2017 4* LB Tyler Taylor

ellitor

21 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

First, it was Oklahoma we were behind. Then we appeared to be in the lead. Now it appears to be LSU. We can't win for losing.

momma likes LSU more. Which is weird since I read a article recently saying LSU is recruiting him through talking to the kid more and we are talking to her more. Not working that well as of right now haha.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Never saw us behind OU when we really started recruiting him.

That makes me feel better. Also saw a couple of AU's targets plan to announce on NSD. We nevery do well when that happens even when we have one who says he's coming, Kwanjo, or however you spell it announced and of course we all know what happened there. I was really excited about this recruiting class but not so much anymore. 

Just now, milehighfan said:

That makes me feel better. Also saw a couple of AU's targets plan to announce on NSD. We nevery do well when that happens even when we have one who says he's coming, Kwanjo, or however you spell it announced and of course we all know what happened there. I was really excited about this recruiting class but not so much anymore. 

we have got a commit on espn on signing day for like 7 or 8 years straight. What makes you think we never do well when our targets announce on NSD? that streak will be broken though since none of our targets will announce on espn. Just saying we get usually one of our targets that announce on NSD. I mean heck look at last year getting 2 blue chippers in NCM and Derrick Brown. Yes there are the heartbreaks in Cyrus K and Alan Evans son I will admit...........

If I was D recruit, I would love the talent I see on the O, makes my job more fun knowing our O can score from anywhere on the field.   I also think this class has a lot players with their heads on straight from what I have read.  Could be a super impactful class.

20 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

we have got a commit on espn on signing day for like 7 or 8 years straight. What makes you think we never do well when our targets announce on NSD? that streak will be broken though since none of our targets will announce on espn. Just saying we get usually one of our targets that announce on NSD. I mean heck look at last year getting 2 blue chippers in NCM and Derrick Brown. Yes there are the heartbreaks in Cyrus K and Alan Evans son I will admit...........

So far, Ryan Johnson has committed to Stanford, you have to feel Tyler Taylor is headed to LSU, Montravios Adams cousin is probably headed to Georgia and what should make everyone feel good about this recruiting class, that big OL turned us down for perennial national power Bowling Green. 

I was informed how inferior Auburn was to Stanford. I guess from now on when we recruit a player Stanford is after we should just drop out. As for the OL who turned us down in favor of Bowling Green, wasn't David Letterman one of their alums? That is probably a head turner right there. I am just real disappointed as to how this recruiting class is turning out. So let make have it.

5 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

So far, Ryan Johnson has committed to Stanford, you have to feel Tyler Taylor is headed to LSU, Montravios Adams cousin is probably headed to Georgia and what should make everyone feel good about this recruiting class, that big OL turned us down for perennial national power Bowling Green. 

I was informed how inferior Auburn was to Stanford. I guess from now on when we recruit a player Stanford is after we should just drop out. As for the OL who turned us down in favor of Bowling Green, wasn't David Letterman one of their alums? That is probably a head turner right there. I am just real disappointed as to how this recruiting class is turning out. So let make have it.

Ftr, we turned that big OL away.

And he was overweight and needed a redshirt Year anyway

11 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

:blink:

8 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Personally, there's no way I can be disappointed in this year's recruiting class. In fact, I've been so unconcerned that Signing Day actually snuck up on me. If all of our current recruits stay committed then I will be pleased as punch tomorrow. Combine that with some of the off season news we have recently gotten and I don't see how ANYONE can be disappointed.

7 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Personally, there's no way I can be disappointed in this year's recruiting class. In fact, I've been so unconcerned that Signing Day actually snuck up on me. If all of our current recruits stay committed then I will be pleased as punch tomorrow. Combine that with some of the off season news we have recently gotten and I don't see how ANYONE can be disappointed.

Two words... Ashley & Stidham.  I'm good with that :) and they aren't even my favorite recruit (Askew). Filling in the linebacker spot is just gravy.

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Two words... Ashley & Stidham.  I'm good with that :) and they aren't even my favorite recruit (Askew). Filling in the linebacker spot is just gravy.

We need some DEs who can get after the QB.....would have loved to see a couple options in this class to fill that roll. Overall really good class regardless. 

5 minutes ago, gravejd said:

We need some DEs who can get after the QB.....would have loved to see a couple options in this class to fill that roll. Overall really good class regardless. 

Would have been nice... still have one possibility out there, but when it's a week D-line class, you get what you can.  I still have a lot of faith in our current players to cause havoc in the backfield.

I wonder how much Twitter influences these kids. I just did a brief search for messages going to Taylor and it's 90% Oklahoma fans, 9.9% LSU fans and 1 Auburn fan that I found who was actually scolding him for having his signing at the Hall of Fame instead of at his school.

Maybe part of why we don't close well is that our fans suck and helping to seal the deal.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

I wonder how much Twitter influences these kids. I just did a brief search for messages going to Taylor and it's 90% Oklahoma fans, 9.9% LSU fans and 1 Auburn fan that I found who was actually scolding him for having his signing at the Hall of Fame instead of at his school.

Maybe part of why we don't close well is that our fans suck and helping to seal the deal.

Na. Just means our fans are not as creepy on there as they used to be.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I dunno, E... scolding a kid you don't know for not having his announcement at his high school is pretty freakin' creepy.

I see nothing wrong with fans tweeting a kid and encouraging him to come to their school. It has to make the kid feel wanted, and when it's down to 3 schools and one fan base is notably absent... that has to register, too.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Or maybe it means that Auburn fans have lost hope for a top ten recruiting class and don't care anymore. 

28 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

And who is to say that was actually an Au fan? Some opposing fanes join sites under false pretenses and are just weird.  

Good luck to the young man at LSU. I like LSU so I hope he does well, especially against alabama, but I still hope he loses every year to us for the next 4 years. 

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

I dunno, E... scolding a kid you don't know for not having his announcement at his high school is pretty freakin' creepy.

I see nothing wrong with fans tweeting a kid and encouraging him to come to their school. It has to make the kid feel wanted, and when it's down to 3 schools and one fan base is notably absent... that has to register, too.

I do. It's creepy AH. No fan should be tweeting at 16-18 year old recruits period. And my original reply was about you seeing 1 AU fan tweeting him. We usually have more than that. Was not talking about the content of the 1 AU tweet you found.

19 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Or maybe it means that Auburn fans have lost hope for a top ten recruiting class and don't care anymore. 

I think AU fans care about the class. We seem to have lost hope for this particular recruit and I can't blame anybody for moving on.

18 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

And who is to say that was actually an Au fan? Some opposing fanes join sites under false pretenses and are just weird.  

Good luck to the young man at LSU. I like LSU so I hope he does well, especially against alabama, but I still hope he loses every year to us for the next 4 years. 

Her Twitter profile said she was an AU fan.  I doubt there are many women who join twitter and claim to be a fan of another school.

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's creepy AH. No fan should be tweeting at 16-18 year old recruits period.

I gotta disagree... following a kid on twitter is creepy AH... no doubt about that, but tweeting at them about coming to your school... as long as it's not a personal message... is no different than saying War Eagle to them when you see them at a game. I know Gatewood, for one, eats that stuff up.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I gotta disagree... following a kid on twitter is creepy AH... no doubt about that, but tweeting at them about coming to your school... as long as it's not a personal message... is no different than saying War Eagle to them when you see them at a game. I know Gatewood, for one, eats that stuff up.

Following people on twitter is not creepy. That's what it's for. Tweeting anything to 16-18 year old kids without them tweeting you first is creepy as crap. I have replied to recruits when they have tweeted me  but never initiated it nor carried on a conversation.

Archived