3rd Josh Anthony update (coming to AU after all)

The Braves screwed up their signing bonus calculation & can't sign Josh after all.

@lesports 25m25 minutes ago

The Josh Anthony story takes another turn. Braves pull offer. story coming soon

@ITATJason 10m10 minutes agoAuburn, AL

Just messaged with @mlbJAye Josh Anthony. Deal apparently fell through with the Braves and once again he's planning on playing for Auburn

Well that's nice....

Well damn my heart bleeds for the Bravos

Better your heart than your wallet like some are still bleeding for that cluster of a Front Office...

Better your heart than your wallet like some are still bleeding for that cluster of a Front Office...

lol ain't that the truth bravos second favorite team after my Yanks use to have season tickets. Cluster right now felt bad for Freidi

lol ain't that the truth bravos second favorite team after my Yanks use to have season tickets. Cluster right now felt bad for Freidi

Probably a good break for Anthony....until the Bravos re-built their team....top down..he's better off at AU and a chance for another draft.

I was of the opinion that MLB has limits for each round. I didn't see how a 16th round guy could be paid a quarter million bonus, but that's not something I follow in depth. He can play here one year and if he does well he'll be a lot richer this time next season.

I was of the opinion that MLB has limits for each round. I didn't see how a 16th round guy could be paid a quarter million bonus, but that's not something I follow in depth. He can play here one year and if he does well he'll be a lot richer this time next season.

Pretty sure that once you start college a player is not eligible for the MLB draft for 3 yrs. Does not appy to JUCO.

Pretty sure that once you start college a player is not eligible for the MLB draft for 3 yrs. Does not appy to JUCO.

Must be some other kind of plan that would apply here...... he already has two years of Juco ball behind him.

The good news is that we will have him next year at the very least.

He'll be eligible for the draft again next year as he's entering AU for his junior year, after 2 seasons of JUCO.

The rule from high school is 3 years at a 4 year school or turn 21, whichever is first.

The rule from high school is 3 years at a 4 year school or turn 21, whichever is first.

Was not sure if he was HS or Juco, hence the reason for saying did not apply to Juco

Was not sure if he was HS or Juco, hence the reason for saying did not apply to Juco

He was a juco.

Archived