QB targets now...

steeleagle

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QB recruiting under Gus is causing concern. I hope he can get this figured out

Cam, Marshall, JJ, Sean White and Barrett are about as good a group of QB prospects as anybody has recruited over the past several years. I think he's got it figured out.

Cam, Marshall, JJ, Sean White and Barrett are about as good a group of QB prospects as anybody has recruited over the past several years. I think he's got it figured out.

Lol at putting Barrett and Sean White and his lone TD in the same breath as two Auburn legends. Two legends that arrived by the juco train at that.

Gus didn't find Cam. You can thank Curtis Luper for this one.

Gus did pick JFIII over Jerod Evans, though. So there's that.

(Okay, I don't know if that's how it actually went down or which one of those guys will end up being the better QB, buuuuuut...)

No one said Gus "found" Cam. Mikey said Gus "recruited" Cam. I see a difference there.

Yeah but Chiz would not have even looked at Cam had Gus not begged him too.

(Okay, I don't know if that's how it actually went down or which one of those guys will end up being the better QB, buuuuuut...)

That is how it went down. Gus makes the calls on the QBs we offer & take.

Fact is, we (typical AU fans) don't know a thing about Jerod Evans or why we didn't sign him...could be a host of reasons.

Fact is, we (typical AU fans) don't know a thing about Jerod Evans or why we didn't sign him...could be a host of reasons.

You're mostly right. We do know a few things about him, but you're right that we don't know why Auburn didn't pursue him. I did try to mitigate my comment just a bit in that direction, but you're right.

Hell judging by the A-day, we as fans don't know know why we signed JF3 either. Hopefully it's for a whole host of reasons that were not shown on A-day.

Hell judging by the A-day, we as fans don't know know why we signed JF3 either. Hopefully it's for a whole host of reasons that were not shown on A-day.

Glad you said it so I didn't have to...

No one said Gus "found" Cam. Mikey said Gus "recruited" Cam. I see a difference there.

Have to find the player first to recruit them. Cam was not on the AU radar till Luper saw Cam while watching a RB on the team.

Fact. :dunno:

Maybe because he's an athlete who should see the field somewhere .

JF3 was recruited to play QB in 2016.

Gus recruited him as QB. If Jf3 fails to make any noise at QB, does Gus deserve criticism for failing to get a QB to fit his system, or does he get a pass simply because the failed project can easily transition to another position?

Well I don't know why Kristi would lie about something like that & straight up embarrass her husband about it if it weren't true.

Well I don't know why Kristi would lie about something like that & straight up embarrass her husband about it if it weren't true.

I know its a fact. The :dunno: was on Chiz. Not you. One of the most :dunno: in the history of :dunno: .

Do you think Gus may have been holding back, just a little on JFiii during A-Day?

Hope Gus was holding a bunch back during A-Day. JF3 can run the ball. Maybe better than Marshall. But JF3's passing is not good.

Do you think Gus may have been holding back, just a little on JFiii during A-Day?

Read option wise yes. That's why they hard orange jerseys on. Throwing wise....Suire, Gus said go out there and throw off target so people will wonder why I took you.

I know its a fact. The :dunno: was on Chiz. Not you. One of the most :dunno: in the history of :dunno: .

My bad.

Read option wise yes. That's why they hard orange jerseys on. Throwing wise....Suire, Gus said go out there and throw off target so people will wonder why I took you.

Even if Gus told him to sandbag, and I knew that while watching the game, I'd still feel very worried him. I remember watching the game and seeing JF3 getting tackled hard on the sideline and going down hard. I have to wonder if he has the innate ability to avoid big hits.

Even if Gus told him to sandbag, and I knew that while watching the game, I'd still feel very worried him. I remember watching the game and seeing JF3 getting tackled hard on the sideline and going down hard. I have to wonder if he has the innate ability to avoid big hits.

Well what could get him killed is liking the hits. If you watch his film again you will see he likes to try to run over people instead of avoiding the contact. And my throwing wise statement was sarcasm trying to lighten things up a bit.

Archived