Questions & thoughts for new format

ellitor

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I like this little trick too. @jared52

Oh nice, @TitanTiger. I didn't get an email about that but I found that if you go to your notification settings, you can change that. 

3 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

@RunInRed, great decision to implicate this beautiful function. 

No more obscenely long quote nests either? I'm ecstatic. 

And if you click the little arrow at the top left of the quoted text, it collapses it.

2 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Fixed.

It's also at the top of all the pages in your settings or profile areas.  When you click on your name at the top right and hit those sections.

Guys I'm loving the new features especially the quote collapse and embedding hudl videos.

I'm getting all thread titles show up on my phone where they read from top to bottom instead of left to right. Is everybody's doing that? 

The content in the thread is fine and reads normally. 

9 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

It's also at the top of all the pages in your settings or profile areas.  When you click on your name at the top right and hit those sections.

Fixed

@RunInRed in the old format I had it set up where threads from the Politically Speaking section did not show up on my new content page when it had new stuff posted. I guess I ignored that forum or something. Is there a way in the new format I can do something similar to keep Politically Speaking off my unread content page?

Before I forget I love the new quote system that only quotes 1 post instead of the long strands of quotes we used to have. I'm sure mobile users will especially love that.

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@RunInRed in the old format I had it set up where threads from the Politically Speaking section did not show up on my new content page when it had new stuff posted. I guess I ignored that forum or something. Is there a way in the new format I can do something similar to keep Politically Speaking off my unread content page?

Sad, you don't want to join our "discussions" over in PS?

I also like that if I click a link it opens a new tab, as opposed to just opening the page on the same one. Can't count the number of times I've closed the tab and had to go back to the homepage. 

11 minutes ago, channonc said:

Sad, you don't want to join our "discussions" over in PS?

Don't pay enough attention to have worth while input TBH.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Don't pay enough attention to have worth while input TBH.

Neither does anyone else who posts there...

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

Fixed

It's also on top of the search page.

Also search are not bringing up results yet that I know are on the site.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's also on top of the search page.

Also search are not bringing up results yet that I know are on the site.

Fixed.

Not sure about the search results problem ... can you give us an example?

2 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Fixed.

Not sure about the search results problem ... can you give us an example?

Well I saw a Tre Shaw thread in the recruiting forum and I thought there may be another one. I went to the full search page to do the search. I filled all the criteria correctly. When I hit search it said no results found meaning it did not show the 1 thread I had already found on my own.

Also did you see my question about seeing if politically speaking can be removed from my unread content page similar tu the way I had it before the format change?

39 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well I saw a Tre Shaw thread in the recruiting forum and I thought there may be another one. I went to the full search page to do the search. I filled all the criteria correctly. When I hit search it said no results found meaning it did not show the 1 thread I had already found on my own.

Also did you see my question about seeing if politically speaking can be removed from my unread content page similar tu the way I had it before the format change?

Posts are still "Rebuilding" in the background ... once that process is complete I'll let you know and we can retest the search functionality issues you are noting.

I did see your question on PS ... I assume it's a setting feature but will have to look into it.

33 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Posts are still "Rebuilding" in the background ... once that process is complete I'll let you know and we can retest the search functionality issues you are noting.

I did see your question on PS ... I assume it's a setting feature but will have to look into it.

Thanks!

This looks really clean now. Previously on mobile, when signed in, if I clicked on a thread it would take me directly to the last post that I read (a very helpful feature on threads with many pages). It seems like that feature is lost, is there a way to bring that back? It is hard to remember what page and what post you last read within a long thread, especially if you are visiting a thread the next day. Not trying to be disrespectful or anything, just curious.

I have also noticed when I click on the >> to go to the last page, it comes up with no posts. I just have to refresh and it then shows me the last page of posts. Everything else is there (header, style, etc) but no posts. Might just be me though.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I love the new quote system that only quotes 1 post

Found another cool feature. Instead of quoting a whole post by hitting quote below the post you can quote part of a post by simply higlighting the text you want to quote as I did above and clicking "quote this". This will be especially useful to guys like Mikey & I who like to take apart a post sometimes.

So where is the ‘go to the first unread post’ button?

And why am I sent to an empty page when I click on a specific page in a thread?

23 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Are you on mobile or computer?...See Jared's last post for your 2nd question.

26 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

I don't have the second problem.  But, I don't see the "go to the first unread post" button either.  I'm on laptop computer and signed in.  That was a great feature.  Site does look awesome now though.

7 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

I don't have the second problem.  But, I don't see the "go to the first unread post" button either.  I'm on laptop computer and signed in.  That was a great feature.  Site does look awesome now though.

Go to your unread  content page. There's a link to that page on the upper right hand side of most pages. On your unread content page there will be a list of threads you have not visited or had new posts since your last visit. To the immediate left of each thread title is an orange circle or star. Click on it & it will take you to the last unread post.

Archived