Baseball College World Series

Starts today in Omaha without a meaningful post about college baseball in the past two weeks as the SEC teams fell by the wayside to lower rated teams in most cases.

So....for those who have missed the news....despite dominating the top 15 rankings all year, and having home field advantages most of the way....by the time the first pitch is thrown the championship will be played with UF as the SEC's only representative.

Note that UC Santa Barbara who AU played early in the season will be in Omaha. They were a good looking team against AU and AU put up a good battle before the season finally caved in on us.

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d1/2016

Starts today in Omaha without a meaningful post about college baseball in the past two weeks as the SEC teams fell by the wayside to lower rated teams in most cases.

So....for those who have missed the news....despite dominating the top 15 rankings all year, and having home field advantages most of the way....by the time the first pitch is thrown the championship will be played with UF as the SEC's only representative.

Note that UC Santa Barbara who AU played early in the season will be in Omaha. They were a good looking team against AU and AU put up a good battle before the season finally caved in on us.

http://www.ncaa.com/...aseball/d1/2016

We weren't considered the dominant conference this year. The ACC was. The had a higher conference RPI & had more team make the tournament, 10 to the SEC's 7.

Also we did not play UCSB this year. We played Sac St who is no where near as good as UCSB. Not all Cali teams are the same.

Conference RPI may have been higher, but the SEC dominated the conversation with considerably more teams in the top ten throughout the season. Both wound up with the same number of teams in Omaha. I for one love the parity, something that the draft eligibility rules help. And the offense has returned without the ridiculousness of the home run derby days of the old BESR bats.

http://www.ncaa.com/...aseball/d1/2016

We weren't considered the dominant conference this year. The ACC was. The had a higher conference RPI & had more team make the tournament, 10 to the SEC's 7.

Also we did not play UCSB this year. We played Sac St who is no where near as good as UCSB. Not all Cali teams are the same.

Wait a minute...SEC had 7 teams in the USA top 11 at the end of the season......ACC had 3 on that list....and only one from SEC made it into CWS.

Yep.... I blew is on Sac State.....

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/baseball/top-25-rankings

The acc may have had a higher RPI or whatever it is, but the acc is always a second rate conference in every sport except MAYBE men's basketball. Yippie, they got 10 in the tournament, that only means that 9 of them LOST before the world series. Doubt I'll watch any of them but would love to check the scores and see Coastal Carolina win it all.

Looks like Miami will be the first one out of the CWS . Santa Barbara is handling them more easily than I would have expected leading 5–1 in the seventh. UcSB scored two runs on squeeze bunts....… Caught Miami totally out of position

Looks like Miami will be the first one out of the CWS . Santa Barbara is handling them more easily than I would have expected leading 5–1 in the seventh. UcSB scored two runs on squeeze bunts....… Caught Miami totally out of position

And the hurricanes are done ........get their barbecue and head back to South Florida.

One last comment on Miami , I was not unhappy to see them eliminated with an 0-2 record after the batflips and trash talking exhibition they put on during the conference tournament . It was a ridiculous display and if there is such a thing as, Karma,it has been visited on them.

One last comment on Miami , I was not unhappy to see them eliminated with an 0-2 record after the batflips and trash talking exhibition they put on during the conference tournament . It was a ridiculous display and if there is such a thing as, Karma,it has been visited on them.

Miami athletics has always been that way. Nothing new.

Sounds like those damn Yankees.........

Na. They just suck.

Na. They just suck.

I am not a Yankees fan but mostly it seems to me , they win or lose with class.

It is a wonder that a fight did not break out in the Boston College game.

Considering the unwritten rules and general decorum of baseball , Miami stretched things a long way . Good that they are gone.

Na. They just suck.

Considering the unwritten rules and general decorum of baseball , Miami stretched things a long way . Good that they are gone.

My post was a joke between me & Golf. Not a post to be taken seriously.

Na. They just suck.

I agree. That kind of behavior seems to go with the culture at UM. It's been that way for decades.

Na. They just suck.

That just hurts e

Na. They just suck.

So true Yankee Pride as for the u so happy they got their butts whipped

Na. They just suck.

I agree. That kind of behavior seems to go with the culture at UM. It's been that way for decades.

Agree

getting back to topic...Texas Tech defeated florida 3-2 and florida is 2 and OUT at the world series. That's a beautiful thing... I LOVE IT....

Nobody from the SEC and ACC in the finals.....who would have thought that could happen when the 64 teams were named? ..

Meanwhile, the Chants might have run themselves out of their game early on with a couple of base running mistakes.

Nobody from the SEC and ACC in the finals.....who would have thought that could happen when the 64 teams were named? ..

Meanwhile, the Chants might have run themselves out of their game early on with a couple of base running mistakes.

Right. Two bad mistakes in the 4th inning kept them behind and sort of changed the feel of the game. The first mistake, good grief! Runner on 2nd, not forced on a grounder to SS and he runs himself right into the tag at 3rd. I'd bench any 9th grader that did that. Next guy up got a hit, so one run lost right there. Another lost later in the same inning on a play that would have produced a run had the guy going from first to second had any vague idea of what was going on. Who knows????

Chants and the Red Raiders......next elimination game.....Coastal Carolina the last hope of the major underdog programs.

Pitching has dominated....time for CCU to loosen up the bats.....

Coastal Carolina wins again and advances to the bracket championship game. They have to beat TCU twice to advance to the championship series. Arizona has to beat Oklahoma State twice on the other side of the bracket to advance.

Archived