2017 4* OG/OT Robert Hainsey

RunInRed

Robert-Hainsey_1280.jpg

Robert Hainsey, OG/OT

Bradenton, FL (IMG Academy via Pittsburgh, PA)

Ht: 6'5 | Wt: 276 | 40: 5.49

• Visited AU 4/22/16
  • Recruiter: Herb Hand
  • 20+ Offers
  • Transferred to IMG Academy after his sophomore season. He played his first two seasons for Gateway High School in Monroeville, Pennsylvania, before moving to Bradenton, Florida.

"I'm really looking for somewhere where I can get early playing time and be best prepared for the next level," Hainsey said. "I want to be where I can feel like it's home and be somewhere where I can be comfortable with my coaches."

"Some people just didn't understand why I left," Hainsey said. "They think I should stay at home because that's where I'm from, but that wasn't where I was going to reach my goals. I came [to IMG] to be the best I can possibly be and be ready to play my freshman year of college."

"I'm still looking at a couple of schools before narrowing my list," he said. "Once I do that, I'll be able to cut [the list] down and make a decision as soon as possible. I don't want to drag it out. Whenever I'm sure where I want to go, that's when I'll commit."

http://bleacherrepor...s-is-paying-off

247Sports: 4*

Rivals: 4*

Scout: 4*

Hainsey is athletic and versatile. He plays left tackle but has the feet and quickness to play guard and be effective pulling. He plays with a low pad level in the running game and fires off the ball well. He is quick with his hands and has a nice initial punch. He can also scrape a defensive lineman and get to the next level. In pass protection, he needs to work on his patience and keep from reaching. -- Brian Dohn

http://www.scout.com...lysis?year=2016

Offers: Akron, Auburn, Boston College, Duke, Florida, Georgia, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Miami (FL), Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Penn State, Pittsburgh, South Carolina, Temple, Tennessee, Virginia, Virginia Tech and West Virginia, among others.

Hudl Highlights

b032fbd63c0be354db7e60ad8d88334d_original.jpg

image.jpg

Archived