2017 Recruiting Thread (Updated 1/24/17)

ellitor

So how do kickers get rated? Anders, from what know, is just as good as Daniel but is only rated a 3* like Daniel was. Do kickers just not get rated any higher?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Linayus said:

So how do kickers get rated? Anders, from what know, is just as good as Daniel but is only rated a 3* like Daniel was. Do kickers just not get rated any higher?

Here is an article from 2011 about rating kickers in the recruiting process.

http://www.si.com/more-sports/2011/01/27/recruiting-kickers

Just watched Chase Lasater's highlight film.  Since I saw Keith CB him to AU...this kid is a madman on the football field.  Truly viscious.  I hope that kid comes here for sure!

2 hours ago, Tigerfinz said:

Just watched Chase Lasater's highlight film.  Since I saw Keith CB him to AU...this kid is a madman on the football field.  Truly viscious.  I hope that kid comes here for sure!

This guy is a headhunter. We need more guys like this. He is a pyscho lol but hopefully just on the football field.

This song crossed my mind while watching his highlights

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctys6HIWJl0

4 hours ago, autan said:

Are phone calls or texts allowed in dead period?

Unlimited texts both ways. Unlimited calls started by the recruit. 1 call per week started by the staff.

• 4 weeks later...

Devan Barrett was selected as the top running back in the state of Florida and Nick Brahnm was selected as the top o-guard by the Jacksonville Times-Union top 75 players in Florida...need to keep Devan in the fold....

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Might be a few misses on that list.

How do you feel about a certain RB from Tampa?

This happens every year you get to the end and good players commit and sign and board followers go ho hum! Let me assure you Ryan Johnson is a big time player and smart. If We get him it is a big get whether anybody wants to say it is a big splash or not. He is also in an area that is down in prospects of quality this year so getting him is big if it happens. Also, getting another H-back is big whether Lassiter or TJ. When Cox was hurt nobody we had played very well and clearly Pettway is not coming back to the position. If Lassiter i dont know how the no.2 rated fullback in the country is not a splash and myself i think that TJ is just as good. In fact disapointed that Steele and Twill do not think he can play LB. Lastly, never count Rodney out in recuiting and if he pulls the Big cat i would call that a splash. Those three along with a wr and a safety, dont know who, and i guess another OL will be all for us. If we pull that we will be safely in top 10 again which is where you need to be to compete in this conference and on national stage.

6 minutes ago, auol72 said:

This happens every year you get to the end and good players commit and sign and board followers go ho hum! Let me assure you Ryan Johnson is a big time player and smart. If We get him it is a big get whether anybody wants to say it is a big splash or not. He is also in an area that is down in prospects of quality this year so getting him is big if it happens. Also, getting another H-back is big whether Lassiter or TJ. When Cox was hurt nobody we had played very well and clearly Pettway is not coming back to the position. If Lassiter i dont know how the no.2 rated fullback in the country is not a splash and myself i think that TJ is just as good. In fact disapointed that Steele and Twill do not think he can play LB. Lastly, never count Rodney out in recuiting and if he pulls the Big cat i would call that a splash. Those three along with a wr and a safety, dont know who, and i guess another OL will be all for us. If we pull that we will be safely in top 10 again which is where you need to be to compete in this conference and on national stage.

Strange thread choice for this rant so I'm moving it to the 2017 recruiting thread.

31 minutes ago, aufootball1 said:

(7) enrolls and (13) hard commits, are we done? 

No.

How many can we sign? 

25. I thought I put that in 1 of the 1st 2 posts.

I would like to see a whew more DT's... WDE

We appear done at DT in this class getting Alec Jackson & Tashawn Manning enrolling.

15 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Who is the Louisville TE commit that's visiting AU?

Kemari Averett & may not visit.

17 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Also CCL is visiting a QB? Is it Gatewood or someone elsw?

VIP right now. Gotta wait til AU 247 makes it free via 1 of Keith's facebook chats or something.

Thought this worthy of a thread for info purposes - please post places you like for your recruiting day coverage (of course mods feel free to merge). ESPN assigned reporters to 16 specific schools - including Cole to Auburn with our currently #9 rated recruiting class but it's interesting to note you could apparently also "get" an ESPN reporter at your school by TV ratings factors alone - Texas (#35 recruiting class currently) got a reporter. War Eagle!

http://gridironnow.com/espn-set-on-hand-16-different-schools-national-signing-day/

Archived