2017 4* LB Tyler Taylor

ellitor

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

We also signed his teammate and good friend last year. May be time for people to stop making jokes about Coach O and start recruiting like him. 

no one has EVER made any jokes about his recruiting ability. he recruited lights out at ole miss and it was with his talent mainly that houston nutt was able to go to back to back cotton bowls.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

We also signed his teammate and good friend last year. May be time for people to stop making jokes about Coach O and start recruiting like him. 

O is dangerous on the trail. Always has been no matter where he has been at.  since he has came to LSU a couple of years ago he has been a problem for us. We would of got the last official visit for arden key and who knows what would of happened but he had a visit with him at his high school the day he was supposed to leave for Champ and Trob to get a crack at him and because of O he never got on the plane and committed to LSU a few days later.

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I just do not understand how we did not close on this kid. We had the last official I thought that would of sealed the deal. This will take awhile to get over. Besides Stidham so far down the stretch we are struggling to close on these elite kids. Now all our hopes fall on ryan johnson and bryant.

Some recruiting battles come down to what momma wants, momma gets. I think she wants him at LSU for earlier playing time chances.

Just now, ellitor said:

Some recruiting battles come down to what momma wants, momma gets. I think she wants him at LSU for earlier playing time chances.

I SWEAR I remember in Keiths live thread during last weekends official visits he said or inferred that she preferred Auburn. #crutin never boring.

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

O is dangerous on the trail. Always has been no matter where he has been at.  since he has came to LSU a couple of years ago he has been a problem for us. We would of got the last official visit for arden key and who knows what would of happened but he had a visit with him at his high school the day he was supposed to leave for Champ and Trob to get a crack at him and because of O he never got on the plane and committed to LSU a few days later.

Pretty sure it was at Key's home as it was a 9 or 10 hour visit & straight up kept him from OVing AU.

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

no one has EVER made any jokes about his recruiting ability. he recruited lights out at ole miss and it was with his talent mainly that houston nutt was able to go to back to back cotton bowls.

But the do make fun of his loud and raucous personality, which allows him to recruit like crazy. A lot of kids prefer the laid back approach, but I think it's good to have at least one guy with an Alpha personality like O on the staff. 

Just now, ellitor said:

Pretty sure it was at Key's home as it was a 9 or 10 hour visit.

started at the school and finished at his home I believe. Bottom line I WAS PISSED! just think how incredible our haul could of been that year. Dude is unreal off the edge.

IF Willie Gay goes to LSU maybe that will swing things back our way.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

IF Willie Gay goes to LSU maybe that will swing things back our way.

Not looking likely.

Just now, augolf1716 said:

:popcorn::popcorn: its recruiting

the stretch run has not been to kind to us this year. Mcgriff leaving put a big dent in our would be close. I keep telling myself though that I am much happier than if we would of got cj avery and hunter etc and NOT got stidham.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Not looking likely.

just got a CB there though I have no clue of the cred of the person who made it. 

4 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Feels kind'a like Kwon Alexander.:(

ughhhhhhhhhhhh dont remind me.

We need to pull out everything we can to get this guy. I would hate to lose this one. I thought I read today that LSU just flipped the #1 Middle LB that was committed to Oklahoma. Getting very tired of constantly hearing how awesome UGA and LSU are doing on the recruiting trail this year. We are a big step below this. 

34 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

We need to pull out everything we can to get this guy. I would hate to lose this one. I thought I read today that LSU just flipped the #1 Middle LB that was committed to Oklahoma. Getting very tired of constantly hearing how awesome UGA and LSU are doing on the recruiting trail this year. We are a big step below this. 

the depth chart excuse has never hurt bama and other schools when it comes to pulling top talent. We just got beat flat out if we lose this guy.

35 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

the depth chart excuse has never hurt bama and other schools when it comes to pulling top talent. We just got beat flat out if we lose this guy.

Bama will also play their youngsters if they are doing better than the vets. With Nick it's produce or processed.

44 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

So, it looks like Taylor will be heading to Baton Rouge?

Somebody did a crystal ball thing that way and a bunch of people seem to think that makes it a done deal. Me, I know nothing!

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup

I swear if I have to hear the word TRENDING 1 more time when it pertains to recruiting I WILL LOSE MY sh%t! Seems lately all keith has been saying so and so recruit is trending INSERT TEAM NOT NAMED AUBURN! haha

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I swear if I have to hear the word TRENDING 1 more time when it pertains to recruiting I WILL LOSE MY sh%t!

Then stop following recruiting then because it's the most used word in recruiting.

Just now, ellitor said:

Then stop following recruiting then because it's the most used word in recruiting.

first it was a joke (for the most part! ha) second is it? I can't remember if Jlee uses it or not. Don't have a sub there anymore.

Archived