JF3 in Netflix Documentary- airing 7/29

<p><p>http://www.al.com/au...art_river_index

20691924-mmmain.png[/font]

John Franklin III is in the thick of Auburn's starting quarterback race, but to get to where he is today he first had to make a pit stop in Scooba, Mississippi.

After leaving Florida State, Franklin played one season at East Mississippi Community College last fall, a program that has won three JUCO national championships in the last five years. EMCC has become known as a landing spot for many players who couldn't make it to (or stay with) FBS schools. It's also the focus of an upcoming Netflix documentary series titled "Last Chance U" set to air later this month.

Season 1 of "Last Chance U" hits Netflix July 29. Check out the trailer below.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks cool.

Also, Auburn has definitely been waiving the Last Chance U flag lately and it has worked out really well for us...2 SEC Championships and 1 National Title. I'll take it

does this say when it will be released?

Thanks for pointing that out. For some reason that part of the article didn't transfer originally. Here it is: Season 1 of "Last Chance U" hits Netflix July 29.

WDE !!!

does this say when it will be released?

Thanks for pointing that out. For some reason that part of the article didn't transfer originally. Here it is: Season 1 of "Last Chance U" hits Netflix July 29.

WDE !!!

Does this coincide with the start of fall camp? Anyone know off hand?

Other good football documentaries to watch are "Undefeated" and "Season of a Lifetime"

I know undefeated is on netflix right now but season of a liftetime is not. It may be on amazon prime but I haven't checked.

A neat little tidbit about the school in the OP is that in 2013 EMCC played Georgia Military for the championship. I know Jovon played in that game and assume Davaroe Lawrence did as well. Just thought that was worth mentioning.

• 3 weeks later...

you could say CN-III, NM-III, and of course JF-III!

9 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

It's officially available on Netflix. Yes, I waited until 2am

So how was it?

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

So how was it?

Well I just finished it and thought it was definitely worth the watch. JFIII has a long ways to go but we already knew that. My thoughts are if he turns out to be the QB that wins us 8-10 games this season then Gus and Rhett earned every penny of their salary. I'd give it 4.5 stars.

3 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Well I just finished it and thought it was definitely worth the watch. JFIII has a long ways to go but we already knew that. My thoughts are if he turns out to be the QB that wins us 8-10 games this season then Gus and Rhett earned every penny of their salary. I'd give it 4.5 stars.

Trickett gave him some nice praise. I just think JF3 is one of those players that's a gamer vs. a very good practice/drills guy. No facts to support that but Buddy and Trickett seemed to really like his skills.

Archived