2018 4* DT Coynis Miller commits to AU!!!!

ellitor

If WDE says AU is in good shape here, I wouldn't worry. He is rarely wrong on recruiting matters, good or bad.

2 hours ago, AURandy56 said:

Nothing new in there.

2 hours ago, CR said:

If WDE says AU is in good shape here, I wouldn't worry.

And this.^^^^^^

22 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Is he playing tonight or sitting this one out?

Took part in all the drills this week so I assume playing.

Edited by ellitor

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

Took part in all the drills this week so I assume plating.

Don't know if he is serving dinner or beat downs on the OL...  

• Like 1

Watching a replay of the game. In the 2nd quarter & I'm very impressed with Coynis. He's giving the man in front of him all kind of fits & what's most impressive to me is his ability to trip up & tackle a good runner like Emory Jones multiple times.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

Don't know if he is serving dinner or beat downs on the OL...  

He thought the QBs & RBs were food & wanted the OL to get out of his way for his food..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Auburn DT commit breaks down official visit plans

Auburn really wanted Coynis Miller to sign during the early signing period in December, but the Tigers weren’t going to pressure him.

The weekend before the Dec. 20 signing date, several reports surfaced suggesting Miller was taking a last-minute visit to Tennessee. Miller ended up on a visit, but not in Knoxville, Tenn. He was back at the school — Auburn — that he’s been committed to since the fall.

It’s going to take a lot for the Tigers to lose a prospect they’ve prioritized since his junior season. As badly as they wanted him to be locked in already, they’re willing to battle it out with others heading toward signing day.

“I talked to Coach [Rodney Garner], and he wanted me to sign early,” Miller said. “He was like, ‘I’m not putting any pressure on you to sign early,’ so I didn’t. I was up there. I stayed the night up there. We were just talking in the office. Coach G was like, ‘It would be nice if you could sign early. I would like that.’ I just told him I’m not enrolling early so there’s no point. … I’m not enrolling early, so I’d be signing my papers for no reason.”

Miller is the top-ranked defensive tackle in the class, so he’s a piece Auburn can’t afford to lose.

The Tigers are aware of the surrounding threats — Tennessee, Florida and Oregon. Miller will take his official visits to those three destinations. It’ll be Oregon on Jan. 19, Tennessee on Jan. 26 and Florida on Feb. 2. Auburn’s official visit will come first, this weekend.

It won’t be easy for any of the three to leapfrog Auburn.

“There were some schools who came in to offer me and some that told me to come visit. I’m just the type of person that, if you offer me, I’m going to give you some type of shot. I’ll just take some visits first,” Miller said. “Tennessee, if I go down there and love it. I’ll go back down to Florida and see what [Florida coach Dan] Mullen’s talking about. That’s about it.”

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Miller is the top-ranked defensive tackle in the class, so he’s a piece Auburn can’t afford to lose.

Is that in the whole 2018 class or AU's 2018 class?

1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

Is that in the whole 2018 class or AU's 2018 class?

AU's class. He's the #13 DT overall but should go up based on his Under Armour week performance.

Just now, ellitor said:

AU's class. He's the #13 DT overall but should go up based on his Under Armour week performance.

That is what I thought but the wording was a bit confusing.

Coynis moved up 24 spots in the final 247 only rankings of the year. He finishes in the top 100 on that site.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Correct me if I am wrong, but do you think he will get on the field next season or red shirt? My guess is that he will see playing time next year giving Mr. Brown a rest here and there.  I am not sure if true freshmen on the DL in general get on the field until they are a red shirt freshman.

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but do you think he will get on the field next season or red shirt? My guess is that he will see playing time next year giving Mr. Brown a rest here and there.  I am not sure if true freshmen on the DL in general get on the field until they are a red shirt freshman.

I don't project stuff like that but I think Newkirk plays before Coynis.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't project stuff like that but I think Newkirk plays before Coynis.

Who would you say will be the starters and backups for the DL for 2018? I know a lot of factors will be in place, but would like to see how you think it might shape up for next year.

12 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Who would you say will be the starters and backups for the DL for 2018? I know a lot of factors will be in place, but would like to see how you think it might shape up for next year.

After Russell & Brown I have no idea Doc. Not my area of expertise.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

After Russell & Brown I have no idea Doc. Not my area of expertise.

I guess as we get closer to the spring game, we should a better picture of who will be the starters and back ups for 2018.  I am really curious who will be the starter for the "Buck" position with Holland going pro.  

Doc it will depend on how Coynis comes in.  If he’s physically ready is a huge thing but the bigger thing is being able to handle Coach G’s de-recruiting coaching.  Garner also seems very high on big bodied Truesdale.  So it’s pretty crowded but Coynis could get in some games I guess.  I would say it’s about 50/50.

• Like 1

JEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS MARY AND JOSEPH!!! DO NOT SCARE ME LIKE THIS!!!!!!!! lol. Anytime I see a lot of people have commented on 1 of our commits who are not signed I hold my breath! PHEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

• Like 2

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

JEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS MARY AND JOSEPH!!! DO NOT SCARE ME LIKE THIS!!!!!!!! lol. Anytime I see a lot of people have commented on 1 of our commits who are not signed I hold my breath! PHEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Lol. Doc just wanted to talk football. Lol.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Lol. Doc just wanted to talk football. Lol.

AND THANK GOD that is all this was!!!! MUHHHHHHH bad. carry on with your x's and o's talk that is above my head! lol

• Haha 1