2017 4* S Devon Hunter

ellitor

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AU 1 of 4 teams standing out per a 247 headline. In that article DH talked up AU the most to a national reporter FWIW.

I like his size and toughness. He doesn't have a ton of moves, doesn't seem to use his hips much, but he hits hard and runs fast in a straight line. He has played some QB, which I like as well.

11 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Any idea when he wants to commit? Now maybe...to us...please?

Taking all his OVs during the football season so around Christmas time per his words.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Man we really need va tech to start LOSING!!! I wish they could have of their patented 6-6 seasons they have had recently! I feel if they fall down the stretch we can steal this stud.

Well I 

30 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Man we really need va tech to start LOSING!!! I wish they could have of their patented 6-6 seasons they have had recently! I feel if they fall down the stretch we can steal this stud.

Not sure I agree about this. They've got a new coach, they're trying to nstall a new mentality and they probably have some momentum going right now. A few wins or losses might not make the difference here . 

22 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Well I 

Not sure I agree about this. They've got a new coach, they're trying to nstall a new mentality and they probably have some momentum going right now. A few wins or losses might not make the difference here . 

well since your not sure how can I help to get you to agree with me?! haha

2 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Well I 

This is likely correct. If the new head coach was in his third season when struggling then record may have an impact but in year 1 it likely won't. We are a serious player given he has visited Auburn 4 times after he takes his official visit to Auburn but unfortunately I just don't see him going anywhere but Virginia Tech. it would be one heck of a steal for Coach crime dog to get this one.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We are probably in his top two as well.

Isn't Va Tech going to be the biggest competition? They recruit their state very well. I know Coach Crime Dog is working this one very hard though. Love to see Hunter on the Plains.

28 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Isn't Va Tech going to be the biggest competition? They recruit their state very well. I know Coach Crime Dog is working this one very hard though. Love to see Hunter on the Plains.

Yep, that's #1 atm 

• 4 weeks later...

He is announcing his commitment on Christmas Eve he said on twitter last night.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/23/2016 at 5:09 PM, GwillMac6 said:

He is announcing his commitment on Christmas Eve he said on twitter last night.

And later said it would be the Army All America game on Jan. 7th. He has now pudhed it back to take his OVs.

AU is a major factor here. Just gotta hire a DB coach that can recruit him well and seal the deal.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

And later said it would be the Army All America game on Jan. 7th. He has now pudhed it back to take his OVs.

AU is a major factor here. Just gotta hire a DB coach that can recruit him well and seal the deal.

Lol come on man!!! "Que Chris carter voice!" This was after I posted that! I am innocent! I had no idea.

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol come on man!!! "Que Chris carter voice!" This was after I posted that! I am innocent! I had no idea.

huh?

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

huh?

Basically what I was saying is I posted that before the new intel came out about him pushing back his announcement.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Basically what I was saying is I posted that before the new intel came out about him pushing back his announcement.

I know. I was just filling in the missed gap.

Just now, ellitor said:

I know. I was just filling in the missed gap.

So basically we "may" of been leading till crime dawg left and now we have to hire at the least a great recruiter to stay somewhere close to the top with hunter?

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

So basically we "may" of been leading till crime dawg left and now we have to hire at the least a great recruiter to stay somewhere close to the top with hunter?

Maybe right but I would not necessarily see the last part that way. He has visited AU from Virginia on his parents dime 3 times. That says he is very interested in AU, the area, & the other coaches still here. I think we'll stay close regardless of who we hire. The new hire just needs to be able to hit the big shot to win it.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Maybe right but I would not necessarily see the last part that way. He has visited AU from Virginia on his parents dime 3 times. That says he is very interested in AU, the area, & the other coaches still here. I think we'll stay close regardless of who we hire. The new hire just needs to be able to hit the big shot to win it.

just humor me here not that it matters now BUT in your opinion do you think if crime dawg was still on staff that he could close on hunter and it would be the big fish he finally would land?

Archived