OT: Member Re-Engagement Drive

RunInRed

One thing I noticed during the Forum upgrade is we have a lot of friends who have not been active in some time.  With the season about to get underway, now is a good time to get everyone back on the bus (no pun intended!).  

THE ASK: Reach out to your AU friends and ask them to hop back on board! Let's make AUFAMILY great again [sorry, couldn't resist] ...

Thanks in advance for your support in making this the best and most vibrant AU board in all the land. 

:wareagle:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 1TexasTiger said:

Maybe cleaning up some of the back and forth non sense would help. 

Nope. That happens on every message board.

I'm talking about the senseless bashing. What I've like about this board in the past was that I didn't have to deal with that. Disagreements are one thing but some of the bs gets old.  

16 minutes ago, 1TexasTiger said:

I'm talking about the senseless bashing. What I've like about this board in the past was that I didn't have to deal with that. Disagreements are one thing but some of the bs gets old.  

Most of the bashing I have seen A mod has addressed it and all parties in the conversation stopped in most cases....Trust me. It's netter than what goes on at other AU sites IMO.

I figure that as soon as the first football game gets under way we will see a great number of folks posting negative comments on almost a play by play basis.  I always amazed at the number of posters that I'm not familiar with who flock to the board to criticize the coaches or the team.   

But as noticed by RR, some of the better posters to this site seem to have taken the summer off.  Looking forward to having their entertaining and well thought out views when they are back on the forum.

Been lurking, but hoping to get more involved. Youngest starts Soph year next month. We currently live up in No. VA, so depend on you guys for the inside scoop. WDE!

I'm here.  I just got a little burned out and bored with some of the negativity and arguing. But I know after the first fall practice, I'll be anxious for some fruit pics. :Sing:

On July 12, 2016 at 9:18 PM, RMillander said:

Been lurking, but hoping to get more involved. Youngest starts Soph year next month. We currently live up in No. VA, so depend on you guys for the inside scoop. WDE!

Welcome to th board! I, too, live in NOVA and have been a long-time member here. You'll enjoy the discussions we have here. 

At the risk of going down memory lane ... I'll throw some names out which I haven't seen in awhile ...

Where you guys and gals at? :big:

On 7/12/2016 at 9:18 PM, RMillander said:

Welcome! :cheers:

15 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Ole SouthLink, yup, aint seen here around in many a moon.

He was always a hoot.

According to his profile, he is in AUraptor's basement. Raptor has some splaining to do..

Don't visit or post as often as I did on the old Auburn Eagle.  There are those who seem to attack or turn the conversation negative on just about every topic.  It just gets old fast.  Maybe those gloom and doom posters could pledge to stay off the board for a week after we beat Clemson, that would be nice.  By the way, what happened to my old Auburn Eagle orange and blue screen?

1 hour ago, im4aual said:

Don't visit or post as often as I did on the old Auburn Eagle.  There are those who seem to attack or turn the conversation negative on just about every topic.  It just gets old fast.  Maybe those gloom and doom posters could pledge to stay off the board for a week after we beat Clemson, that would be nice.  By the way, what happened to my old Auburn Eagle orange and blue screen?

It "migrated" during the latest software upgrade.  We're planning to have it as a future skin option though if there is a enough interest ...

2 hours ago, RunInRed said:

It "migrated" during the latest software upgrade.  We're planning to have it as a future skin option though if there is a enough interest ...

Is there a formal way to express interest?

I also haven't posted in a long time, and have certainly been turned off by some of the negative posters (supposed insiders as well). I have been reading anonymously for the past year, but decided to log back on after RIR reset my password. I would also like the option of the blue background.

I like the blue also.  Can it work with mobile also on the new setup? :believe:

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I like the blue also.  Can it work with mobile also on the new setup? :believe:

Seems to me the simplest thing to do is for someone to start a We Want Blue thread so it gets more eyes on it for those who want Blue & RIR see whatever that demand may be.

2 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

Where do you enter your gender and location at in your user name?

Edit your Profile ...

Top Navigation Bar > Drop down arrow next to your Display Name > Profile > Edit Profile

Archived