2018 4* DT Coynis Miller commits to AU!!!!

ellitor

4 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but do you think he will get on the field next season or red shirt? My guess is that he will see playing time next year giving Mr. Brown a rest here and there.  I am not sure if true freshmen on the DL in general get on the field until they are a red shirt freshman.

We have played true freshmen on the DL lately. Davidson started as a true freshman, Brown played a lot as a true freshman, big cat Bryant played a bit as a true freshman. Cowart played sparingly as a true freshman...

It's not unheard of for a freshman to come in and contribute immediately on the DL lately. 

lol schwartz is the man

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Roos said:

Any one hearing anything about Coynis? 

Turdtown beat writer said that the Turds & Vols are making a late push for him.  The reporter said he felt that Miller would not end up in the class with the good guys.

But take this for the mouth that it was coming out of....

28 minutes ago, Roos said:

Any one hearing anything about Coynis? 

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We're good

^^^^This

• Like 1

Like I said... Take it for the Turd sniffer that said it.  Glad to hear we are good with CM.  We really need him in this class.  I think we really need QW as well, but I know that is a long shot

• Like 1

Coynis tweeted that he's not doing any more interviews. I don't think he's leaving but I still hate seeing him go on these visits and wearing other teams' uniforms and stuff.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Like I said... Take it for the Turd sniffer that said it.  Glad to hear we are good with CM.  We really need him in this class.  I think we really need QW as well, but I know that is a long shot

No offense but that's why I don't even look for info from the Turds much less post it even if I happen to hear something from them.

Edited by ellitor

Just now, ellitor said:

No offense but that's why I don'y even look for info from the Turds much less post it even if I happen to hear something from them.

None taken.  Just quoting what some were saying from the other camp.  Like you, I believe about 5% of what they say and questions 95% of that 5%.

I think CRG has it under control with Miller.  I will be glad when NSD gets here and done with. Honestly, I wish they would just do away with NSD and have 2-3 days during the early signing period where recruits sign with their committed team. There are plenty days over the span of the recruiting process for recruits to visit schools and all to know where they want to go. Give each recruit a maximum of 6 schools he can visit. This is more than enough for a recruit to know where he wants to go.  Getting the recruiting process over with sooner than later is better. Just my opinion on the situation.

The process now is too much of a dog and pony show. Just get it done and over with asap!

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

I think CRG has it under control with Miller.  I will be glad when NSD gets here and done with. Honestly, I wish they would just do away with NSD and have 2-3 days during the early signing period where recruits sign with their committed team. There are plenty days over the span of the recruiting process for recruits to visit schools and all to know where they want to go. Give each recruit a maximum of 6 schools he can visit. This is more than enough for a recruit to know where he wants to go.  Getting the recruiting process over with sooner than later is better. Just my opinion on the situation.

The process now is too much of a dog and pony show. Just get it done and over with asap!

Amen to that.   Give the coaching staff time to find their tendencies, trends and fix stuff before Spring.  And I mean fix stuff.   I don't want to burn 3 games trying figure key stuff out!  

Shorten it

3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Honestly, I wish they would just do away with NSD and have 2-3 days during the early signing period where recruits sign with their committed team. There are plenty days over the span of the recruiting process for recruits to visit schools and all to know where they want to go. Give each recruit a maximum of 6 schools he can visit. This is more than enough for a recruit to know where he wants to go.  Getting the recruiting process over with sooner than later is better. Just my opinion on the situation.

Couple things wrong with this. 1. Some kids don't develop or get an opportunity to develop til their SR year. See Langham now & Willis from last year. It takes time to evaluate SR film & I don't think an early NSD only would allow well for that. 2. Some high school coaches don't let their players take visits during their season so those kids will not have time to visit schools unless they did it in the early window opening up in April. Even then it may be too early for a kid to make a choice or a team ready to commit to a prospect. Getting recruiting over sooner is not always better.

The kids & teams who need time to see how things develop should have it.

It's always going to be a dog & pony show. That's just something that has to be accepted about recruiting.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

Amen to that.   Give the coaching staff time to find their tendencies, trends and fix stuff before Spring.  And I mean fix stuff.   I don't want to burn 3 games trying figure key stuff out!  

Shorten it

That's not what the coaches would do more than they already do. They would just spend more time working on the next years class. Recruiting is a never-ending cycle.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

HE LOVES US HE REALLY DOES!!!!

• Like 3

DQoae.gif

IT IS OVER ROCKY TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET AWAY FROM OUR RECRUIT GREASEBALL PRUITT!!!!!!!!!! lol WOOOOOOOO!!!!!! WAR DAMN COYNIS MILLER!!!!

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

A good man who is true to his word. I think the rest of our commits are good as well. Just get us to NSD safe and sound. If we add some needed talent of which I am sure we will, we may bump up a notch or 2 in the recruiting rankings.

I think Hill is still good with us as well. We need all of those young men who are committed to come through on NSD along with a surprise or 2 with landing some O-linemen and maybe a LB or 2 as well.

Edited by doc4aday
  • Thanks 1

Miller is a really important get in this class. He is a real talent and should be a player.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What's going on at UT is being over-processed, IMHO. They always talk big and seldom produce. When it comes time to "show me the money" they just don't. Once upon a time they got a good player out of Opelika that we wanted, but that was more a product of the kid wanting to get away from home than it was UT actually doing something to beat AU. Pruitt is at Tennessee now, not UAT. His luck at Rotten Crotch won't be any better than was Butch Jones's, who was said to be going to get every good player around when he first started there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What's going on at UT is being over-processed, IMHO. They always talk big and seldom produce. When it comes time to "show me the money" they just don't. Once upon a time they got a good player out of Opelika that we wanted, but that was more a product of the kid wanting to get away from home than it was UT actually doing something to beat AU. Pruitt is at Tennessee now, not UAT. His luck at Rotten Crotch won't be any better than was Butch Jones's, who was said to be going to get every good player around when he first started there.

I think he is going to recruit exceptionally better than butch and even he started out recruiting pretty well. Pruitt is a elite recruiter. I personally think he is a better coach (did it away from saban) and recruiter than kirby but he will not get better results because he is not at the program that it is easier to recruit too. It will be interesting to see if he gets Quay down the stretch. But yes they always seem to run their mouth and be over zealous thinking they are getting every recruit.