The Brexit Vote

AUDub

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NC1406

Is very close. As of now, remain leads with 50.2% of the vote.

http://www.bbc.com/news/politics/eu_referendum/results

And as I type this, leave is now in the lead by about 4,000 votes.

When looking at the results reported, most are surprised the remain vote is so low considering the areas that have reported. Markets are trading like the leave vote will win. My puts look pretty good right now but could get better. If the remain vote wins my losses will be limited.

Pendulum is swinging.

Looks like the fat lady is warming up and leave is going to pull it out.

http://www.bbc.com/n...erendum/results

When looking at the results reported, most are surprised the remain vote is so low considering the areas that have reported. Markets are trading like the leave vote will win. My puts look pretty good right now but could get better. If the remain vote wins my losses will be limited.

Pendulum is swinging.

Hmmm, puts may have been the play. I kinda went the "all or nothing" route.

Guest NC1406

Pendulum is swinging.

You have more money to manage than I do. 33% outright short and 66% in puts. All trades in crude oil because it's a market I know. Gave up on the stock market when it forced me out of early retirement :)

Pound is losing a ridiculous amount of value against the dollar.

I'll bet if you google the phrase dead man walking, David Cameron's mug will pop up in the results. Bet he's feeling really stupid about right now.

Guest NC1406

I'll bet if you google the phrase dead man walking, David Cameron's mug will pop up in the results. Bet he's feeling really stupid about right now.

Yep. A lesson for a conservative that is left of the constituents.

England proper has "leave" up by a million votes.

England proper has "leave" up by a million votes.

I expect Scotland to attempt secession again and succeed (secede?) this time. They're voting overwhelmingly to remain in the EU.

Pendulum is swinging.

You have more money to manage than I do. 33% outright short and 66% in puts. All trades in crude oil because it's a market I know. Gave up on the stock market when it forced me out of early retirement :)

I made quite a bit shorting oil. Lost it all shorting oil. Didn't know when to quit. I knew it was close but, I just couldn't help myself from going back one more time.

Polls were apparently off quite a bit....some speculators getting burned.....that's fine with me.

Guest NC1406

Pendulum is swinging.

You have more money to manage than I do. 33% outright short and 66% in puts. All trades in crude oil because it's a market I know. Gave up on the stock market when it forced me out of early retirement :)/>

I made quite a bit shorting oil. Lost it all shorting oil. Didn't know when to quit. I knew it was close but, I just couldn't help myself from going back one more time.

Pigs get fat hogs get slaughtered.

Polls were apparently off quite a bit....some speculators getting burned.....that's fine with me.

Brit polling is just bad. Missed it during the secession referendum last year too.

This pretty much tell's it all, or at least most of it!

Labour must change to recognise concerns about immigration, the EU and wider issues, some MPs have said.

Sunderland and South Tyneside - traditionally Labour heartlands - have voted decisively to leave the EU.

Labour Leave campaigner Kate Hoey MP told Sky News Labour supporters were "fed up of being told they're ignorant" and the party could lose its support.

This pretty much tell's it all, or at least most of it!

Labour must change to recognise concerns about immigration, the EU and wider issues, some MPs have said.

Sunderland and South Tyneside - traditionally Labour heartlands - have voted decisively to leave the EU.

Labour Leave campaigner Kate Hoey MP told Sky News Labour supporters were "fed up of being told they're ignorant" and the party could lose its support.

You're strangely excited about a country you don't live in.

Very dumb move for Britain. This will plague them far longer than it depresses our markets.

Archived