2017 5* ATH JaCoby Stevens (LSU 8/8/16)

ellitor

13 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Seems like we had a lot of players that left the team for discipline problems under Chizik as well (Demetruce McNeal included even though I believe Malzahn was the one that kicked him off). Sometimes players just don't pan out off the field as well. Something that recruit rankings cannot predict. 

Yup!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Will you please stop spewing this inaccurate crap?!?!?!?! I am sick & tired of reading it!!!! Gus & CDC both needed to part ways & both made mistakes that probably could have been  handled differently. Gus did not run CDC off though for the trillionth time.

Gus did run DC off. But the parting was mutual after DC learned Gus didn't want his opinion on things.  

7 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gus did run DC off. But the parting was mutual after DC learned Gus didn't want his opinion on things.  

You have made other posts indicating differently the past month or so....Gus not wanting coaches opinions on things has been going on for a while. It wasn't a late in the process thing as I understand it.

Either way I'm done talking about it.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

You have made other posts indicating differently the past month or so....Gus not wanting coaches opinions on things has been going on for a while. It wasn't a late in the process thing as I understand it.

Either way I'm done talking about it.

If Gus would have let DC have more input into the offense, DC would still be here. Gus didn't and DC left. Was the best for both at the end. It's Gus's team. Gus, I hope, did what he thought was best. DC could have handled and should have handled the situation better.  All water under the bridge now. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If Gus would have let DC have more input into the offense, DC would still be here. Gus didn't and DC left. Was the best for both at the end. It's Gus's team. Gus, I hope, did what he thought was best. DC could have handled and should have handled the situation better.  All water under the bridge now. 

Agree with all that. I guess I was just using semantics again...Gee. Who'd a thunk it.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

He was a greeat recruiter when he was here. He was not happy about feeling like he was not being heard & by most accounts he let that eat at him and may have lost some on field focus over time. I would not call him lousy. WRs were open often times last season.

I was making more a tongue in cheek observation about fan perspective (at least the vocal message board type), how great coaches are when they are coaching at other schools and how they are a liability when they coach at AU.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Great players make coaches look great. Conversely, the oposited holds true too.

By the opposite, do you mean great coaches make players look great, or not so great players make coaches look not so great?;D

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

By the opposite, do you mean great coaches make players look great, or not so great players make coaches look not so great?;D

You tell us since you are an Oracle :bow:;)

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Great players make coaches look great. Conversely, the oposited holds true 

This is so true bird. With regards to Gus and DC all I will say is that it is better for both sides that DC left for LSU. I do think that Gus wanted DC to look elsewhere, however I don't believe DC would have been run off had he not been able to find another job. Things were at a boiling point with Gus and DC with regards to his input with our offense. 

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

Ummmm...Sounds to me like we agreed. Do you dislike me that much to agree w/ me then say agreeing with me is wrong? lol

E- I agree with you frequently & I appreciate your input; I just hope that you are wrong about Jacoby (How is bama going to tell him he is going to play both ways with a straight face?). At AU we could definitely use him both ways. I was just sick of reading all of the negativity & aujeff happened to catch me at the wrong time. No disrespect for either of you.

3 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

E- I agree with you frequently & I appreciate your input; I just hope that you are wrong about Jacoby (How is bama going to tell him he is going to play both ways with a straight face?). At AU we could definitely use him both ways. I was just sick of reading all of the negativity & aujeff happened to catch me at the wrong time. No disrespect for either of you.

I think we might all be amazed at what his lead recruiter, Lame Kiffin, can do or say with a straight face.

10 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

It's Jeff for crying out loud.

And it's only July.

9 minutes ago, JoeinPF said:

For the benefit of those of us with a life: can we stay on the thread topic?

Yeah the topic is he is Bama bound. For the benefit of those with a life and those without a life, dont be a douche. 

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yeah the topic is he is Bama bound.

May not be. LSU just hired a family member that may shake things up.

55 minutes ago, ellitor said:

May not be. LSU just hired a family member that may shake things up.

Taking a page out of the Hugh Freeze playbook.  

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Taking a page out of the Hugh Freeze playbook.  

LSU did it with Patterson's brother too before Freeze did. #Irony

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

LSU did it with Patterson's brother too before Freeze did. #Irony

I guess it's better than arranging a "house sitting" gig.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Nice. ^^^^^^^lion gets it. Sure worked out well for uat. 

I doon't remember that story. Who are we talking about?

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I doon't remember that story. Who are we talking about?

The most prominent story is that Trent Richardson's mom was given a job as a house-sitter for a bama boosters as part of his "signing package". Julio Jones mom was also given a job working for a bama booster at his home.

The faux Tigahs are in play for this kid also.  Regardless who he commits to it won't be over til NSD and he may be one of those that still needs time after that but realistically I can understand his confusion especially not knowing really which way to go either WR or S.  Because everyone will tell him he can do both but for me I'd go safety.  He has the body for it and the speed to be elite, Like first draft elite.

7 minutes ago, corchjay said:

The faux Tigahs are in play for this kid also.  Regardless who he commits to it won't be over til NSD and he may be one of those that still needs time after that but realistically I can understand his confusion especially not knowing really which way to go either WR or S.  Because everyone will tell him he can do both but for me I'd go safety.  He has the body for it and the speed to be elite, Like first draft elite.

Well if he wants to do what the kid at USC did as a he says he does in interviews then he will be full time at DB & kick Returner & feature at WR.

Archived