New LB targets potentially emerging

ellitor

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Two-new-linebacker-targets-for-Auburn--46258994

Two new linebacker targets for Auburn

29_4416227.jpg
(Photo: 247Sports)

Linebacker Ellis Brooks (Richmond, Va./Benedictine) and Akileis Leroy (Leesburg, Ga./Lee County) are both starting to draw high interest as potential offer guys from Auburn.

Brooks camped at Auburn Thursday.

Per his father, Keith Brooks, the experience went well.

Brooks said Auburn linebackers coach Kevin Steele said they will be in touch going forward.

"Coach Steele said he liked Ellis a lot and that he was very explosive," Brooks said. "He said he will get with us soon about offering." 

Brooks, a former Duke commit who has 18 offers, lists high interest in Maryland and Michigan among his verbal tenders.

Per his father, Auburn would be heavily considered if they were to offer.

Brooks will camp at Georgia this afternoon and will visit Alabama Monday.

Brooks, a four-star recruit, is ranked as the nation's No. 14 inside linebacker and the No. 14 prospect in Virginia in the 2017 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.

Leroy, a hidden gem in south Georgia, literally hit the scene earlier this week. He picked up his first offer Tuesday night from LSU.

Central Michigan and Middle Tennessee State has since offered.

Duke, Florida and Troy are showing interest.

Leroy will camp at Auburn this afternoon who also showed interest this week.

He will camp at Troy tomorrow.

As a junior, Leroy (6-0, 235) racked up 105 tackles, 15 tackles for loss, 12 sacks, five forced fumbles and six fumble recoveries.

The three-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 61 inside linebacker and the No. 130 prospect in Georgia in the 2017 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.

Leroy also won the state shot put with a toss of 58 feet.

He holds a 3.9 GPA and bench presses 405 pounds as a rising senior.

Probably would have to miss on a couple guys. But this is worth watching.

Auburn could use this as leverage on other guys.

Tigers would like to have LB spots filled by end of August.

Input from Keith

8 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

Miss on who?? Britt, Taylor, & Ingot or someone else ?

yes, yes, yes, Jimmy Hoffa

But...but....but.... A couple of months ago when a list of 9 LB prospects was posted and some said 9 wasn't casting a big enough net, those doubters got shouted down. Now we're casting a bigger net because, well, 9 wasn't enough. 11 may not be enough either, the way our luck with LB recruiting has gone. However this is good news as 11 is certainly more than nine.

38 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

Miss on who?? Britt, Taylor, & Ingot or someone else ?

3 of the 4 of them & Monty Rice.

1 minute ago, mcgufcm said:

I bet we land two of those four. 

Agreed. 2 of 5 if UGA takes Britt over McBride for their last LB spot for some reason. If not, my guess for the last 2 is Britt & Taylor.

Note they are both stud MLB's!

Stop the run! Four of our eight SEC opponents will feature strong power run games and giving up 200+ YPG on the ground to those bozo's has to stop. 

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

But...but....but.... A couple of months ago when a list of 9 LB prospects was posted and some said 9 wasn't casting a big enough net, those doubters got shouted down. Now we're casting a bigger net because, well, 9 wasn't enough. 11 may not be enough either, the way our luck with LB recruiting has gone. However this is good news as 11 is certainly more than nine.

There are probably more linebackers playing HS ball than about any other position on the football field.   There should be a huge shopping list of potential LBs. 

I looked at the ESPN 300 and there were a dozens of ILB and OLB guys listed.....so I wonder why, right at the beginning of any recruiting cycle we have just a small handful of candidates?   Maybe we've already weeded them down but as noted, maybe we should expand the search beyond Georgia, Alabama and Florida.

I sure hope UGA takes McBride over Britt and Britt comes here. I think Britt's going to be better than McBride.

1 hour ago, CR said:

I sure hope UGA takes McBride over Britt and Britt comes here. I think Britt's going to be better than McBride.

So I guess you think you're a better evaluator of LB talent than UGA coaches.  Kirby Smart has been coaching LBs and defenses for a lot of years.  But I'm not sure they have that choice or have to make that choice, but maybe they do.  Many on here think so.  I certainly don't study other programs enough to know.  

2 minutes ago, autan said:

So I guess you think you're a better evaluator of LB talent than UGA coaches.  Kirby Smart has been coaching LBs and defenses for a lot of years.  But I'm not sure they have that choice or have to make that choice, but maybe they do.  Many on here think so.  I certainly don't study other programs enough to know.  

Chill tan. CR saying he likes Britt better is not an indictment on a coaching staff or their evaluations nor is it implying he's a better evaluator.

On 7/15/2016 at 3:18 PM, ellitor said:

Shotput is a combination of strength, mobility and coordination. You add that to a 405 pound bench and this kid could surprise a lot of people in the future.

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Shotput is a combination of strength, mobility and coordination. You add that to a 405 pound bench and this kid could surprise a lot of people in the future.

How many linebackers are literally strong enough to throw the biggest Offensive Linemen in the game?

Archived