Auburn's Best Basketball Recruits Since 2000 (UPDATED: EJ Montgomery & Chuma Okeke added)

kwren34

All Time Basketball Recruits
247 ranked all prospects since 2000
Top 10 - Current/Future players are BOLD text

1. E.J. Montgomery - 5 star - #7 PF in the class of '18 
2. Austin Wiley - 5 star - #6 PF in the class of '17
3. Mustapha Heron - 5 star - #4 SF in the class of '16

4. Krovotney Barber - 4 star - #8 PF in the class of '05
5. Davion Mitchell - 4 star - #7 PG in the class of '17
6. Luke Cothron - 4 star - #9 PF in the class of '10
7. Chuma Okeke - 4 star - #11 SF in the class of '17
8. Horace Spencer - 4 star - #16 PF in the class of '15
9. Danjel Purifoy - 4 star - #12 SF in the class of '15

10. Jordan Price - 4 star - #13 SG in the class of '12

Other Current/Future players
13. T.J. Dunans - 4 star - #1 (JUCO) SG in the class of 16
15. Jared Harper - 4 star - #21 PG in the class of '16
27. New Williams - 3 star - #50 SG in the class of '15
31. Anfernee McLemore - 3 star - #48 PF in the class of '16
51. T.J. Lang - 3 star - #70 SF in the class of '14
52. Bryce Brown - 3 star - #96 SG in the class of '15

If this doesn't show people Pearl is on track IDK what will. I know there aren't many, but there are a few who are unhappy with the Pearl hire so far (from what I've gathered from this forum). Give him time. This post by Kwren is showing us the massive upgrade in talent that Pearl is bringing in and he's only been here 2.5 years!

Barber was one of my favorite players. Him, Jamison Brewer, marquis Daniels, and Bryant Smith

All solid players! Couple other recent ones ...

Kenny Gabriel was a fun watch - only auburn triple double

Porter was a blast to watch. No jump shot. His greatest value in my opinion was he raised the energy level of the other 4 when he stepped on the court - and noticably so.

On 6/25/2016 at 0:50 PM, cole256 said:

Barber was one of my favorite players. Him, Jamison Brewer, marquis Daniels, and Bryant Smith

Love me some Bryant Smith and who could forget Marquis caring us in the NCAA tourney

On 9/23/2016 at 4:14 PM, augolf1716 said:

Love me some Bryant Smith and who could forget Marquis caring us in the NCAA tourney

Marquis' NCAA Tourney run was nothing short of amazing. Him carving up that Carmelo-led 2-3 zone at Syracuse in the 2nd round was a thing of beauty. Absolutely deadly from mid-range. Daniels deserved better teammates.

20 hours ago, Tiger said:

Marquis' NCAA Tourney run was nothing short of amazing. Him carving up that Carmelo-led 2-3 zone at Syracuse in the 2nd round was a thing of beauty. Absolutely deadly from mid-range. Daniels deserved better teammates.

IIRC, Daniels scored about half of AU's points in a OT thriller in the 1st round versus St. Joe's, and then the team played stifling D against the #2 seed Wake Forest in the 2nd round. Then, in the Sweet 16 they fell behind Syracuse by several possessions in the 2nd half, only to rally furiously with a barrage of 3's in the last 2 or 3 minutes to make the score close. I think Cuse had to keep making free throws to stay ahead or something.

7 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

IIRC, Daniels scored about half of AU's points in a OT thriller in the 1st round versus St. Joe's, and then the team played stifling D against the #2 seed Wake Forest in the 2nd round. Then, in the Sweet 16 they fell behind Syracuse by several possessions in the 2nd half, only to rally furiously with a barrage of 3's in the last 2 or 3 minutes to make the score close. I think Cuse had to keep making free throws to stay ahead or something.

Yup you pretty much nailed it. Everyone in the media was railing on AU for making it into the tourney and we almost made it to the Elite 8. That St Joes team had future NBA first rounders Jameer Nelson and Delonte West, as well. That was one hell of a college backcourt -- I believe that same team either went undefeated or had 1 loss for the entire season the next year. Then followed that St Joes victory up by beating Josh Howard-led Wake Forest in the 2nd round was incredible. Unfortunately the wheels started to slowly fall off for Ellis shortly afterward and we are now just finally climbing out. 

9 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

And that Syracuse team was led by a Carmelo Anthony (you may have heard of him) and ended up winning the title that year. Daniels was one heck of a player

Archived