2017 softball recruiting thread (Class Signed 11/9/16)

Anyone know anything about Kennedy Ward from Mobile. I saw that she is supposed to be a 2016 signee. Do not recall her name on the list that was released last December. Plays short stop in HS. Plays for the Thunderbolts club team.

You did not see her name last November for the early signing period because she did not sign til the late signing period inMarch.

http://www.mobilechristian.org/editoruploads/files/MB%2003-21-2016.pdf

Halfway down on the right column.

• 4 months later...

Info regarding the 2018 class up on the Auburn Athletics site and the Auburn Softball Twitter site.  Stated to be the #2 class.  Good infusion of talent to go with the excellent 2017 class.

37 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

Info regarding the 2018 class up on the Auburn Athletics site and the Auburn Softball Twitter site.  Stated to be the #2 class.  Good infusion of talent to go with the excellent 2017 class.

:hellyeah:

12 hours ago, slot canyon said:

It's the 2017 class. The class year number is determined by the year players graduate high school not the year they start playing college ball. These girls graduate in May of 2017.

Edited by ellitor

Thanks E.  Wow!  Are we stocking up.  2 Power pitchers including a lefty and a ton of position players who are fast and have power.  Plus, they all play for very powerful club teams from coast to coast.  Is it me, or are we dominating the state of Alabama?

3 hours ago, saminbama said:

Thanks E.  Wow!  Are we stocking up.  2 Power pitchers including a lefty and a ton of position players who are fast and have power.  Plus, they all play for very powerful club teams from coast to coast.  Is it me, or are we dominating the state of Alabama?

Not sure where they got them but Bama had a top-10 class also so they may have done well in state as well.

• ellitor pinned this topic
  • 4 months later...

Since I've only been a fan of AU women's softball for about 3 years, I don't much the recruiting. How many players can they sign and when is signing for women's softball?

41 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Since I've only been a fan of AU women's softball for about 3 years, I don't much the recruiting. How many players can they sign and when is signing for women's softball?

Not sure there is a limit.Signings happen in November & April just like in Basketball.

• ellitor unpinned this topic
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic

Two of our recruits in this class are considered top 25 players. Taylon Snow is probably the jewel of the class. She hit .438 with 10 HRs and an .846 slugging percentage. But Livy Schiele, who plays on the same travel team as Taylon (OC Batbusters), hit .611 this season and had 35 stolen bases. I think both of these players can come in and make an immediate impact. 

• Like 1

Just now, boomstick said:

Two of our recruits in this class are considered top 25 players. Taylon Snow is probably the jewel of the class. She hit .438 with 10 HRs and an .846 slugging percentage. But Livy Schiele, who plays on the same travel team as Taylon (OC Batbusters), hit .611 this season and had 35 stolen bases. I think both of these players can come in and make an immediate impact. 

Where did you find this season's stats for them?

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Where did you find this season's stats for them?

I'll go back and see if I can find the link. It was a USA Today article. It's the only place I've seen it, and I screen capped the pages so I could keep the stats. 

Edit: Found it. It's in a slideshow. 

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/2017-american-family-insurance-all-usa-high-school-preseason-softball-team

Edited by boomstick

1 minute ago, boomstick said:

I'll go back and see if I can find the link. It was a USA Today article. It's the only place I've seen it, and I screen capped the pages so I could keep the stats. 

Sweet! & Thanks!

48 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

What happened to Kennedy Ward, the girl from Mobile Christian who signed in the 2016 class?

No clue. She hasn't tweeted anything AU related in a few month and there are no news stories about her not being in the program.

When I went to some of the fall practice sessions, I recall Ward at 3rd base in some of the drills and she looked very unsure of herself and appeared way behind the other new players.  Joyner, on the other hand appeared to give a good account of herself at SS.  I was surprised we did not see her worked in during some of the early games.  May be a long term strategy?  Guetiarrez likewise seemed to be picking up the system.  Clearly there was no need to waste her this year with a couple of very good juniors in front of her.  I agree with boomstick in that I am anxious to see Schiele as well as Snow.  Some of these gals may allow us to play more of a small ball game when required.  At times it seems to be a good approach against some of these elite pitchers.

Oh I'm not paying FloSoftball.com $30 bucks for a membership to see commit lists but I did see free articles ranking the 2017, 2018, & 2019 team classes & AU is ranked #2, #3, & #2 respectively.

Thanks for the info.  I wouldn't pay the $$ either.  with that kind of talent coming in, maybe we'll be able to look back at 2017 as "Clint's down year". 

• Like 1

Likewise.  I think that says she really wants to play, and sees little opportunity with the Snow sisters coming in, plus Nutt and Dowell, plus McCrackin and Crocker already here.  Have a great career, just don't beat us with a walkoff hit someday, OK?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Likewise.  I think that says she really wants to play, and sees little opportunity with the Snow sisters coming in, plus Nutt and Dowell, plus McCrackin and Crocker already here.  Have a great career, just don't beat us with a walkoff hit someday, OK?

Plus Veach likely moving to 3rd. 3rd & SS are Laney's natural positions.

On 5/28/2017 at 3:21 PM, boomstick said:

WOW! :Sing:

That's a girl that knows how to hit.  That's an insane hitting %

• Like 1

Nice article in Auburn Undercover (free content) from June 9 " A Different Approach: Auburn's Myers Plans Return to WCWS".  Sorry not to provide link....above my skill level.  Discusses a change in batting philosophy as well as where and how some of the new players may fit in.  

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/A-different-approach-Auburns-Myers-plans-return-to-WCWS-53102121

2 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Nice article in Auburn Undercover (free content) from June 9 " A Different Approach: Auburn's Myers Plans Return to WCWS".  Sorry not to provide link....above my skill level.  Discusses a change in batting philosophy as well as where and how some of the new players may fit in.