JF3 in Netflix Documentary- airing 7/29

Man guys, I just finished the entire series. 

I am starting to wonder if we didn't sign the wrong one of the two QBs. That country boy could really run their show. 

JF3 NEVER is a big deal until the very last game they play. Every other time it showed him in (besides his very 1st pass) he did horrible. I have been pulling for JF3 to win the job this season, but after watching this entire series, unless he has made SERIOUS strides in all aspects of his game, he will last about 1 game at QB in the SEC. And we will have White or Johnson under center again. That other QB said last season he backed up Chad Kelley, this season he won the starting job over the more athletic FSU transfer, yet the guy behind him gets the SEC offer. That has to suck for him... I also liked that DL who WANTED an Auburn offer, but never got one. One has to wonder if maybe he would of if he didn't miss 3 games from a concussion, or their season wasn't cut short.

I also have to say that whoever it was who said the academic advisor was horrible, I thought she did extremely well, given how some of these kids act. She truly cared, and it showed, especially in the last episode. 

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Just in case DJ Law sounds familiar, he is the one that signed and sent his LOI to Ole Miss, Utah, and EMCC on signing day. He isn't the brightest crayon in the box to say the least. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/florida-athlete-d-j-law-signs-three-schools-021440664--ncaaf.html

.....And..... He ends up at UAB....

3 minutes ago, chimesAU said:

I'm only 2 episodes in and I already feel for Wyatt. Anyone else ready to jump on the "JF3 for speed sweeps" train with me? Dude could be the next Omac if he gains about 20 lbs of muscle.

He definitely has to be on the field. Explosive with the ball in his hands. Still, I got to say that after watching this series, my attitude towards him has dampened. If I am honest with myself, I truly don't see how off of one game against a bad team, the AU staff thought he deserved a scholly...of course that is also why I am an anonymous poster on a football thread. I hope for the best.

Just now, DAG said:

He definitely has to be on the field. Explosive with the ball in his hands. Still, I got to say that after watching this series, my attitude towards him has dampened. If I am honest with myself, I truly don't see how off of one game against a bad team, the AU staff thought he deserved a scholly...of course that is also why I am an anonymous poster on a football thread. I hope for the best.

I fully agree with this statement. I feel precisely the same...

3 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I fully agree with this statement. I feel precisely the same...

Only thing i can possibly think is the fact that they knowingly pitched the idea of QB, hoping just to get him on the plains to give him the ATH role. That notion seems to contradict everything that the insiders are saying, though. Plus, JF3 was desperate for a "big" school offer.

17 minutes ago, chimesAU said:

I'm only 2 episodes in and I already feel for Wyatt. Anyone else ready to jump on the "JF3 for speed sweeps" train with me? Dude could be the next Omac if he gains about 20 lbs of muscle.

Not that we are on the same level as those at Auburn, but you and I both think he would do well in that role.

Honestly, Franklin runs his mouth a lot and does very little other than in the blowout over a pitiful team. He doesn't come across very well but in fairness I wonder how many college age students would come across well with cameras following them around. It definitely makes me listen more closely to the people that think White will be the guy for AU at QB in 2016. Obviously AU coaches saw something they liked in JF5, so maybe we will see some of both QB's?

I binge-watched four episodes.  Ms. Wagner (the academic counselor) shines as the star.  I can't imagine why some young man has not dedicated his life to being her husband.  At this point, the series makes me question JF3 as a QB.  Fortunately, I trust Gus's discretion more than mine.  Bob

The thing that ticks me off the most is the kids that blow off the chance to play college ball somewhere and still get an education. Honestly, if you are good enough the league will not overlook you. I particularly, remember a scene with JF3 and Wyatt disregarding suitors and throwing letters in the trash...made me cringe.

Yep. JF3 said UAB and Ohio had no business recruiting him. They were just wasting paper.

The thing I couldn't get over about Ms Wagner was her acting shocked and disgusted over JF3 sleeping with a girl, lol. That happens SO much at college... But maybe not in Suba, MS...

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

The thing that ticks me off the most is the kids that blow off the chance to play college ball somewhere and still get an education. Honestly, if you are good enough the league will not overlook you. I particularly, remember a scene with JF3 and Wyatt disregarding suitors and throwing letters in the trash...made me cringe.

I did the exact same thing for baseball. Blew off a lot of the smaller schools that offered me and ended up finishing my education- and paying my own way- at one of those schools that I scoffed at. Amazing how life has its way of biting you in the butt sometimes.

This documentary will not do much to help anyone's perception for JFIII. Also does not do much to help AU, makes it seem like we made a poor decision in offering him when he only played a handful of snaps and ran the score up on a terrible JUCO team after backing up a QB who didn't get any offers after the season.

JFIII even says he's glad AU offered him first because he wants to use the rest of his official visits so he can get some free vacations.

I guess he could have been putting on a show for the camera but not what you'd hope to see in someone representing AU.

I hope it was just the editing, but this did not put JFIII in a good light both on and off of the field. 

wde

Why didn't we offer the main guy? Almost certain SW will be the starter now. Is there a general consensus of what needs to happen for Gus to keep his job?

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Only thing i can possibly think is the fact that they knowingly pitched the idea of QB, hoping just to get him on the plains to give him the ATH role. That notion seems to contradict everything that the insiders are saying, though. Plus, JF3 was desperate for a "big" school offer.

Gotta agree here...i was spouting this line a while back and got slammed but after watching the program, have to wonder if Gus or RL ever really thought JF3 could come in and play QB after one spring session......and there was nothing about his JUCO performances to indicate that he could already have passed either JJ or SW.   Looking for him in speed sweep or the slot by middle of the season.

1 hour ago, BlueFrogg said:

This documentary will not do much to help anyone's perception for JFIII. Also does not do much to help AU, makes it seem like we made a poor decision in offering him when he only played a handful of snaps and ran the score up on a terrible JUCO team after backing up a QB who didn't get any offers after the season.

JFIII even says he's glad AU offered him first because he wants to use the rest of his official visits so he can get some free vacations.

I guess he could have been putting on a show for the camera but not what you'd hope to see in someone representing AU.

Quality post blue. Exactly why you are not on by block list ;D;D I kidd, I kidd. Seriously though, I love seeing so many post that are not bias and telling it like it is.

+1

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Gotta agree here...i was spouting this line a while back and got slammed but after watching the program, have to wonder if Gus or RL ever really thought JF3 could come in and play QB after one spring session......and there was nothing about his JUCO performances to indicate that he could already have passed either JJ or SW.   Looking for him in speed sweep or the slot by middle of the season.

I would be looking for that too if I felt like the kid's attitude would hold up if he isn't given the starting QB job or otherwise used extensively in some package as a QB, but I'm afraid that what will happen is he will sit in a corner somewhere are sulk while spouting off about how $%&^#@! the coaches are.   Hope I am proven incorrect in my fears. (Would absolutely love to be wrong in all regards concerning JF, but if it weren't for football getting this kid a ride to college, I would never see him as college material.)

By all accounts, JF3 has had a positive attitude since arriving.  I agree the show has not painted him on a great light, but we owe him the benefit of the doubt with regards to attitude. People grow up and sometimes changes of scenery can make the difference.

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

By all accounts, JF3 has had a positive attitude since arriving.  I agree the show has not painted him on a great light, but we owe him the benefit of the doubt with regards to attitude. People grow up and sometimes changes of scenery can make the difference.

Lord knows it helped you:-\

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

I hope it was just the editing, but this did not put JFIII in a good light both on and off of the field. 

wde

Let me first say that it has to be obvious to some by now that i am partial to JF3. I admit i like the dude and he has been real cool to me the times we have talked etc. I am not trying to make this personnal with any posters, but I feel I needa take up for JF3 with some people on here taking shots. He did everything asked of him in school on the show and was never a problem with the lady counsellor.  I am gonna say this once again about the talking bout coaches and play calling, this is something that is happening at Auburn, Alabama, and every other school in the country during every practice and game. He had a camera on him at all times. I mean come on how many of yall talk trash about your boss when he leaves the room? Also when it comes to on field ability, some of yall gonna be surprised imo. The offense they ran at the JC was a dip and dunk short intermediate route offense with hardly any read option or designed qb runs. There offense is nothing like the offense that we run. In a read option offense where the qb needs to scare the defense with his legs and be able to go deep he will be just fine. Some of yall need to chill judging a dude that had a camera on him at all times trying to catch any type of drama.

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Why didn't we offer the main guy? Almost certain SW will be the starter now. Is there a general consensus of what needs to happen for Gus to keep his job?

How r u certain about SW being starter? Cause you are wrong imo.

Golf I am with you, I obviously think JF3 gonna start. I think he gonna be a player also. You mentioned the fumbles and turnovers, I also am concerned about this with him. Coaches are teaching him to carry the ball better. 

5 hours ago, chimesAU said:

Dude come on did JF3 take your girl or something? You have been on him all day.  Feel sorry for Wyatt why?  A qb like JF3 has to be in the right system. I believe some of yall really think that we offered JF3 based solely on the 1 game Lashley watched him play in JC?? Our coaches did their homework including getting an endorsement from both his former coaches.

^Judging by this documentary, JF3 is not ready for SEC play as a starting QB. He would do great in an O-Mac/option role. Can he complete a forward pass? Can he go a season without being seriously injured?

I really wonder how many seasons Gus should get if this year is simply doomed from the start by a bad QB situation. I would LOVE to get "average" QB play--7 wins could be the floor if we did--but even that looks uncertain.

Archived