2017 3* LB Monty Rice (LSU 12/12/16)

ellitor

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do we stand with Rice?  I am not hearing him mentioned as much anymore.  Thanks in advance.

17 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Where do we stand with Rice?  I am not hearing him mentioned as much anymore.  Thanks in advance.

There's really not much info on him. He keeps things close to the vest. It's believed to be an AU-UGA battle.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Just looking at his numbers and star rating, he doesn't seem worth chasing. Am i wrong and is there something there that i'm missing? just wondering    :dunno:

Pretty sure we are higher on Tyler Taylor. if we do not land him I expect AU to push for rice.

3 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Just looking at his numbers and star rating, he doesn't seem worth chasing. Am i wrong and is there something there that i'm missing? just wondering    :dunno:

I think we like Rice a lot. It may be whoever commits first. E may have said we may take 1 to 2 more LBs.

11 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Any new info on M. Rice? Visits, etc.?

i haven't heard a peep about him. 

Nothing new.

8 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

T-Will doesn't see him as a 3*. That's all that needs to be said.

1 hour ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

I think were looking for only one more LB. Everyone has their on opinion but I like Rice alot.

1-2 spots left.

I was at the James Clemons game Friday and everyone I talked to seems to think its UGA right now. Now that means nothing and I'm sure we could kick it in if we desire so. Good baller with great instincts IMO. We could do a heck of a lot worse. 

4 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

I was at the James Clemons game Friday and everyone I talked to seems to think its UGA right now. Now that means nothing and I'm sure we could kick it in if we desire so. Good baller with great instincts IMO. We could do a heck of a lot worse. 

one way or another I think we split Taylor and Rice with the pups and I'm okay with that.

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Monty is gonna be an EE and it's still a AU/UGA battle. Committing December 12, hope it's the good guys!

LB is the last position I am concerned about for this recruiting cycle....shockingly. Not sure I have ever said that before. 

2 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Monty is gonna be an EE and it's still a AU/UGA battle. Committing December 12, hope it's the good guys!

UGA trending big. We likely split him & Tyler Taylor with the pups IMO, them getting Rice & we get Taylor.

11 hours ago, thaitopher said:

LB is the last position I am concerned about for this recruiting cycle....shockingly. Not sure I have ever said that before. 

We need to be concerned. We only signed one LB last year. We need four good ones this time to just break even.

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

We need to be concerned. We only signed one LB last year. We need four good ones this time to just break even.

I think thaitopher is saying he ain't worried about LB recruiting cuz, T-WILL GOT DIS! And I completely agree.

We have three LB commitments and will probably get at least one more. So no, we don't have to be any more concerned with LB recruiting than any other important position. It would be nice if we get some more D linemen. We have zilch right now. 

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

I think thaitopher is saying he ain't worried about LB recruiting cuz, T-WILL GOT DIS! And I completely agree.

Maybe a little hyperbole here, but I think that T-Will may be the most complete coach that we have on the staff (coaching, recruiting, repping AU). Loved him as a player, loving him as a coach. LB recruiting looks very solid.

• 2 weeks later...

Twill is gonna get who he WANTS out of these 2 imo. Would love to have both but I doubt we take both. Will never be worried about LB recruiting as long as Twill is here.

Archived