2017 softball recruiting thread (Class Signed 11/9/16)

Good article.  I am hoping we can prep for the future at catcher in some of the early season games.  We are solid with Carlee and Courtney but both are seniors.  Of course softball has fall ball to help but maybe they can give some PT to the young ones, at least for players they do not plan to redshirt. 

On Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 5:43 PM, AUBwins said:

Good article.  I am hoping we can prep for the future at catcher in some of the early season games.  We are solid with Carlee and Courtney but both are seniors.  Of course softball has fall ball to help but maybe they can give some PT to the young ones, at least for players they do not plan to redshirt. 

I had to open my big mouth :sad2:

7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I had to open my big mouth :sad2:

YUP! We've been looking for someone to blame, and here you came along. :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

Well at least Shea is pretty stout behind the plate as well and has experience from being an everyday player. Without looking at stats, it seems she was better at the plate as well with some timely hitting. Losing Wallace is tough but at least we are not completely green back there. 

11 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Well at least Shea is pretty stout behind the plate as well and has experience from being an everyday player. Without looking at stats, it seems she was better at the plate as well with some timely hitting. Losing Wallace is tough but at least we are not completely green back there. 

Wallace hit .333, Shea .243. Wallace is a team leader and All-SEC.  http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/w-softbl/stats/2016-2017/teamcume.html

No disrespect to Shea, but this is a monstrous loss.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Recruiting isn't over just yet. Now we have to go out and find a 5* head coach. What a HUGE blow to our womens softball program.

• 2 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:33 PM, auburn4ever said:

Recruiting isn't over just yet. Now we have to go out and find a 5* head coach. What a HUGE blow to our womens softball program.

Anyone know when signing day is for this year's class?  Very interested to see who is signed along with the position and skill mix.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...