QB targets now...

steeleagle

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AUEngineer2016 said:

Didn't see it posted, but Stidham received his release from Baylor earlier this week, on the condition that he cannot transfer to any Big 12 school. 

Link:http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/17141917/qb-jarrett-stidham-granted-release-transfer-baylor

JMO but Stidham should be our #1 priority right now.

3 hours ago, AUEngineer2016 said:

Didn't see it posted, but Stidham received his release from Baylor earlier this week, on the condition that he cannot transfer to any Big 12 school. 

Link:http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/17141917/qb-jarrett-stidham-granted-release-transfer-baylor

Per an article a couple weeks ago he already planned to go to juco in  the 2016 season for a year.

47 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Per an article a couple weeks ago he already planned to go to juco in  the 2016 season for a year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't that have changed now that he is able to transfer to a P5 school?

10 minutes ago, AUEngineer2016 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't that have changed now that he is able to transfer to a P5 school?

It does not work that way in football.  The release just restricts who you can receive a scholarship from essentially.  Still have to sit a year at D1. He would have to walk on at Big 12 school but wait a year to play.  Like Corey Grant. The transfer works in some sports like softball.  That's how Kaylee could pitch this year when pitching at UNC last year. 

7 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

It does not work that way in football.  The release just restricts who you can receive a scholarship from essentially.  Still have to sit a year at D1. He would have to walk on at Big 12 school but wait a year to play.  Like Corey Grant. The transfer works in some sports like softball.  That's how Kaylee could pitch this year when pitching at UNC last year. 

This is correct. My bad.

2 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

JMO but Stidham should be our #1 priority right now.

Let's go get him! Nothing should be holding its back. 

9 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Could the NCAA not waive that rule given this reason for transfer? Not saying its probably, just asking if it's possible.

10 hours ago, AUEngineer2016 said:

Could the NCAA not waive that rule given this reason for transfer? Not saying its probably, just asking if it's possible.

It's possible but highly unlikely since Stidham was already in school for a year. If that was an option it probably would have been in the article you linked.

Stidham was a true freshman last year (2015) so he has a redshirt year. But I doubt this kid would want to sit for a year so JUCO seems most likely.

Archived