JF3 in Netflix Documentary- airing 7/29

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, DAG said:

And AU went to two NC games with two Juco QBs. Neither has any direct correlation with any of the three QBs we have on the plains right now. We will have to wait, pray and hope for the best.

The point being... the previous year's outcome doesn't mean one cannot improve the following year.

Just now, StatTiger said:

The point being... the previous year's outcome doesn't mean one cannot improve the following year.

Never said they couldn't. Just pointing out stats, just like you did sir.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Never said they couldn't. Just pointing out stats, just like you did sir.

You made the comment that Auburn was "screwed" based on the QBR's from last season.

Nine of the last 10 Auburn QB's to start at least 2 seasons in a row, improved their QBR the following season.

2 minutes ago, StatTiger said:

You made the comment that Auburn was "screwed" based on the QBR's from last season.

Nine of the last 10 Auburn QB's to start at least 2 seasons in a row, improved their QBR the following season.

Yep, that would be sarcasm. Actually, that sarcasm was based on all three QBRs from last season. None of them were Tom Brady based on the stats. You cannot go anywhere but up with every single one of them. Sorry for derailing the thread guys. Back to the Netflix series.

6 minutes ago, StatTiger said:

Did it happen to be Nick Marshall who's QBR dropped in year 2?

2 minutes ago, chimesAU said:

Did it happen to be Nick Marshall who's QBR dropped in year 2?

He actually improved.

55 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

You can LOL all you want. Show me one thing that says JFIII is better than Smith at QB? One thing. You can't. Other than what you THINK. I'm not saying Smith is an option at QB, but when came in, he was better than JFIII is coming in. So JFIII throws a great deep ball...so we are back to the run the ball or heave it 50 yards downfield every pass play?  I'd love for JFIII to come in and win the job because he's that good, but anyone who is saying he has done ANYTHING to show that he can is delusional. There is just no evidence whatsoever to back up that claim.

Well ... gus used to state (I admit that I havent heard this in a while) that he wanted the offense to have 8 or so downfield passes a game to be successful.  He has always stated that he was a run first coach ... so the "back to" part of your statement isnt really accurate ... that is an integral part of his basic offensive philosophy.  One of the other reasons NM was so successful.  Wasn't just his mesh point relationship with Mason, but also his ability to get the ball waaaay down the field with accuracy.  And it wasnt necessarily the passes being successful, but the threat of it being successful.  Enter sammy coates, and that is a deadly combo.

Just in case DJ Law sounds familiar, he is the one that signed and sent his LOI to Ole Miss, Utah, and EMCC on signing day. He isn't the brightest crayon in the box to say the least. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/florida-athlete-d-j-law-signs-three-schools-021440664--ncaaf.html

15 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Just in case DJ Law sounds familiar, he is the one that signed and sent his LOI to Ole Miss, Utah, and EMCC on signing day. He isn't the brightest crayon in the box to say the least. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/florida-athlete-d-j-law-signs-three-schools-021440664--ncaaf.html

Wow. Like a few have already said, it's truly sad how poorly many of these guys have been prepared for the work force/school/ the real world. 

Still, binge watching this..there is no sugar coating...JF3 attitude is not great at all.  Hasn't been much of a factor at the QB position either. I have full support in Gus, but I hope he reigns that in. Eye opening for sure. I don't know what his plans or intention was..I do have an idea but either this is going to make him a genius or he will burn and crash.

32 minutes ago, DAG said:

Also, this coach is just a walking hypocrite..

Really? His halftime speeches are some of the best in the history of college football.

"You a-holes are playing like f@#%"

- Buddy Stevens EMCC 2015

Pure gold!!!

1 minute ago, StatTiger said:

Really? His halftime speeches are some of the best in the history of college football.

Pure gold!!!

HAHAHA move over Vince Lombardi. Honestly, this whole series has made me sick to my stomach. Just finished it and out of the whole series, I actually feel for Wyatt..kid has a really good head on his shoulders. This just goes to show the business of college football.

4 minutes ago, StatTiger said:

Pure gold!!!

Haha I was going to make a post about his halftime speeches. Classic... I'm definitely going to integrate it into my repertoire.

4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Anyone watched the show yet? Looks interesting . 

Nope. Let us all know if it's any good or not. I heard JF3 really shines.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

HAHAHA move over Vince Lombardi. Honestly, this whole series has made me sick to my stomach. Just finished it and out of the whole series, I actually feel for Wyatt..kid has a really good head on his shoulders. This just goes to show the business of college football.

Seriously speaking... This series confirms why JUCO players are a huge risk. For the most part, the players end up there for poor choices in the classroom or off the field. Some are very talented but struggle with matching it with a strong work-ethic. When you get the rare one that finally applies himself, it can be special but the majority are a major risk. The same cane be said about the coaches too. If they were great coaches, they would not be at the JUCO level. This is directed at the HC's more so than young assistants, who climb out of the JUCO ranks to coach at D1 programs.

3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Anyone watched the show yet? Looks interesting . 

Watched the entire series. Came away from it with my belief that not everyone is cut out for a college education reinforced.  Some of these kids with their backgrounds and educational achievement levels coming out of high school need to be in a vocational program someplace, not at a four year college hoping for a one in several thousand chance for a shot at the pros.

As fas as JF5?  Kid was not much of a factor at EMCC. When he was in, save for that one game against a woefully overmatched oppoent when Lashlee was there to scout him, it was...disappointing.  I do not see him as AU's QB of the future.  

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

I'm only 2 episodes in and I already feel for Wyatt. Anyone else ready to jump on the "JF3 for speed sweeps" train with me? Dude could be the next Omac if he gains about 20 lbs of muscle.

Archived