.

3 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

If Taylor is already gone it would/could be...   I am not sure Benton ends up here anyways...  But if he does he would fill a slot.. Period.  Your the numbers guy.  ?

Mikey is Mikey and set in his ways. Once you disrespect AU, you can not ever be forgiven & are essential dead to him. He has every right to feel that way.

1 minute ago, The Plainsman said:

I am a numbers guy. However other factors such as loyalty, work habits and so forth are more important than just numbers. Numbers are only good if you are adding a quality person. If Benton is here, it's because bammer dumped him.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If he gets healthy & starts to put some hustle behind his muscle he damn sure well can be. In terms of raw potential there aren't 5 LBs in the class inside or outside that has more potential.

It was you, two years ago, that first mentioned Benton's failure to live up to his potential his jr. year. Since then it's become common knowledge. IF he gets healthy, IF he hustles....When is all this supposed to start? One Duke Williams per decade is enough for me!

I would much rather have tyler taylor but the O face monster (shout out to office space) had to ruin that one. :[

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I would much rather have tyler taylor but the O face monster had to ruin that one. :[

I hope not, we still might sign Taylor. We'll know pretty soon now...

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It was you, two years ago, that first mentioned Benton's failure to live up to his potential his jr. year. Since then it's become common knowledge. IF he gets healthy, IF he hustles....When is all this supposed to start? One Duke Williams per decade is enough for me!

Duke was very derisive to the team. We don't know that MB would be that way so I don't think it's fair to put them 2 in the same sentence.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I hope not, we still might sign Taylor. We'll know pretty soon now...

AU staff having little confidence should tell you the outcome. It's only a matter of time.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

I think there are lots of LB's with more potential, but none of the other ones are so far away from where they could be because they have put in the work.  His game film shows maybe a 2 star ranking, if being ranked at all.  I saw very little that showed he understood his position as a junior in high school.

5 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I think there are lots of LB's with more potential, but none of the other ones are so far away from where they could be because they have put in the work.  His game film shows maybe a 2 star ranking, if being ranked at all.  I saw very little that showed he understood his position as a junior in high school.

I don't know about all that. Did you see him his sophomore year? Combine his body with the terror he was that year & he has loads of potential. I saw him shred my Prattville Lions up close & personal that year.

It was like two weeks ago it appeared AU had moved to the front and  his mother was also high on Taylor coming to the Plains. Then LSU came into the picture and for Auburn everything seemed to go out of focus.

Will commit NSD morning

The decision time is in.

4-star Georgia linebacker Tyler Taylor will decide between LSU and Auburn on National Signing Day at the College Football Hall of Fame on Wednesday morning.

Taylor is down to those two programs, though a time is still not official.

Taylor is a high target for LSU, which is hoping to add a third linebacker to the 2017 recruiting class. LSU holds some confidence because of the opportunities to climb the depth chart; Auburn is also confident in its chances based on proximity to his home in Buford, Ga.

LSU recently added a major commitment from 4-star linebacker Jacob Phillips, the top-ranked inside backer in the 2017 class, who flipped from Oklahoma to the Tigers. They also hold a longtime pledge from 4-star Patrick Queen.

At the same time, LSU’s confidence in landing Mississippi 4-star Willie Gay has dwindled.

Taylor visited LSU on Jan. 13-15. He visited Auburn soon after and was close to announcing his decision soon after. Both the Auburn and LSU staff visited after those visits and then decided to cancel his final visit to Ole Miss last weekend.

Oklahoma linebackers coach Tim Kish went in-home with Taylor on Saturday, but did not seem to make the late push they expected to. This remains a battle between LSU and Auburn, with LSU as the trending pick for the standout Georgia linebacker.

Taylor’s final decision will finally arrive on Wednesday morning.

3 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

First, it was Oklahoma we were behind. Then we appeared to be in the lead. Now it appears to be LSU. We can't win for losing.

Never saw us behind OU when we really started recruiting him.

Archived