2016-17 nonconference schedule (Updated: Complete)

ellitor

Link

Oklahoma, UConn highlight Auburn hoops schedule

Following is the nonconference schedule:

Friday, Nov. 4: Montevallo (exhibition)

Friday, Nov. 11:  North Florida

Monday, Nov. 14: Georgia State (Cancun Challenge)

Thursday, Nov. 14: Eastern Kentucky (Cancun Challenge)

Tuesday, Nov. 22: Texas Tech (Cancun Challenge in, Cancun, Mexico)

Wednesday, Nov. 23:  Purdue/Utah State (Cancun Challenge in, Cancun, Mexico)

Tuesday, Nov. 29: USC-Upstate

Saturday, Dec. 3:  at UAB

Monday, Dec. 12: Boston College (Under Armour Reunion, Madison Square Garden)

Thursday, Dec. 15: Coastal Carolina

Sunday, Dec. 18: Mercer

Wednesday, Dec. 21: Oklahoma (Hall of Fame’s Birthday of Basketball, Ucasville, Conn.)

Friday, Dec. 23: at UConn

Saturday, Jan. 28: at TCU (SEC/Big 12 Challenge)

AUBURN, – Auburn’s basketball team will face a challenging nonconference schedule in the coming season, one that will include games against Oklahoma and at UConn.

The Tigers will face Texas Tech, North Florida, at UAB and a possible game against No. 12 Purdue in the Cancun Challenge, third-year head coach Bruce Pearl announced Wednesday.

Games vs. Boston College, at TCU, Coastal Carolina, Mercer and possibly Utah State are also on the 13-game non-conference schedule that includes eight 2016 postseason teams, including four that played in the NCAA Tournament.

“I’ve always believed that you schedule where you want your program to be regardless of whether it is ready or not,” said Pearl. “This is one of the toughest non-conference schedules in college basketball and our program will be challenged. But if we can manage to win a couple of games that we are not supposed to and grind out a few others, we could put our program in position to go someplace we haven’t gone in a long time, and that is postseason.”

Following an exhibition against Montevallo on Nov. 4, Auburn plays its season opener on Nov. 11 against defending Atlantic Sun champion North Florida, which played in the 2015 NCAA Tournament and 2016 NIT.

“One of our challenges in scheduling is to attract great teams to Auburn Arena,” Pearl said. “We have a great homecourt advantage, a tough place to play. This isn’t exactly fertile recruiting ground for people to come to, and historically our RPI hasn’t been very strong so we aren’t an attractive opponent. We believe times are changing.

“To be able to get a program like UConn back in our building in 2017, we think we have a chance to be a pretty good team. It gives us an opportunity to build our resume."

I see a lot of national tv exposure for our guys! Great competition too to kick off SEC play.

#InBruceITrust

Question now is: How many of these do you think will end up being winnable games from a fan sense. I know our guys are going to compete at their highest level no matter what, but what do you think we can expect out of these?

Question now is: How many of these do you think will end up being winnable games from a fan sense. I know our guys are going to compete at their highest level no matter what, but what do you think we can expect out of these?

They are all winnanle.

They are all winnanle.

hope you're right!

Archived