Questions & thoughts for new format

ellitor

I know whoever reformatted the site put in a lot of hard work but I have a request. On the unread content page, Announcements I have already read are at the top of the page & stay there every time I go to my unread content. That is frustrating to be honest. Can we add a tab for the announcements & only have it show up at the top of the unread content page when there is something new or modified in that section that has not been read by the user?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or if it must be on the unread content page can we move it below the actual unread content? TIA even if the answers are No.

Tons of work. Thanks. Much appreciated. All you guys do !!!

And yes, we've removed that announcement block - let me know if you see it anywhere else ... still a lot of work to do to get the site back like it was ... meanwhile ... play around a little ... lots of new features!

@ellitor

I get the impression that the forum tool was updated and now you get the pleasure of scrambling to put all of your modifications back in place?  I hate playing that game on my Wordpress sites.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I get the impression that the forum tool was updated and now you get the pleasure of scrambling to put all of your modifications back in place?  I hate playing that game on my Wordpress sites.

Something like that ;)

24 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

And yes, we've removed that announcement block - let me know if you see it anywhere else ... still a lot of work to do to get the site back like it was ... meanwhile ... play around a little ... lots of new features!

@ellitor

Thanks RIR. Already found a couple of features I like...Ironically the like button and when we paste stuff now there is a dialog box asking if we want to keep the original format or not. That's a lot easier than having to do it manually.

When everything is done can we get a post listing the new features? Thanks!

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Thanks RIR. Already found a couple of features I like...Ironically the like button and when we paste stuff now there is a dialog box asking if we want to keep the original format or not. That's a lot easier than having to do it manually.

When everything is done can we get a post listing the new features? Thanks!

Absolutely ...

It's also a lot easier to embed social media posts (e.g., twitter, instagram, etc.) by using the source button in the nav response bar.  And the notification system is on point, IMO.

24 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Absolutely ...

It's also a lot easier to embed social media posts (e.g., twitter, instagram, etc.) by using the source button in the nav response bar.  And the notification system is on point, IMO.

Well you know what my big thing is. Can we get the guys working on the site to make it so recruit highlight videos from Hudl.com are embedded & show up to play on our site like youtube videos are instead of just a link being posted. Before today we were the only major AU site where Hudl videos are not embedded to play on the transferred site.

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

How did you do it RIR? I can't get 1 to embed.

Use the source button in the editor   Which will allow you to paste in the embed code in the right format.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Type the @ sign and then someone's screen name.  A box pops up that you can click to confirm it. @ellitor

Yeah. You hit reply before I figured it out on my own & edited my post.

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Liking posts and using @ to tag users? That's some good stuff. 

Geez. We could have an internet version of Tag! Youre it! @ShocksMyBrain

4 hours ago, RunInRed said:

@ellitor

It's at the top of my notifications page still.

Archived