OT: Member Re-Engagement Drive

RunInRed

Turmoil on the plains from the past few seasons coupled with some not so nice individuals on here drove me away. The sky high expectations from last year to making the b'ham bowl depressed the heck out of me. I have faith that the team will turn things around but I'm tempering my expectations. I love these forums, because they give great info and have a family atmosphere for the most part.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 9:37 PM, trout54 said:

sorry.   not sure who it is, but I don't believe it to be Donna REED.  she was my grandmother, and that doesn't look like her to me.  Sorry to derail the thread.

Your grandmother was a beautiful lady. Sorry about the spelling Reid for Reed. Did not mean to derail the thread. I think I have seen this pic before when you made other posts. Anyhow, the excitement and anticipation for the 2016 season to begin. It has been a long time since the last snap of the football in the Memphis game. If we can get JJ on the same page that he showed us during the bowl game, good things may very well coming to the Plains for 2016!

Are you saying that Donna Reed was your grandmother?

step grandmother, yes.  she married my father's father in 1972. she really was everything we all saw on the donna reed show.  one of the sweetest people you would ever meet.

Had things pick up at work and now have much less time to spend here. Hopefully I'll make time once the season starts, and we find enough success on the field to shut down all the negativity. This new format is gonna take getting used to.  

18 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Your grandmother was a beautiful lady. Sorry about the spelling Reid for Reed. Did not mean to derail the thread. I think I have seen this pic before when you made other posts. Anyhow, the excitement and anticipation for the 2016 season to begin. It has been a long time since the last snap of the football in the Memphis game. If we can get JJ on the same page that he showed us during the bowl game, good things may very well coming to the Plains for 2016!

Are you saying that Donna Reed was your grandmother?

Just wanted to say - doc4aday I LOVE YOUR CORGI pic.  Miss my sweet Corgi every single day but just don't think I'm up to breaking in another one.  

15 hours ago, trout54 said:

step grandmother, yes.  she married my father's father in 1972. she really was everything we all saw on the donna reed show.  one of the sweetest people you would ever meet.

Let's see if I'm getting this right your saying Donna Reed was your step grandmother? 

On July 26, 2016 at 3:18 PM, doc4aday said:

Is Donna Reid the lady in your picture? I loved to watch that show when I was a kid. The Patty Duke show was entertaining as well. DirecTV needs to have a channel that shows all of the 50s and  60s shows. I would pay $25.00 more per month to watch those shows.

I try hard to be positive in that this is how I live my life.  I am in the Sunshine Pumper Hall of Fame!

Doc, that is my mother. I put that picture as my profile to honor her.  She passed in 2009 of pulmonary fibrosis. The picture is from when she was Miss Auburn in 1951, I think.  Thanks for asking.  And keep on being a sunshine pumper! You live a happier life that way!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey old friends! I still check in from time to time, but I now have two little tigers of my own! Mack 2.5 and John Pat 4.5 months consume my daily life outside of work! I was just talking with my husband this week about how I don't get on the boards as much anymore! I miss it. Don't kick me out! Once life settles down I will be back! Thanks for thinking of me! BTW, we moved back to Auburn a couple months ago! It's wonderful being back on the loveliest village!

On August 8, 2016 at 5:25 PM, AUTigerCourt said:

Hey old friends! I still check in from time to time, but I now have two little tigers of my own! Mack 2.5 and John Pat 4.5 months consume my daily life outside of work! I was just talking with my husband this week about how I don't get on the boards as much anymore! I miss it. Don't kick me out! Once life settles down I will be back! Thanks for thinking of me! BTW, we moved back to Auburn a couple months ago! It's wonderful being back on the loveliest village!

Congrats on the growing family! Hope to see you around ...

Archived