2018 4* DT Coynis Miller commits to AU!!!!

ellitor

On December 18, 2017 at 6:08 PM, augolf1716 said:

Except what Nike has done for the O their campus and city of Eugene suck imo

Eugene

Wow,  I love The city of Eugene.  Their campus is different, but certainly a some beautiful areas.  

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Bingo................................................

You are not at the bingo hall old man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Anyone besides me wondering about d line recruiting for 2019? We killed it in 2016, but seemed to take a step back in the last 2 classes. Coynis Miller being the exception. Someone with insider knowledge please tell me this was by design. 

Edited by twilli13

53 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Anyone besides me wondering about d line recruiting for 2019? We killed it in 2016, but seemed to take a step back in the last 2 classes. Coynis Miller being the exception. Someone with insider knowledge please tell me this was by design. 

Haven't you heard. UGA will sign everyone we want. 

• Haha 3

On 12/21/2017 at 9:53 PM, twilli13 said:

It's too soon to write off the 2017 & 2018 classes. In 2017 we signed essentially 2 Buck Ends in Big Cat & TD Moultry, who came on late this year. There have been reports of DT Truesdell making good progress as a freshman. Alec Jackson could play DT or SDE. In 2018 Newkirk is underrated as a 3* & better than Coynis IMO. He had a damn good year in juco & will be in the rotation next season. I'm really excited to see what Jibunor can do at the Buck End Spot.. Kayode has the look. Let's see how he develops. Also there is a very real possibility we sign Caleb Tannor in February as a SDE. That would be 4 4*s & a should be 4* in Newkirk in this class. Pretty damn good haul if they pan out.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

It's too soon to write off the 2017 & 2018 classes. In 2017 we signed essentially 2 Buck Ends in Big Cat & TD Moultry, who came on late this year. There have been reports of DT Truesdell making good progress as a freshman. Alec Jackson could play DT or SDE. In 2018 Newkirk is underrated as a 3* & better than Coynis IMO. He had a damn good year in juco & will be in the rotation next season. I'm really excited to see what Jibunor can do at the Buck End Spot.. Also there is a very real possibility we sign Caleb Tannor in February as a SDE. That would be 3 4*s & a should be 4* in Newkirk in this class. Pretty damn good haul if they pan out.

I dont see any sure fire nfl talent there besides maybe Moultry and Big cat(if he puts on weight). Jibunor reminds me of a slew of undersized guys at d end weve signed over the years that never panned out. I dont see any ready made true d end guys with a body type like Davidson. We need those type guys imo. As for d tackle, which is my even bigger concern, making good progress is great, but it alone aint gonna get us the sec championship back. We need dominant players to beat the murders row competition we will now be facing in amen corner annually. 

• Facepalm 2

9 hours ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Haven't you heard. UGA will sign everyone we want. 

I dont need to hear anything. I make an objective assessment by reading what actually happened. They are kicking our ass as well as many others. We need RG and company to step up like they never have right now to keep getting the nfl prospect guys at d line. 

Edited by twilli13
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

29 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

I dont need to hear anything. I make an objective assessment by reading what actually happened. They are kicking our ass as well as many others. We need RG and company to step up like they never have right now to keep getting the nfl prospect guys at d line. 

I would gladly take our DT commit over their Juco DT.

I’d say I could not possibly disagree more on the DL recruiting. Truesdell cracked the rotation as a true freshman on the best DL in the SEC. He’s going to be a stud. Moultry is a star talent. He was almost as productive as Lawson was his freshman year. Bryant looks like a true DE. With or without Holland next year, you’ll see more of both of those guys. 

This year, Newkirk is underrated. He’s going to be an instant impact guy. Jibunor looks like Dee Ford with his first step, but he’s thicker than Ford was when he first arrived. In my view, DL has been the most well-recruited position on the team for three straight years. 

Edited by mcgufcm
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

I dont see any sure fire nfl talent there besides maybe Moultry and Big cat(if he puts on weight). Jibunor reminds me of a slew of undersized guys at d end weve signed over the years that never panned out. I dont see any ready made true d end guys with a body type like Davidson. We need those type guys imo. As for d tackle, which is my even bigger concern, making good progress is great, but it alone aint gonna get us the sec championship back. We need dominant players to beat the murders row competition we will now be facing in amen corner annually. 

Watch out, these takes are coming in hot!

Only 2 sure fire NFL DEs in one class. Ugh.

Slew of undersized DEs that never panned out? Do tell. Also, do you think that our failure rate at DE is significantly higher than at other positions and at other schools?

Yeah, we need more Marlon Davidsons (and Derrick Browns). Because you can't win unless your DL is loaded with 5* guys who are NFL ready as freshmen. And goodness knows there are plenty of them to go around.

We had one of the 2 best D lines in the country this year, and we're returning all of it except maybe Jeff Holland, who we signed (along with Cowart) despite Muschamp and TRob leaving. But yeah, we really need Rodney to get it in gear. Dude's been napping. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mcgufcm said:

Holland was kind of undersized for a DE as well. 

Dee Ford too, right?

I do remember the tall, skinny kid who was supposed to be super quick but never really worked out. Can't remember his name.

But it seems like we've had at least one future 3rd-or-better rounder starting at rush end almost every season. Even Corey Lemonier survived the Chizik experiment. 

You thinking of Kennion or Thornton? Both were really tall, thin guys. Not undersized like Ford (6’2” and under 200 lbs. as a signee) or Jibunor (6’3” and around 205 lbs. right now) but thin for sure. 

Jibunor reminds me of Tuberville-era DE signees. Hyper athletic. Trading size for rush speed. He’s in the mold of Reggie Torbor or Marcus Washington or Marquis Gunn or even a guy like Antonio Coleman (who played LB in HS). And Dee Ford is the obvious comp. Ford’s first step was so good he actually played DE in an SEC game as a true freshman weighing no more than 200 pounds. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

You thinking of Kennion or Thornton? Both were really tall, thin guys. Not undersized like Ford (6’2” and under 200 lbs. as a signee) or Jibunor (6’3” and around 205 lbs. right now) but thin for sure. 

Hah! Both of them. Good call. 

Okay. So that's 2. If we think of many more then I might have to concede that point to the other guy. 

I get what he is saying.  IMO, We need a Derrick Brown or Monty Adams type (top end) recruit  every other year, and a D Russell (solid)  every year on the interior.  We do ok with the Russell but need a Brown.

In regards to Holland TD and Big Kat are above where Holland was n his first two yrs    

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

thanks.  i couldn't remember those guys names.  also those guys were recruited when the recruiting numbers were slightly more liberal and we could take a flier on a couple guys a year.  imagine if one of those guys put a little weight and mean/nasty on themselves and became all-sec ... then tubbs gets another notch in his "we coached them up" belt.

9 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

thanks.  i couldn't remember those guys names.  also those guys were recruited when the recruiting numbers were slightly more liberal and we could take a flier on a couple guys a year.  imagine if one of those guys put a little weight and mean/nasty on themselves and became all-sec ... then tubbs gets another notch in his "we coached them up" belt.

We took lowly ranked Kennion from Tubs and Cincy in 2013. Not sure what your last sentence means (in relation to the rest of the post) though. 

Edited by aujeff11

1 hour ago, twilli13 said:

My statement was a joke but I think many are making a bigger deal than it really is about UGA racking yo this year. Time will tell. I for one really like the class we're bringing in. 

1 minute ago, Jgarrett7 said:

My statement was a joke but I think many are making a bigger deal than it really is about UGA racking yo this year. Time will tell. I for one really like the class we're bringing in. 

We should all remember that UGA loses 26 seniors this year. 26. Both of their stud RBs...gone. I know Swift looks good, but they'll be playing really young next season. That's how I'm trying to look at it to take some of the sting away from their monstrous recruiting cycle this year....lol.

• Like 4